JH5 Pro vs. JH7 Pro
Apr 22, 2010 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kellen

New Head-Fier
I have a question about JH audio's JH5s vs. JH7s,

Just looking at the specs, the JH5s have an input sensitivity of 119dB @ 1mW and the JH7s have an input sensitivity of 124dB@ 1mW. The 7s do have dual low drivers vs the 5s single. SO the question is, having not actually listened to either, which would have superior bass? And this may just come down to personal preference, actually I'm sure it would, but it's an interesting question.

Also on a side note, the JH 10 x3 has a low, mid and high and is 799$. The JH 10 is also 799 but it only has dual lows and a single high. Wouldn't it make sense to go for the three separate drivers for the same price? I guess it again comes down to personal preference?

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 4
when I listened to the demo units, the JH7's were better in every respect to the JH5's. The JH7's are simply awsome and share a fairly similar signature to 10X3's and 13's, there is just less refinment, soundstage detail and imaging (I found the soundstage to be rather small). But they are a remarkable IEM and the bass is better than the JH5's.

The 10X3 is completely different sounding to the 10's. The 10's are extremely flat, the bass is very unpronounced and has hardly any impact.
As JH Audio say
Quote:

No bass boost, just a natural flat bass response. Not right for live performers, but audiophiles love its neutral sound. Call it the Switzerland of IEM’s

Aug 21, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 4
Has anyone else had a chance to compare these two lower level JHAudio IEMs?   

I am contemplating jumping into the custom-molded IEM scene, and I'm curious about the differences.  I'm leaning towards the JH5s as a first step, but could be talked up to the 7s if there was a compelling difference.

Having never had custom molded IEMs, I'm reticent to jump up to 10s/13s straight away... 

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 4

Bumped for more information.  Anyone care to chime in here?  Who owns the JH7?

Quote:
Has anyone else had a chance to compare these two lower level JHAudio IEMs?   

I am contemplating jumping into the custom-molded IEM scene, and I'm curious about the differences.  I'm leaning towards the JH5s as a first step, but could be talked up to the 7s if there was a compelling difference.

Having never had custom molded IEMs, I'm reticent to jump up to 10s/13s straight away... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back