John Grado has agreed to an interview, I invite you to suggest some questions
Jul 27, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #76 of 87
So here's a good question: When is this interview going to take place? I don't want to come back in two weeks (leaving Saturday) and find the thread in the bottom of the pile!
biggrin.gif

This is a great opportunity and I can see where you guys are coming from, but Grado isn't the kind of company that goes experimenting with electrostatics or higher impedance versions of their headphones. They've been doing well now for a while, why change? Really, I think they should put the effort into improving the great stuff they already have.

Jul 27, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #77 of 87
I will be speaking with John tomorrow morning, I will post and for a time, sticky the interview in the headphones section. The new thread should be up sometime Friday unless I feel sleep is not as important as posting the good stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #78 of 87
This is fantastic! Can't wait to see what comes of it. Congrats! There are some great questions here too.

Jul 27, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #79 of 87
Thank you Zanth!!!
Thank you John for your stellar line of products and for taking the time.

Garrett

Jul 27, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #80 of 87
I definitely look forward to reading your interview, Zanth!

I can't imagine how excited and, yet, nervous you must be.
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #81 of 87
(raises hand frantically, been in CubeLand for a long time)

do the folks who voice the phones have their hearing calibrated?
if so, what's the curve look like?
if not, how come?

Jul 28, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #82 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert
(raises hand frantically, been in CubeLand for a long time)

do the folks who voice the phones have their hearing calibrated?
if so, what's the curve look like?
if not, how come?

Wouldn't matter because they base their decisions on what they hear and what they like.

Jul 28, 2005 at 1:59 AM Post #83 of 87
Excellent! Can't wait to hear the results. This should give us plenty to talk about and ball over for a while.
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 5:22 AM Post #84 of 87
[size=medium]Please Please ask what are the Specific differences with the Alessandro.[/size]

There are so many opinions here of what the Alessandro does different from their Grado counterparts, some say its got more extended and softer highs etc, others don’t agree. I would like to get a definite list of differences from the Man himself so that I can make a more educated purchase.

1. What are the [size=x-large]Quantifiable, Tangible Differences[/size] between the Alessandro & Grado? How do you say it’s more Analytical and if so is it better or for the worse? How & Why is it sounding different? Does it take you from the stage to a few rows behind?

Get all the differences possible and what it does to the sound without revealing any factory secrets.

This will be a great help, because as a Grado fan, I would be able to make a more accurate decision as to what to buy in the future based on the difference between them. Instead of all the diverse user opinions around here, we will have some solid Quantifiable differences.

Jul 28, 2005 at 6:26 AM Post #85 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral_Mamba
[size=medium]Please Please ask what are the Specific differences with the Alessandro.[/size]

1. What are the [size=x-large]Quantifiable, Tangible Differences[/size] between the Alessandro & Grado? How do you say it’s more Analytical and if so is it better or for the worse? How & Why is it sounding different? Does it take you from the stage to a few rows behind?

I really think that's quite offensive..

This question has been answered time and time again..

Simply the Alessandro diaphrams have been de-stressed - To me this means they have a slightly more laid back sound and don't emphasise the mid/high end as much.

Jul 28, 2005 at 8:28 AM Post #86 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
I will be speaking with John tomorrow morning, I will post and for a time, sticky the interview in the headphones section. The new thread should be up sometime Friday unless I feel sleep is not as important as posting the good stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for this
biggrin.gif

It's going to be interesting to hear his replies.

Jul 28, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #87 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazper
I really think that's quite offensive..

This question has been answered time and time again..

Simply the Alessandro diaphrams have been de-stressed - To me this means they have a slightly more laid back sound and don't emphasise the mid/high end as much.

The Grado drivers are also de-stressed, from the SR125 up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back