JH13/JH16 "Order waiting" thread
Jun 16, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #61 of 137

Quote:
midoo1990 I think you're to be commended for showing us the real you. It makes it so much easier for me to make note never to conduct any business transaction with you. Many times you never find out what an unrealistic customer is like until it's too late.

FWIW I think JH Audio has great service, and I not only find them completely trustworthy, but very likable people as well. God forbid we ever have another war like WWII, where we Americans have to sacrifice a few comforts to further the cause.  

I personally believe this is not irrelevant to the topic at hand here. And by all means this is not an American forum. As much as I respect the people here, and no matter how prolific you may be, mentioning something sensitive as this is plain childish. I don't see any link whatsoever between JH audio and WWII, and I am sure many will come to understand that you are the one flaming here, not midoo1990.

Jun 16, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #62 of 137
My point, obviously lost on you, is that we are becoming unwilling to have patience for anything anymore. Yes the world has become a much faster place, but I hardly think that allowing for time to properly build a pair of IEMs is anything we can't find our way to do. If not, maybe some of the over the counter IEM offerings would be a better choice for those that simply must have it now.

Jun 16, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #63 of 137
^ If that's your point, then I apologize. But other people might misunderstand your point. With all due respect, the mentioning of war was unneeded. If you'd get my point. And I do agree with you that people have become impatient over time. But if it's a trend in a society, even as part of society not much we do on our parts can change it. 

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #64 of 137
I brought up WWII because it was a time when people were willing to do without items for the war effort. You just don't see that kind of willingness to sacrifice today. I have no desire for war or talk of war itself. And I didn't intend to state that the Forum was an American entity. I stated "we Americans" because I often feel it is us that are least willing to be patient in many cases. I realize this forum consist of members from all over the globe, and we're a better forum for it.

I met the JH Audio crew at CanJam and was very impressed with them. I just don't think it's justified to call their customer service into question if only for the necessary time it takes to correctly build a unit inside of a properly fitting custom ear piece. I imagine they're swamped with orders after CanJam, and I for one think that getting it right the first time is infinitely better than two or more return adjustments. His point about not receiving replies to his inquiries is entirely another matter, but then again as I mentioned they are most likely swamped at the moment, so a little patience may be required for a custom product as theirs.

Jun 25, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #68 of 137
Just ordered:

Order Number: 1772
Date Ordered: Friday 25 June, 2010

1 x
JH16 Pro 
Shell color Muddy Water Blue
Shell opacity Translucent
Cord color Clear
Cord length 48''

I asked for a really solid translucent ~ 80%.

I wonder how long I can hold my breath...

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #69 of 137

It arrived!

JH16 Pro

Order Number: 1647
Date Ordered: 2010/05/18

Ear Molds Received: 2010/05/26 [From CA]
In-Lab : [Wasn't updated. But got e-mail from Jaime (6/16) saying it would be going in by the end of the week.]
Ship Date: 6/22 notification from UPS.
Delivery Date: Today! (6/29)

Initial thoughts:
No pics yet. A good effort from Adam on the artwork, but the edges are very pixelated.
Perfect fit? It's very comfortable, getting a good enough seal to pass the "Sensaphonic / Seal Test" ( <-- From other fellow head-fi'er, here and here. Thanks! )
(Both tracks! Had trouble getting good results with the simultaneous track using RE0's + Comply Tips)
Cable plugs into the IEMs cleanly, no gaps! (Well...maybe 0.5 mm or so....if you're picky.)
First custom, so I don't know if it's because it's a custom or if it's because they're 'the' JH16Pro's but I can't skip tracks without thinking twice anymore. T___T

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #71 of 137
Order number 1795
Date Ordered: Monday July 5th, 2010
Ear Molds received Thursday July 8th, 2010

1X Jh16 Pro
Shell: Black Eye Blue
Opacity: Translucent
Cord: 48" black

Waiting: Tough

Jul 9, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #72 of 137
Order number 1804
Date Ordered: July 8th, 2010
Ear Molds ent July 8th, 2010

1X Jh16 Pro
Shell: Deadwood
Opacity: Solid
Cord: 64" clear

They seem to have caugh up with the amount of orders, I was expecting to wait about a month but they posted this on their facebook page :)

Quote:
JH Audio
Hi Einat, Turnaround 5-10 business days from when we receive your impressions!

Jul 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #73 of 137
I read that as well, but I do not want to get my hopes up

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #74 of 137
Recieved mine today!

Order Number: 1772
Date Ordered: Friday 25 June, 2010
Earmolds Received: July 1
Shipped: July 7
Popped in my ears: July 12

Listening now straight out of my macpro into a supermicro iv and loving em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back