June 28, 2015 - Audio-Video Club of Atlanta 2nd Annual Portable Audio Jam
Jun 25, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #47 of 86
Subbed, have a conflict but could be relocating to the Atlanta area later this year.

Jun 25, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #48 of 86
I've never been to a meet before, but this is literally just around the corner from me so I will be there :)

What's the best way to bring music with you to audition? CD's, USB drives or ??

Jun 25, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #49 of 86
  I've never been to a meet before, but this is literally just around the corner from me so I will be there :)

What's the best way to bring music with you to audition? CD's, USB drives or ??

There may possibly be a silver disc spinner or two, but I suspect that most attendees will either bring their own portable player, or music on a USB data storage device... either a portable HDD or a USB flash drive. One of our exhibitors has requested that you bring music on a microSD card to listen to his players. Hope this helps! I recommend a USB flash drive or the microSD card... or both!

John

Jun 25, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #52 of 86
Good thing for the front page post or I'd have completely missed this.

I will happen to be around that area on the 28th already so I'll try to stop by and experience some sonic excitement. I'll have a pair of PS500's in tow though I suspect the 500e's will be around already.
If anyone for some reason has a specific interest in hearing the non-e 500's I'll have a overly worn red backpack and likely be around towards the last 3 hours.

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #55 of 86
 Late to the party, but I'd love to see some of the equipment I've been reading about. I only have a few pieces of gear and they're not anything people here are going to want to see(clip zip, e11, decent iems). But like I said I'd love to come and drool over some real stuff.

Thanks to the organizers and people bringing their gear, I've never had the chance to attend anything like this. Looking forward to it.

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #56 of 86
 Late to the party, but I'd love to see some of the equipment I've been reading about. I only have a few pieces of gear and they're not anything people here are going to want to see(clip zip, e11, decent iems). But like I said I'd love to come and drool over some real stuff.

Thanks to the organizers and people bringing their gear, I've never had the chance to attend anything like this. Looking forward to it.

I hope you can make it. I plan to bring the HE1000. & HD800 there. Will try to bring the stax sr009 there as well.

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #59 of 86
Hopefully these happen more often, because I will have to miss this one unfortunately. Any Tech students going? I'm assuming that is an appropriate question under these circumstances. I don't have much in terms of hardware, especially considering I sold two of my three cans due to the newer one exceeding them in pretty much all use cases.

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #60 of 86
Hi Friends!

We are bringing the following gear to the event:

Macbook Pro i7 with Amarra 3.03

Audioquest Dragonfly (latest version)

Audioquest Diamond and Shunyata Venom USB Cables

April Music Aura Note 2 to serve as DAC, CD player, and headphone amp/DAC

Audioquest NightHawk

Grado GS1000e

Grado RS-1e

Plus some nice hirez files from HDTracks and Hidef Tape Transfers

Users who are viewing this thread