Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread
Oct 9, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #271 of 686
wonderful :o2smile:

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #272 of 686
Headfonia's take on the Quatre is online:
https://www.headfonia.com/review-jomo-quatre/

Jomo-Audio-Quatre-14.jpg

Nice! Would you (or anyone) happen to know if this was a model showcased at CanJam Singapore? Jomo had two prototypes there and I preferred the brighter one. Not sure if the Quatre was one of them.

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #273 of 686
Nice! Would you (or anyone) happen to know if this was a model showcased at CanJam Singapore? Jomo had two prototypes there and I preferred the brighter one. Not sure if the Quatre was one of them.

Eric explained to me that the two prototypes Jomo had on display at CJ SG actually had the exact same internals. The only difference between them was the volume of air within the shell, i.e. they were the same IEM with different ACU modules installed. It's possible one seemed brighter than the other because of a difference in bass levels/decay.

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #274 of 686
Eric explained to me that the two prototypes Jomo had on display at CJ SG actually had the exact same internals. The only difference between them was the volume of air within the shell, i.e. they were the same IEM with different ACU modules installed. It's possible one seemed brighter than the other because of a difference in bass levels/decay.

Correction: Quatre wasn't at Canjam SG. The two prototypes was Tango and another none released model.

Oct 25, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #278 of 686
Now I always use them with the bass boost on and treeble down. For me the best position to listen Jazz and classical. About the Flamenco realy the best IEMs listened at date. I use them with a 1960 4 braids with poly mojo an the go and SP1000+hugo2 at home. I have now tried or own a lot of flashgrip: Zeus, U18 and Fourté, Legend X and phantom, Lcdi4 and Samba,and others. For my taste the Flamenco are still the best.

can you share some zeus / flamenco comparisons ? thank you

Oct 26, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #279 of 686
Unfortunately I have not enjoyed the Zeus XRA, some of my friends have told me that the Zeus without Adel modules are better. Compare to the Flamenco the Zeus like the Kaiser encore are more technical where the Flamenco are more détailled and smooth. The soundstage with the Zeus is bigger but it is more coherent for me with Flamenco. With the Zeus you are in front of the music and you are inside with Flamenco. There is a lack of bass on the Zeus compared to the Flamenco. For me the Zeus make music where the Flamenco play music. If you want to listen each note, each instruments the Zeus are the good choice, to listen music I prefer Flamenco.

I have now compared the Flamenco with some others Flashgrips (UE 18 + V2, kaiser encore, Lcdi4, phantom and LX, U18, Fourté, W900.....) and steel prefer the Flamenco. But between Zeus, phantom and LX, I prefer the Zeus.
EA8C054A-21FC-45C6-993A-5F29C6A1B2F0.jpeg

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #280 of 686
Unfortunately I have not enjoyed the Zeus XRA, some of my friends have told me that the Zeus without Adel modules are better. Compare to the Flamenco the Zeus like the Kaiser encore are more technical where the Flamenco are more détailled and smooth. The soundstage with the Zeus is bigger but it is more coherent for me with Flamenco. With the Zeus you are in front of the music and you are inside with Flamenco. There is a lack of bass on the Zeus compared to the Flamenco. For me the Zeus make music where the Flamenco play music. If you want to listen each note, each instruments the Zeus are the good choice, to listen music I prefer Flamenco.

I have now compared the Flamenco with some others Flashgrips (UE 18 + V2, kaiser encore, Lcdi4, phantom and LX, U18, Fourté, W900.....) and steel prefer the Flamenco. But between Zeus, phantom and LX, I prefer the Zeus.

I'm loving the new shell design Joseph's come up with for the Flamenco, including all the one-off, premium faceplates. By the way, Mingo Store just announced a 2018 revision of the Haka with the new shell design and tuning (if Google Translate is to be believed). Very curious to see how it differs from the original I reviewed a while back.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 1.50.23 PM.png

Oct 26, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #281 of 686
Waoww, they are great and I love the new shell:beyersmile:

Oct 26, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #282 of 686
Super excited for my IEMs!
It took less than 3 weeks from the time they received my ear impressions, which was a nice surprise.

D535D872-913D-4DF0-A1A3-89E414E76A19.png

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #284 of 686
Now I always use them with the bass boost on and treeble down. For me the best position to listen Jazz and classical. About the Flamenco realy the best IEMs listened at date. I use them with a 1960 4 braids with poly mojo an the go and SP1000+hugo2 at home. I have now tried or own a lot of flashgrip: Zeus, U18 and Fourté, Legend X and phantom, Lcdi4 and Samba,and others. For my taste the Flamenco are still the best.
I have a mojo for portable use and was wondering what the pairing with the Flamenco is like. Also how does it compare to the Hugo 2?

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #285 of 686
I find the mojo better with the poly compared to my iPhone. I have tried many sources with mojo and Hugo2. I have not listened any difference between the DAPs but any dap as source were better than a smartphone. Hugo2 is better: better soundstage, little more detailled but for the price the mojo is my preferred one. With the Flamenco the pairing with the mojo is just perfect. flamenco are easy to drive and steel my preferred pair. I have compared them now with Prophile P8 and Hyla CE5 and they are always for me the winners.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back