JMoney Audio - Headbands and Cables for kids! Please visit last page!
Nov 21, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #391 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can either order direct through me or through HeadRoom for the V2 Denon Pads

The V1 pads can still be ordered through Aron at Stereo Electronics in Singapore

For Korean customers, you can order from headphile.co.kr, also for the V1.

thanks

Nice! PM sent!

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #394 of 542
Got mine today. Taking off the original pads were a bit of a struggle, but I managed to get them.

So far I am liking them, definitely helped project the sound more to the front. Jury is out on other sonic changes as I just ripped my old ones off as soon as i get home.

Pads are a little stiff, but not to the point of being uncomfortable. Looking forward to the break-in video.

Nov 25, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #395 of 542
sorry guys, break in video soon....

Been VERY busy with life outside the headphone world. Thought that stress would be gone after shipping off the Denon pads...but NOPE...lol

Keep an eye for this thread.

Nov 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #396 of 542
I ordered my Denon V2s on Sunday from Headroom and they shipped on monday and arrived Wednesday here in Sweden. Shipping cost 35$ but at least I got them quick!

My impressions so far are overwhelmingly positive since they seem to have fixed all the issues I had with the headphones. I markl modded mine a few months ago and my experience of the markl mod was that it didn't change the balance of the sound unless you did the pad mod and that it only made the sound tighter. With the pad mod the bass decreased and the highs became very sibilant in badly mixed songs and without the pad mod the overall sound was very in your face and the highs still had a slight edge to them at times.

So with the markl mod and jmoney pads any hint of the highs ever being sibilant or grating is gone and the bass doesn't decrease even when the ears move away from the drivers. Comfort is fantastic and the pads smell like the inside of my boss's BMW (which is a good thing).

I'm actually a bit amazed that the AH-D5000 are able to sound this good since I never imagined that the issues with the treble could be eliminated like this without any noticable downsides. The improvement in the soundstage is nice, especially the center of the sound which is considerably more solid and distinct from left and right than with either the unmodded stock pads or the markl variant. Also the bass is still very prominent and makes pretty much everything sound good, but it's still not too much to ever sound boomy. It's just the most perfect balance that I've heard so far in any headphones and I own a whole bunch of them. They're most similar to the Beyerdynamic DT 150 now except in an entirely different league in comfort and definition.

Dec 1, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #398 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
waiting for the grado pads~~ grado headphones are easily the best and most uncomfortable headphones on the market today, a bad combination.

Very, very debateable (the "best" part).

Although they are nice.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #400 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very, very debateable (the "best" part).

Although they are nice.

I definitely prefer them, but I don't have comfort issues. G cushions and a leather headband make them so nice. But then again I got a leather band stock.
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #403 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^
I gave up on them and sold off my Grados.
frown.gif

sorry Doug, been so busy with so many things like HeadRoom orders and all that. One man team - can only do so much at a time. Still working on various new products. The rod locks are still being designed because I am trying to figure out how to incorporate another product with it so I don't want to rush this.

Pads - still designing - difficult to make a good pad for Grados. Have tried different things and the sound is still off

V2 headbands? - already released long time ago, there is actually a V3 now for Grados.

My site is down, don't know why, don't know how to fix it...please email me for orders at mail @ jmoneyaudio.com

PM box full for now, please email me instead.

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #404 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry Doug, been so busy with so many things like HeadRoom orders and all that. One man team - can only do so much at a time. Still working on various new products. The rod locks are still being designed because I am trying to figure out how to incorporate another product with it so I don't want to rush this.

Pads - still designing - difficult to make a good pad for Grados. Have tried different things and the sound is still off

V2 headbands? - already released long time ago, there is actually a V3 now for Grados.

My site is down, don't know why, don't know how to fix it...please email me for orders at mail @ jmoneyaudio.com

PM box full for now, please email me instead.

No worries Jeremy. I picked up some Beyers so I will be placing an order for some Beyer pads soon. Will also purchase a set of pads for my HD580 when you get those done too.
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #405 of 542
Thanks for your continued support. Beyer pads are going to be TOTALLY different as the V1s are gone and probably won't be made anymore. New version is a secret so don't ask...lol.

Are you on the list for the HD pads? I'll probably make some extras just in case. It'll probably be a velour/leather combo. Like velour sides and leather top for durability but hopefully it won't kill the sound too much. I was feeling that a full leather option probably wasn't going to be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back