JMoney Audio - Headbands and Cables for kids! Please visit last page!
Nov 7, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #361 of 542
I'll def grab some Denon and Grado pads....

Nov 7, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #362 of 542
Hey guys,
Haven't forgotten about this thread. I'm working to complete the orders so please hang tight. HeadRoom has released a JMoney letter to all customers who have existing back-orders.

Also, would like to make an update to our policy:

Due to mail delivery inconsistencies, customers from the Philippines will be required to pay for EMS shipping with tracking and full insurance if they choose to order a JMoney Audio product. There will be no exceptions to this policy.

Thanks

Nov 7, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #363 of 542
Can we place our orders now from you Jeremy?

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #366 of 542
Shipping to HeadRoom today. So, all those backorders will be filled. Purchase from me directly will be available in the next few days.

Just a note about the V2 pads. There is going to have to be a longer period of break-in for these. These were designed to be the last pads you ever need. I sell replacement earpads that I hope are the LAST replacement pads you ever buy, you shouldn't need to replace earpads like every few months. This is simply not where you should spend your money.

I'm been listening to your thoughts and for the V2, I put the "fun" back into the music, more bass than the V1 for sure. So basically they have the fun factor of the old pads with added sound stage, reduce muddy bass, reduce sibilance, add instrument separation.

However, please note that when you receive them, they will look and feel stiff due to our chosen materials. However, break in will begin the moment you first wear them. Combined with natural oils of your head, oxidation due to the air, as well as by following the instructions that I will be showing through a video, you should be on your way to one of the finest pads that I have made. Please make a note on this as with my previous pads, I never made break-in an important point. As the pads break in, a change in sound characteristic will be apparent...this is the sound we want. The pads will not sound as designed at the get-go.

Thanks for your patience for these pads.

Jeremy

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #369 of 542
This is why I love head-fi, it's such a dark art, when something as simple as pads can make such a huge difference... not just in comfort but in sound too. Unfortunately I dont' seem to have any cans that jmoney can service for me.

I can't quite justify breaking apart my grado's to remove the stock leather headband for one of his, but I might just do that for my girlfriend's to increase her comfort.

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #371 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by ical /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It worth breaking apart the Grado to replace it's headband to JMA version 3 just for it's comfort alone.

Stock leather headband is comfy for me, on sr325i. The plastic one on SR80's is crappy though.

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #372 of 542
Trust me, stock comfort is far from it. I never have problem with stock until I tried JMA headband which reminds me of my old D7000 "pillow" headband. I replaced rest of my Grado with it the next day.

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #373 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stock leather headband is comfy for me, on sr325i. The plastic one on SR80's is crappy though.

Personally I would never replace a Grado leather band with one of these. The cheap plastic bands on the 225s and below, that's a different matter. However, the argument could be made on those that the band matches the cups.
wink.gif

I believe that 99% of these are bought for Styilin' purposes. Plastic Grados are so light that the band is not uncomfortable on them. 325 and heavier need a wide band IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back