Joint European Head-Fi/HIFI-FORUM.de Meet in Berlin, Sept. 11th. It's on!
Aug 22, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #91 of 186

Quote:
I'm sorry guys.
I was looking forward to attending this meet, but it turns out I'm running in the municipal elections that occur at the start of October and I will be in the middle of campaining when you guys meet.
I hope you have a great time!

Good luck with your campaign. I hope you're not running for Jobbik..

Aug 22, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #92 of 186
Quote:
You can find a few suggestions in the third post of this thread. Or crash on the couch in my home office.

Thanks, going to send an inquiry on the Entertainment Suite 1. Anyone else interested? 75€ for one day and 1-4 persons - sharing them would be a very cheap deal. Depending on if I can reserve it or not, I might take your offer to crash on your couch.
The second suite would be 60€ for two persons.

Aug 22, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #93 of 186
They sure sound intriguing, don't they? I'm gonna have to stay there for a weekend some day, just for the heck of it.
Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and add you to the list of attendees now, if you don't mind.

Quote:
Thanks, going to send an inquiry on the Entertainment Suite 1. Anyone else interested? 75€ for one day and 1-4 persons - sharing them would be a very cheap deal. Depending on if I can reserve it or not, I might take your offer to crash on your couch.
The second suite would be 60€ for two persons.

Aug 22, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #99 of 186
Bummer, that would've been our only 701 iirc. But I guess the Stax more than make up for it. The DIY amp would be great of course, if you can somehow transport them. Did you fetch a ride w/somebody or are you taking the train?

Quote:
Oh sorry, forgot to mention that. You can remove the Little Dot and 701s since I don't own them anymore. Hope this clears it up a bit.

Aug 22, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #100 of 186
Quote:
Bummer, that would've been our only 701 iirc. But I guess the Stax more than make up for it. The DIY amp would be great of course, if you can somehow transport them. Did you fetch a ride w/somebody or are you taking the train?

I'll probably take the train, yeah. The DIY amp is quite heavy, but I have several big bags so I could transport it with me somehow.

Edit: I should mention that my amp has a normal and pro bias socket, so if you want to take a listen with your Stax earspeakers as well, bring them along.

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #102 of 186

There's a list of sources in the first post. HiH will provide a few more, possibly SACD, DVD-A and/or a small Sonos installation. Don't worry, we're set.
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
Will we have any sources at the meet? I don't own a notebook nor a CD player, just a crappy DVD Player that sounds absolutely horrible.

Errr.. What do you usually hook your audio gear up to then?

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #103 of 186
Quote:
There's a list of sources in the first post. HiH will provide a few more, possibly SACD, DVD-A and/or a small Sonos installation. Don't worry, we're set.
bigsmile_face.gif

Errr.. What do you usually hook your audio gear up to then?

Alright then. I usually use my desktop computer, that would be a pain in the ass to transport though, so that's why I was asking if any sources will be provided.

Aug 23, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #104 of 186
Are there not places where you can buy cheap old CD-players? Those oldies can be quite good and very cheap. If there is a pawn shop or store with used stuff...

(I am a CD guy for the moment.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back