Joggers: V-Moda M-80 Crossfade vs Sennheiser HD25-IIs
Aug 20, 2012 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

pastuch

New Head-Fier
I regularly run with my headphones. IEMs are horribly uncomfortable for me. I sweat a lot. I had the HD-25s for over a year and they were great but they were recently stolen. I really enjoyed the clarity of them but found the soundstage a little lacking and I wanted a bit more bass. 

Would the M-80 be a suitable can for Joggers/runners? Will it hold up to huge amounts of sweat the way the HD-25s can?

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 17
The M-80s fit on your head while jogging and do have nicer soundstage than the HD-25s.  But they do have a cloth headband, which might get stinky over time with sweat...you could probably wash it, but it's not 100% ideal.

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 17
I can't believe you would take either for jogging (where you admittedly sweat a lot). This seems really over-the-top to me. Have you considered a pair of headphones with the behind the hand band support? This keeps them from falling out. I tested out a few pairs and ended up with the PMX680's from Sennheiser/Adidas. They work great. The only con (and this is major), is the cord length is not optimal. They are relatively cheap, at $43.

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:
I can't believe you would take either for jogging (where you admittedly sweat a lot). This seems really over-the-top to me. Have you considered a pair of headphones with the behind the hand band support? This keeps them from falling out. I tested out a few pairs and ended up with the PMX680's from Sennheiser/Adidas. They work great. The only con (and this is major), is the cord length is not optimal. They are relatively cheap, at $43.

Heh, this is HeadFi isn't it? The HD25s don't have any cloth and are more or less bomb proof for sports. They also have a solid clamp and sound terrific. I just want something that sounds even better. :wink:

Aug 20, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:
Soundstage isn't exactly an M-80 expertise.  If that's what you're looking for, you may need to look elsewhere.

The M-80 is still better than the HD-25s in that regard though.  Aren't gonna find any portable headphones you can jog with that are much better.
Quote:
AKG K70X, AKG K1000, Sony SA5000, Audio Technica ATH-AD2000, Sennheiser HD800....

lol no

Aug 20, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Yes they do! 
wink.gif
tongue.gif

OP wants to go running with studio headphones on -  so why not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back