Joint European Head-Fi/HIFI-FORUM.de Meet in Berlin, Sept. 11th. It's on!
Aug 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #76 of 186

Quote:

There's still Tegel, which is fairly central.

true but still a stupidly backward move.  most citys would kill to get a proper airport in the city.  London city is awesome but too small and it cant get any bigger.

anyway it would seem that no airlines even fly from Edinburgh to Berlin aside from Ryanair.  even Lufthansa would make me go via Frankfurt.  others via Copenhagen or London or Brussels or Paris or Amsterdam.  just what the hell is that about?

not that i could book now anyway as i wont know if i could go till much nearer anyway but still.

Aug 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #77 of 186
Okay, my last post for today, I promise! :)

If any of you non-local visitors need a place to stay for the weekend, I can offer a place for one person on the sleeping couch in my home office. Two, if both don't mind cuddling with a total stranger. First come, first serve!

Aug 20, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #80 of 186

Quote:
We have a sponsor for our brunch, the event will be totally free of charge for participants.

First post updated accordingly.

Thanks Sepinho! You are doing a great job - thanks for the effort! I am looking forward to meet you all. 
regular_smile .gif

Aug 21, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #81 of 186
I went to Hifi im Hinterhof (HiH) today and talked to our hosts about a few details for the meet. What amazing guys! Seriously, they'll totally clear out two of their audio studios for us and equip it with plenty of audio racks and  tables for up to 40 seperate listening stations. In addition, they'll throw in some nifty equipment for us to test, such as the beyerdynamic T1 and possibly a rare Musical Fidelity X-Can V8P amp. I'll keep you posted on the details.

I'll help the guys prepare the rooms for us on Sept. 9th and 10. If any of you guys are in Berlin on Sept. 10th, you're welcome to drop off and/or set up your stuff Friday evening to ease our start on Saturday. Rest assured it'll be safe, HiH has a guard service securing their premises at night.
Send a PM for further details if you're interested.

Aug 21, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #82 of 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmushorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish Jan Meier could supply a Stepdance for the meet. I would love to hear it. 

I've talked to Jan about supplying a Stepdance, but he doesn't even have one right now. Both demo units are sent out (I'm looking at you, Skylab!). He might have a full batch ready before our meet, you're welcome to buy one and bring it along. :wink:

Aug 21, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #83 of 186
Just stumbled on this thread and having recently moved to Berlin, I would love to attend.  I've got a Darkvoice 337 I can bring along as well (most of my other gear is already represented).

I'll also be bringing a step down transformer for any of you guys that have 110V gear; its a beast of a transformer and will have plenty of grunt to drive whatever you've got.

Very much looking forward to hearing some new stuff!

Aug 21, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #84 of 186

Quote:
Just stumbled on this thread and having recently moved to Berlin, I would love to attend.  I've got a Darkvoice 337 I can bring along as well (most of my other gear is already represented).

I'll also be bringing a step down transformer for any of you guys that have 110V gear; its a beast of a transformer and will have plenty of grunt to drive whatever you've got.

Very much looking forward to hearing some new stuff!

Welcome! Some mighty fine Cans you got there too! Would you mind bringing your ALO 780s (specifically requested by another attendee iirc) and the Darth Beyers (requested by ME..
smile_phones.gif
)?

Aug 21, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #85 of 186
I'd love to but I sold all my other cans off once I heard the HD-650's.  I'm particularly interested in hearing the HD-800's.  Sorry I can't be of my help :frowning2:

Quote:
Welcome! Some mighty fine Cans you got there too! Would you mind bringing your ALO 780s (specifically requested by another attendee iirc) and the Darth Beyers (requested by ME..
smile_phones.gif
)?

Aug 21, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #89 of 186
I'm sorry guys.
I was looking forward to attending this meet, but it turns out I'm running in the municipal elections that occur at the start of October and I will be in the middle of campaining when you guys meet.
I hope you have a great time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back