JH13/JH16 "Order waiting" thread
Jun 9, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #32 of 137
Product: JH16
Order Date: 5/6/2010
Earmolds Received On: 5/14/2010
Current Status: Earmolds Received
Order#: 1591

I emailed for status last week and received a reply back today stating that my order will go into the lab on Friday, 6/11.

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #33 of 137
They need to delete the 5 day turn around statement from their website.  I wouldn't have sold my other headphones had I known and this process would be a lot less annoying.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #34 of 137
Product: JH16
Order Date: 5/10/2010
Earmolds Received On: 5/18/2010
Current Status: Earmolds Received
Order#: 1605

Jamie said my order might be able to get into the Lab this week.

Jun 10, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #37 of 137
well good news....i think. after i sent my rant email, Jaime replied back to me and said that the jh13 should take two weeks to make after receiving the impressions.
As for the update on my account,she said she couldnt find my impressions and asked me if i wrote on it different last name.
Apparently the fedex clerk wrote my middle name as my last name,thats why there was a confusion.
its a lame excuse because i am the first one in my country to order the jh13 and i left a note of that in my order beside my first name is not common in the orders that jh audio takes
wink_face.gif

anyway,i am not holding my breath for that two weeks time frame given that others were let down by the deadline to receive their package.

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #38 of 137
Shipped from Florida to Vancouver in under 24hrs... UPS is so much better then Canada Post.  I guess there are some things Americans do better then Canadian.... 1) IEM creation 2) delivering post

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #39 of 137
/me chokes, turns blue, falls over
You're actually saying UPS is better than Canada Post!?! I guess you haven't had the infamous $50 brokerage fee on a $50 item experience yet. It'll happen one day, don't you worry :) I avoid UPS like the plague unless I'm dealing with a company like Newegg that sorts out all of that for you so you don't get taxed twice. And the only one I know of is Newegg.

I'm actually more than happy with Canada Post. In any case, if something were to come to you via normal mail from the US, 95% of the journey would be in the US with USPS since you're in Vancouver. Also remember that UPS is a courier, not an everyday government mail service. I have customers in the US that have their packages shipped Small Packet Air (Canada Post) from me, and consistently receive their packages in 5 business days, for $6.94. Xpresspost (Priority in the US) is guaranteed 3-5 days generally, but at over double the price, usually triple.

My best post/courier experience was with TNT. I had two boxes each weighing 8.5kg shipped from Hong Kong to my doorstep in Kamloops, BC in 32 hours. Total cost shipped express? $250. FedEx would have been $250 for only one of those boxes at half the speed.

Not sure what your experiences are, but in any case it's a little unfair to compare the two. And if you haven't had such brokerage fee experiences yet, here's your first cautioning :p

Jun 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #40 of 137

Quote:
i am hugely dissapointed by jh service...hugely! they dont respond to my emails either Brittany or the customer service,there is no update whatsoever and they received my molds 6 days ago and didnt email me of that or updated my account status.
frankly,i just want my money back,i dont like this type of service even if the product is top notch.
Also i am annoyed because they didnt tell me before i ordered that jh13 will be delayed as jh16.i thought that the drivers delay was for the 16 thus i purchased the 13 because of the wait time.

If they are at mess right now because of the huge amount of orders,why didnt they say this at their site?why didnt they say it will take more than 5 days to make the iems after receiving the impressions?

i said my rant.

Due to the volcano eruption it backed up JH16 Pro orders 'before' you. Now that JH Audio has finally received the JH16 Pro's component shipment they are completed the tons of orders 'before' you. So this is why you're experiencing delays on a different model. You need to realize, at this level of quality and customization, it won't be built overnight. Look at the Bugatti Veyron for instance. It takes 3 months for them to build the car after requested.

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #41 of 137
I agree that ups are rippoffs and their business should be closed for their startling brokerage fees.I once ordered a package from headroom for $320 and I paid $100 as brokarage fees by ups. Also when I anted to ship my k701 to the US,they said it will cost $200!!!!
Luckly I am sending the jh13 to another country which I don't have to pay any customs or fees.let's just hope jh audio ships it before I leave that country after 3 weeks.

Jun 11, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #42 of 137

Quote:
well good news....i think. after i sent my rant email, Jaime replied back to me and said that the jh13 should take two weeks to make after receiving the impressions.
As for the update on my account,she said she couldnt find my impressions and asked me if i wrote on it different last name.
Apparently the fedex clerk wrote my middle name as my last name,thats why there was a confusion.
its a lame excuse because i am the first one in my country to order the jh13 and i left a note of that in my order beside my first name is not common in the orders that jh audio takes
wink_face.gif

anyway,i am not holding my breath for that two weeks time frame given that others were let down by the deadline to receive their package.

Dude, do yourself a favor and relax.  Enjoy the anticipation.  JHA isn't a sweatshop, nor do they have an assembly line.  I have waited almost 3 months from pre-order/molds-received until I got my JH16s.  These are individually created, hand-built, custom products, more so if you requested custom artwork.

They will build, ship and stand by their products more so than any other vendor in the industry I've seen, perhaps with the exception of Apple.  And this is a small business doing the best they can without the logistics and resources of a large company.

If it makes you feel any better, Jerry Harvey himself still doesn't have his own JH16 Pros, nor do any of the JHA employees, because they give priority to paying customers first.

Jun 11, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #43 of 137

Quote:
Dude, do yourself a favor and relax.  Enjoy the anticipation.  JHA isn't a sweatshop, nor do they have an assembly line.  I have waited almost 3 months from pre-order/molds-received until I got my JH16s.  These are individually created, hand-built, custom products, more so if you requested custom artwork.

They will build, ship and stand by their products more so than any other vendor in the industry I've seen, perhaps with the exception of Apple.  And this is a small business doing the best they can without the logistics and resources of a large company.

If it makes you feel any better, Jerry Harvey himself still doesn't have his own JH16 Pros, nor do any of the JHA employees, because they give priority to paying customers first.

He doesn't? Jerry told me he mixes with the JH13 and JH16 Pro but prefers the JH16 Pro's bottom end.

Jun 11, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #44 of 137
^^what anticipation do you want me to enjoy?do you find it satisfying waiting for a product to be assembled??if thats the case,then you are one of a kind.

if its a hardwork as you say and take alot of time to make,then why did they say on their website it takes 5 days to make?why didnt they say it will take 2 weeks or a month to make even if it is due to the delay of drivers?
feel free to wait three month for a product to be made,but for me as i said before its ridiculous to wait for a product that much and its not an "impatient" issue,its the concept itself.
what really bothers me is the lack of communication which i find it as important as the product itself.

lets stop this argument and wait to see what happens,i dont want to discuss this anymore.

Jun 11, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #45 of 137
"[size=11pt]Your order is in the lab now and should ship next week."[/size]

[size=11pt]Received that email last sunday, still waiting..[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back