JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie
Dec 19, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #61 of 182
  I think they saw the price of Noble's Prestige and felt they were leaving (your) money on the table. I don't care how good they sound - that's a stupid amount of dough for universals that pale in comparison to the Prestige looks-wise (those belong in the MOMA). Roxanne owners should totally feel like Jerry is pissing in their Wheaties, especially since most had to wait inordinate amounts of time to get what was pushed as the end-all and be-all JH product for at least 2 years. I generally feel that a price is fair if a person is willing to pay it, but now I'm beginning to be swayed by the other side who see this pricing as both ridiculous and insulting.  

This is slightly off topic, but the Noble Prestige line is just their K10 custom with very, very high quality materials, so SQ wise they are no better than their regular K10 (custom or universal.)  After A/B-ing between the my K10U (with ALO SXC8 cable) and the UniRox with stock cable un-amped with AK120, I can tell you that the K10 has better treble extends than the Roxanne (4-way vs. 3 way crossover).  However, the Roxanne has more impact across it's freq range than the K10 (4-4-4 BAs vs. 2-2-2-2 BAs).  In addition, the K10 is very sensitive and responds very well to amping.  I am very interested to see how the new Layla compares to the K10, especially in terms of bass and treble extensions.

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #62 of 182

I am very interested to see how the new Layla compares to the K10, especially in terms of bass and treble extensions.

Same here.  
etysmile.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #63 of 182
Are these universal only? If so, I wouldn't consider them to even be in the same category as the custom Roxanne.

Of course they may announce the custom after I say that... :D

Either way they just went to the price point that I won't be going to...

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #64 of 182
  I think they saw the price of Noble's Prestige and felt they were leaving (your) money on the table. I don't care how good they sound - that's a stupid amount of dough for universals that pale in comparison to the Prestige looks-wise (those belong in the MOMA). Roxanne owners should totally feel like Jerry is pissing in their Wheaties, especially since most had to wait inordinate amounts of time to get what was pushed as the end-all and be-all JH product for at least 2 years. I generally feel that a price is fair if a person is willing to pay it, but now I'm beginning to be swayed by the other side who see this pricing as both ridiculous and insulting.  

Agree.  We were told repeatedly that the Roxanne would be the flagship for a couple of years.  To release this new model this quickly and jack the price up over the current flagship by 2/3 is just a slap in the face to their existing customers.  I would LOVE to hear their justification for the price increase over the Roxannes.  I understand JHA is a business and businesses have to make money, but there is a difference between charging a fair price and just trying to fleece your customers.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #65 of 182
I just simply feel bad/_\
Agree.  We were told repeatedly that the Roxanne would be the flagship for a couple of years.  To release this new model this quickly and jack the price up over the current flagship by 2/3 is just a slap in the face to their existing customers.  I would LOVE to hear their justification for the price increase over the Roxannes.  I understand JHA is a business and businesses have to make money, but there is a difference between charging a fair price and just trying to fleece your customers.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #66 of 182
Are these universal only? If so, I wouldn't consider them to even be in the same category as the custom Roxanne.

Nope, there will be both universal and custom versions.  The universals should be available at the end of the month, with customs following in Q1 2015.  Pricing on the customs are TBD though.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #67 of 182
Nope, there will be both universal and custom versions.  The universals should be available at the end of the month, with customs following in Q1 2015.  Pricing on the customs are TBD though.

Warren, when you get the review samples, can you guys post pics of both universals in the ear, so we can see how tubby these are?

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #68 of 182

Warren, when you get the review samples, can you guys post pics of both universals in the ear, so we can see how tubby these are?

Will do.  Is there a third unit I should do the same with for comparison purposes?  Noble 4?  1P2?

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #70 of 182

That...but I now know better than to expect any better from JH.

What they basically did was:
  1. Tell everybody they had a new series, and that the flagship for this series was and would remain the Roxannes
  2. Made everybody wait 10 months to get delivery of their Roxannes
  3. Waited 3 months and released a twice as expensive flagship

And now reviewers are telling us the new flagship wipes the floor with the previous flagship, and everyone thinks it's normal. Man  how JH and AK have tamed us.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #71 of 182

Will do.  Is there a third unit I should do the same with for comparison purposes?  Noble 4?  1P2?

Both of those would be good comparisons I think. Particularly the 1+2; it's about my limit on larger sized uni's.

Okay, gotcha.  I'll do tripod shots so that I can minimize size/distance/angle variances.  
smile.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #72 of 182
Really hate this company, they have the worst customer service of all time, and now this ridiculous pricing. I bought one time a JHA product, it was a mess with multiple fiting issues, did the opposite of what I asked for the refit several time, ignoring half of my e-mail, lied to me several time about the delay. I saw the ridiculous debacle with the Roxanne (I know a guy it's more than a year he is waiting for his roxanne, he is still waiting!!!). I don't understand why they are still doing business, to me JHA is a joke. There is so many great companies to deal with, why bother with those guys?

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #73 of 182
  Really hate this company, they have the worst customer service of all time, and now this ridiculous pricing. I bought one time a JHA product, it was a mess with multiple fiting issues, did the opposite of what I asked for the refit several time, ignoring half of my e-mail, lied to me several time about the delay. I saw the ridiculous debacle with the Roxanne (I know a guy it's more than a year he is waiting for his roxanne, he is still waiting!!!). I don't understand why they are still doing business, to me JHA is a joke. There is so many great company to deal with, why bother with those guys?

What goes around comes around.

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #74 of 182

Users who are viewing this thread

Back