JH13/JH16 "Order waiting" thread
Jul 28, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #91 of 137
Koonhua90. I am not sure if JH Audio will send you a mock up of your art work with out a request. I know they can be a bit slow to answer questions through E-mail, but I have had great luck talking with them on the phone, and on the JH Audio Facebook page.

I have two pending orders with them and JH Audio thought one might go to the lab yesterday, but I did not get an e-mail saying it was in the lab. My orders were placed two weeks apart and my order numbers are 60 orders apart so they were busy in those two weeks. So that might explain why my order has not made it to the lab yet.

Axionkt: I am glad UPS found and delivered your order today. I have never owned IEM's before but from the posting I have read here and on other places people say that unless the fit is painful to give your ears a couple of days to get use to the fit. I look forward to reading your impressions on the other thread..but words like breathtaking get me even more excited for when Brown shows up with mine!

I am also worried about my fit as the Audiologist say I have strange shaped ear canals.

Jul 28, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #92 of 137

Quote:

Mine has been in the lab since 27/7 (yesterday). Hopefully I will get a mock up of the artwork soon. Do you guys need to specifically request for it or they will send it to you?

I certainly do hope that you will get yours soon. 

its too late now i think to recquest a mock up.i recquested my mock up immediatly after i submitted my order.

Jul 30, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #93 of 137
Not sure if this really fits with the "order waiting" thread, but on July 8th JH Audio received my JH13s for a remake using new impressions.   I received them back in the mail today, July 29th.  So, roughly three weeks for the remake.  What i don't know is if a remake takes less time than a making a new order from scratch.

Jul 30, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #94 of 137
Orders seem to be on time

Order date:  14 July
Impressions received: 21 July
UPS Notice: 30 July
Received: ........

Jul 31, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #100 of 137

Quote:
Not sure if this really fits with the "order waiting" thread, but on July 8th JH Audio received my JH13s for a remake using new impressions.   I received them back in the mail today, July 29th.  So, roughly three weeks for the remake.  What i don't know is if a remake takes less time than a making a new order from scratch.

A remake with new impressions is essentially a new order so yes, it would take the same time as a new order. A repair/ refit without new impressions would take less time. Usually it takes about a week to a week and a half for a refit.

Jul 31, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #101 of 137

Quote:
Koonhua90. I am not sure if JH Audio will send you a mock up of your art work with out a request. I know they can be a bit slow to answer questions through E-mail, but I have had great luck talking with them on the phone, and on the JH Audio Facebook page.

I have two pending orders with them and JH Audio thought one might go to the lab yesterday, but I did not get an e-mail saying it was in the lab. My orders were placed two weeks apart and my order numbers are 60 orders apart so they were busy in those two weeks. So that might explain why my order has not made it to the lab yet.

Axionkt: I am glad UPS found and delivered your order today. I have never owned IEM's before but from the posting I have read here and on other places people say that unless the fit is painful to give your ears a couple of days to get use to the fit. I look forward to reading your impressions on the other thread..but words like breathtaking get me even more excited for when Brown shows up with mine!

I am also worried about my fit as the Audiologist say I have strange shaped ear canals.

The best way to determine if you have a good fit is to put your IEMs in your ear with no music on and lightly rub your fingers together near your ear. If you can't hear anything then your fit is pretty good. 

Aug 1, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #102 of 137

Quote:
The best way to determine if you have a good fit is to put your IEMs in your ear with no music on and lightly rub your fingers together near your ear. If you can't hear anything then your fit is pretty good. 

Thanks for the advice.
In fact my fit is perfect if I keep my mouth closed I can't hear a low volume conversation even when no music is on. Apart from one IEM being a bit painful when inserting and removing (I'll probably send it back for a slight refit) I'm wondering if it is normal to loose seal when I'm opening my mouth.
One IEM (the not-so comfortable one) is breaking seal almost instantly (smoking a cigarette for eg) loosing all low frequencies and changing the high frequency sound and the other one is loosing the seal when singing (not that I have a great voice anyway :p ) I'm wondering if it is normal behaviour aka should I have only one IEM refit or both). The weird thing is that my audiologist had me take impressions with the mouth wide opened so I thought they would be less comfortable with my mouth closed but a perfect fit with mouth opened (I was actually a bit worried about this but the fit is perfect with a completely closed mouth)

EDIT: Actually, I forgot to mention, the volume on the right ear (the less comfortable one) is lower. :/

Aug 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #103 of 137

Quote:

In fact my fit is perfect if I keep my mouth closed I can't hear a low volume conversation even when no music is on. Apart from one IEM being a bit painful when inserting and removing (I'll probably send it back for a slight refit) I'm wondering if it is normal to loose seal when I'm opening my mouth.
/

No I do not believe the seal should be broken when opening your mouth.

The audiologist who did my molds did not use a block and only had me open my mouth for a a minute or so. I will find out Tuesday when my Pro 16's arrive how my fit and seal are.

Aug 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #104 of 137
Sent my JH16's out for re-fit on the 15th of July, and it's currently on their way home (2nd Day Air). Expecting them on Tuesday! Crossing my fingers that they're perfect now!

Aug 1, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #105 of 137

Quote:

Thanks for the advice.
One IEM (the not-so comfortable one) is breaking seal almost instantly (smoking a cigarette for eg) loosing all low frequencies and changing the high frequency sound and the other one is loosing the seal when singing (not that I have a great voice anyway :p ) I'm wondering if it is normal behaviour aka should I have only one IEM refit or both). The weird thing is that my audiologist had me take impressions with the mouth wide opened so I thought they would be less comfortable with my mouth closed but a perfect fit with mouth opened (I was actually a bit worried about this but the fit is perfect with a completely closed mouth)

EDIT: Actually, I forgot to mention, the volume on the right ear (the less comfortable one) is lower. :/

Your seal should never break under any condition. It's funny that your seal breaks when you open your mouth considering you took the impressions with your mouth open. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back