Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jun 18, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #586 of 686
I decided to give Trinity a try, given my love for Quatre. I've gone through a good number of IEMs because 95% cause tinnitus flare-ups. The Quatres are the best sounding I've found that don't cause the issue for me. I'm not sure about the Trinity just yet, but I am quickly becoming addicted to the guitar on these - Truly amazing. I find the blue filter on the Quatre provides similar bass quantity, but the Trinity quality is higher and maintains excellent separation.

IMG_2719.jpg
Thank you for sharing~

Jun 24, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #587 of 686
can I ask how do the mids of the trinity SS or brass compare to the mids of the Khan or Solaris

I am wondering whats with the big number of Trinity being being offered second hand, is there something to note about its signature, that might have been a drawback

If I like full rich mids, great detail, and good bass, big sound stage which Jomo might suit me the best

Jun 24, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #588 of 686
Flamenco for sure for the mids.
Trinity low mids and mids (250 to 1KHz) are little recessed in comparaison creating a very deep soundstage. And with high-mids very well highlighted it gives a more vivid sound.
Bass is much better than on Flamenco with this DD slam and great impact/decay.
Highs are very natural on both, maybe little more natural on Trinity.
I own them for 19 months now and really enjoyed it a lot.

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #589 of 686
can I ask how do the mids of the trinity SS or brass compare to the mids of the Khan or Solaris

I am wondering whats with the big number of Trinity being being offered second hand, is there something to note about its signature, that might have been a drawback

If I like full rich mids, great detail, and good bass, big sound stage which Jomo might suit me the best

I would say the mids are more transparent and vibrant than rich. The Quatre is quite rich but the details are more muted and it can get more congested (compared to the Trinity).

I've found the source really matters in the upper-mids with most IEMs with ESTs I've owned (EE Valkyrie, Rhapsodio Zombie MK II, Fearless Roland, Alclair Electro, and Jomo Trinity). Without the right source, they can sound quite thin and sometimes shrill. The Electro was the most accommodating to source and the Trinity next.

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #597 of 686
joseph/jomo audio seems suspect to me; a new company, charging kilobucks out the gate, creating hype by way of demo review units(that are now being sold second hand (greasy)), audio 46 seems to not want to stock their products anymore, not to mention the creation/transition of MMR, witch also has comical prices for a brand new company....

I know about the history of audio he has. still seems shady to me overall.
What exactly is this comment about? Could you please elaborate more?

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #599 of 686
joseph/jomo audio seems suspect to me; a new company, charging kilobucks out the gate, creating hype by way of free $5k earphones demo review units(that are now being sold second hand (greasy)), audio 46 seems to not want to stock their products anymore, not to mention the creation/transition of MMR, witch also has comical prices for a brand new company. $5k earphones with a 2 year warranty from a company touting pride in craftsmanship. A limited lifetime warranty would have been the least I would've expected to see on something like that. two years is long enough for a company to dissolve and reemerge again as another boutique.

I know about the history of audio he has. still seems shady to me overall.
As a previous trinity owner, I am curious and want to know more. I know there are so many demo units that are for sale from 64audio, empire ears and etc. So I don't think it's a big problem at all. But I would like to know more about the jomo -> MMR stuff. And what is the warranty issue you talked about?

Thanks

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #600 of 686
As a previous trinity owner, I am curious and want to know more. I know there are so many demo units that are for sale from 64audio, empire ears and etc. So I don't think it's a big problem at all. But I would like to know more about the jomo -> MMR stuff. And what is the warranty issue you talked about?

Thanks
to me, its just the feeling I get from this whole thread/company in general. I feel that I have given enough examples.

Thank you for editing of your previously commnet. It was a bit confusing at first.
Audio 46 is still a dealer of Jomo Audio, if you want to order something Im sure Tony will be glad to help you.
Im not quite sure what is the $5K demo on sale thingy that you are referring to, could you please give us more detail? Jomo never had a $5K IEM product. If you have an question about that, feel free to ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back