John Grado has agreed to an interview, I invite you to suggest some questions
Jul 26, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #31 of 87
When can we expect this interview?

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #32 of 87
1) If you were able to build a cost no object statement product what would it be?

2) Have you ever thought of producing an electrostatic headphone?

3) What are your personal headphones if you use them?

4) What’s you home stereo system comprised of?

5) Are there any innovations coming from Grado Labs in the near future? New product or direction you’d like to pursue?

6) What’s the most significant change in the headphone market in the last 10 years?

7) How long does it take to make a pair of RS-1’s?

8) What kind of music do you listen too?

9) What do you do for fun or what hobbies do you have?

10) What's the most important thing you learned from your uncle Joe Grado?

Above all please tell him Thank You for producing such a fine line of products.

Off Topic- are there any other headphones manufactured in the USA? I can’t think of one.

The problem seems to be people want to make statements and not ask a real question.

Good Luck Zanth this is really cool. Is there any chance of interviewing Joe Grado also? I’d like to hear his opinion on a few things.

Mitch

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:09 PM Post #33 of 87
Any changes in look, and comfort, for the future models if any?
Honestly IMO, in general all Grado headphones look very similar in shape, saving the differences in materials, and they indeed look like a retro old telegraph headphone from WWII, of course taste and personal preference play its roll here, some may like it that way, but it is unquestionable that they are retro looking...and for the majority of the persons that try them, uncomfortable.

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #35 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
Will you ever do a high impedence grado headphone that will work well with tube amps?
smily_headphones1.gif

That goes for me too. A nice high impedance set of cans would make for some serious tube-love in my book.

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #36 of 87
Is there any chance of Grado making speakers again? Joe sold some speakers back in the day under the Grado name, and they were supposedly very good.

What modifications exist between the Grados and Alessandros?

What Grado model is the MS-1 based off? (personally I believe it is the SR-60. No other Grado model ships with the comfies)

Jul 27, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #37 of 87
Many users here and elsewhere find grados (and alessandros) uncomfortable, is there any plan to address this "issue" ? further is there any plan to make closed grado headphones?

I suppose supplimentary to an earlier question - is there any plan to have a set of headphones for street use as opposed to home use?

Jul 27, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #38 of 87
I'd love to know how much attention John pays to what the major players, in terms of the competition, are doing. Or do Grado have their own internal "think tank" for ideas and pushing things forward.

Jul 27, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #39 of 87
I DEMAND
eek.gif
tongue.gif
to know when will the new Grado SR-40 replacement be put into the market.

After the current line up of headphones, any chance that there will be a separate line of headphones? (eg. close Grados, portable Grados, new Grados with different sound etc. etc.)

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jul 27, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #40 of 87
- What does he think of electrostatic headphones?

- Any thoughts about releasing speakers for public consumption, omnidirectional or otherwise?

- How is the cartridge side of the business?

- Has he heard any interesting table/phono-preamp/arms lately?

- What kind of music does he listen to?

- How much time per week does he listen to music on headphones?

- Has he digitized any music, or is he an analog afficianado? If the former, what does he use to do so?

- Flats or bowls?

I wouldn't ask those "design" or "HP-1" questions, he's pretty defensive about those. (But that was before the PS-1, so perhaps he's mellowed since then.)

Jul 27, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #41 of 87
I was wondering on the Rs-1 wood colouration to the sound. How did he get it to sound so realistic to woodwind instruments? I have always wanted to know this.

I have heard some headphones yet I have never heard a woodwind instrument sound so convincing apart from on the Rs-1's.

Also would he consider doing a Rs-1i. THe Ps-1 is merely a sidestep for me. Is he willing to take the existing Rs-1 design and sound and be willing to take it to the next level? I am not asking to make a he90 beater or an R-10 beater. Who am I kidding? I want him to make the ultimate statement Rs-1 headphone. I know a lot of people don't like the Rs-1's sound and I am okay with that. But for the people who do. Maybe a kind of limited run.

Also can we lose the pizza boxes? Actually that's kinda degrading to pizza boxes worldwide.

Jul 27, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #43 of 87
Again- Any chance of the RS-1 in the US. If no why

What set up does he have?

What type of music does he listen to?

What does he think of the HD-650?

Any chance of canal phones in the grado line?

Is he looking to hire an accountant CPA who lives in Brooklyn and shares his passion?

Favorite resturants in Brooklyn?

Jul 27, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #44 of 87
- How many people work for Grado, how many of them actually take a hand in making headphones, and how many take a hand in making cartrdiges?

- Do the same people who make the headphones or cartrdiges make the headphone amps and phono preamps?

- How long does it take to make the various headphones in the line (or just ask, for example, SR-60, SR-225, and RS-1)?

- How long does it take to make some of the cartridges?

- What does John listen to at home? What turntable and cartridge does he use (I assume Grado Statement)? What other components does he use?

- Are the RS-1 speakers his only speakers, or does he have others, and how much does he listen to them?

- How does he divide his time between listening to headphones and listening to speakers?

- How extensive is his music collection? How many CDs (if any) and LPs?

And most importantly, when can we expect to see this review posted? Thanks a bunch Zanth for doing this, and make sure to thank Mr. Grado for all the fantastic products he produces!

Jul 27, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #45 of 87
Please consider a much better ear cup comfort. A ear cup that goes complealy around the ears and then I would comsider buying grados again. Now it cost us about 100.00 to buy a comfortable ear pad from headphile and that is way to much to pay for a 60,80,MS-1 to get the great comfort they give us. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back