Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread
Aug 15, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #241 of 686
Out of the many auditions I've done, I've always found a lot more use out of the bass switch than the treble switch. I find the Flamenco's treble perfect with the switch down. The nifty thing about the bass switch is that it affects frequencies around 200-400Hz as well, so it has the potential to add body to the midrange. Jomo does offer the Ares II stock, but I must say - the Flamenco sounds spectacular with the Mars-Leo (M2L2) hybrid. :p
Thanks for sharing that! Such a shame I missed Canjam, I could have fiddled around with them myself.

(...and yes, I see what you did there! :D Haven't yet heard any of the more exotic cable combinations.)

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #242 of 686
Out of the many auditions I've done, I've always found a lot more use out of the bass switch than the treble switch. I find the Flamenco's treble perfect with the switch down. The nifty thing about the bass switch is that it affects frequencies around 200-400Hz as well, so it has the potential to add body to the midrange. Jomo does offer the Ares II stock, but I must say - the Flamenco sounds spectacular with the Mars-Leo (M2L2) hybrid. :p
+1 i only use the bass switch and left the treeble down. With the treeble up I find them too much and a little bit agressive for my taste. Down they are absolutely wonderful.

Aug 19, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #243 of 686
If I may ask, which one has better imaging/more accurate positional cues (I am aware that the soundstage on the Flamenco is very small for an IEM, all I care about is the imaging), which one is better? The Zeus XRA or the Flamenco?

Aug 19, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #244 of 686
If I may ask, which one has better imaging/more accurate positional cues (I am aware that the soundstage on the Flamenco is very small for an IEM, all I care about is the imaging), which one is better? The Zeus XRA or the Flamenco?

I’d say the Flamenco wins out in that regard. One of the main drawbacks of ADEL technology is a compromise in imaging precision for the sake of large, almost-stretched-out notes. The non-ADEL Zeus would pose a better contest.

Aug 19, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #245 of 686
Between Zeus XRA and flamenco: Flamenco with no doubt for me. About the soudstage of the flamenco perhaps not as large as Lcdi4 or U18 but more reel and credible. If you want XRA you are very welcome:jecklinsmile:

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #246 of 686
I’d say the Flamenco wins out in that regard. One of the main drawbacks of ADEL technology is a compromise in imaging precision for the sake of large, almost-stretched-out notes. The non-ADEL Zeus would pose a better contest.

Between Zeus XRA and flamenco: Flamenco with no doubt for me. About the soudstage of the flamenco perhaps not as large as Lcdi4 or U18 but more reel and credible. If you want XRA you are very welcome:jecklinsmile:

I am guessing the Flamenco's imaging is the best on an IEM? Even better than something like an EX1000 or the Andromeda?

Aug 19, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #247 of 686
One of the best I think. I don’t know andromeda and EX1000. The flamenco is probably the best I listened with the ldci4.

Aug 19, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #248 of 686
I am guessing the Flamenco's imaging is the best on an IEM? Even better than something like an EX1000 or the Andromeda?

Precision is definitely one of the Flamenco's great pros. But to be fair, there are numerous IEMs out there that best the Andromeda in imaging precision. I notice on your profile that you're located in Japan. How 'bout you give them a try at your local e-earphone? That should help you a lot more when making your decision.

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #249 of 686
Precision is definitely one of the Flamenco's great pros. But to be fair, there are numerous IEMs out there that best the Andromeda in imaging precision. I notice on your profile that you're located in Japan. How 'bout you give them a try at your local e-earphone? That should help you a lot more when making your decision.

I could, but the job I took has very, very minimal down time or breaks and eats up basically the whole day, every day (despite that I signed up knowing that this is going to be the thing, even read it in fine print), and I don't know when will be my next vacation-like break, because after work I'm insanely tired and I'd end up getting home and sometimes skipping dinner due to sheer exhaustion. So, its more of I could demo if I ever get the time, but until then, I'd like to know from others.

Aug 20, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #250 of 686
Hi guys, I recebtly had the chance to try out the Quatre and Deux at a local audio show. Albeit at limited functionality (I could only try them with one filter each) the Quatre managed to impress me, like a more organic and refined Jomo house sound.

Impressions are here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kua...av-show-kliav-2018-impressions-thread.886935/

KLIAV-Quatre.jpg

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #251 of 686
Anyone have both the U18 and the Flamenco? Which did you prefer?

Considering purchasing it from Jomo Audio since I loved the Samba which I felt was a detail monster.

Aug 25, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #252 of 686
I prefer the flamenco and will sell the U18.

Aug 27, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #253 of 686
The Jomo Audio Quatre is in the house!

Unboxing 04.jpg
Unboxing 05.jpg
Quatre 02.jpg

Aug 27, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #254 of 686
Anyone have both the U18 and the Flamenco? Which did you prefer?

Considering purchasing it from Jomo Audio since I loved the Samba which I felt was a detail monster.

Having both now but the U18 is left pretty much dormant. Legend X and the Flamenco occupies all of my listening time. For their somewhat similar signature I prefer the Flamenco.

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #255 of 686

Users who are viewing this thread

Back