JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie
Dec 19, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #47 of 182
I think they are testing the market to see how much people will pay. Same amount of drivers as Roxannes but charging way more $. That will be a nice profit margin for them.

Well the metal bits are apparently hand torched, so I guess that would justify the $1000 price jump. 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #49 of 182
Well, I'm looking forward to the custom Layla. In fact, I've just received my Roxanne today, so I'm equal parts excited and annoyed about this revelation.

Still $2,500 for the Layla is very, very expensive.

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #51 of 182
  Alex An, the marketing manager of A&K tell me that the layla sounds quite different from Roxanne, and it has a much wider soundstage, higher sound density. I guess I will wait.

Hmmmm - higher sound density - does that mean I can play more than one song at a time and absorb the meaning of both sets of lyrics at the same time? Nine Inch Nails & Katy Perry? Metallica & Miley Cyrus? Talk about mixed emotions 
eek.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #52 of 182
  for an extra 150$ over the Layla you could buy both Custom Rox and Uni Angie. Let that sink in for a moment

I wonder how much a custom Layla would cost?

I'm sure the Layla would be good, though. 
wink.gif

Hmmmm - higher sound density - does that mean I can play more than one song at a time and absorb the meaning of both sets of lyrics at the same time? Nine Inch Nails & Katy Perry? Metallica & Miley Cyrus? Talk about mixed emotions 
eek.gif

Revolutionary. Looking forward to pairing Nicki Minaj with Bryan Adams. Summer of Anaconda?

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #56 of 182
I think Angie is actually a right move, as for Layla I guess we will have to wait and listen.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #58 of 182
the review on audio360.org blows my mind. But I just bought the cm Roxanne. F__k.

http://www.audio360.org/iems_a0038_jerry_harvey_jh_audio_layla_angie_exclusive_info_early_impressions.php

Thanks, I guess mortgage will have to wait (j/k).

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #59 of 182

the review on audio360.org blows my mind. But I just bought the cm Roxanne. F__k.

http://www.audio360.org/iems_a0038_jerry_harvey_jh_audio_layla_angie_exclusive_info_early_impressions.php

Thanks, I guess mortgage will have to wait (j/k).

There were times when I almost wish I hadn't heard it, lol.  That sound has been haunting me for a couple of months now... and even worse, I couldn't share thoughts and impressions with very many people.  
redface.gif

Now, that said, hold off for just a second.  We're getting both the Layla and Angie in for detailed reviews.  If it turns out that the Angie is excellent for the price, and something that you'd like just as much, that could save you some BIG money.  Or, alternatively, you might find out that you're happy with what you've got.  Or you might lust after the Layla like I do.

Just saying, anything can happen.  
smile.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #60 of 182
I think they saw the price of Noble's Prestige and felt they were leaving (your) money on the table. I don't care how good they sound - that's a stupid amount of dough for universals that pale in comparison to the Prestige looks-wise (those belong in the MOMA). Roxanne owners should totally feel like Jerry is pissing in their Wheaties, especially since most had to wait inordinate amounts of time to get what was pushed as the end-all and be-all JH product for at least 2 years. I generally feel that a price is fair if a person is willing to pay it, but now I'm beginning to be swayed by the other side who see this pricing as both ridiculous and insulting.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back