JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Feb 23, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #1,111 of 1,149
Greetings

I love my JH Audio iems, and I have the Roxanne, Lola and Angie.

But I was always a bit bothered on being limited in trying different cables on my JH Audio iems

So I searched the net until I found out a great company in Singapore called Whyears that makes adapters, which allows you to use any after market cable with your JH Audio iems, and has bass boost implementation

I was skeptical first, as to whether those will work in a positive way or not, especially I wanted them to have bass boost implementation and to be as good as that which is on the original cables

Well I got the adapters few days ago from Whyears

I ordered 2 types of adapters, one to be used with MMCX cables and one with 2 pin cables

In my arsenal I have some of the cables from OC studio called the Monarch, and as well the Orpheus Mk5. Also I bought from Whyears a great 8 core copper cable that sounds amazing and it is simply a great sounding cable with great built.

I am not going to into details how each cable sounds, as the purpose of me writing this, is to help some who would love to take their Jh Audio iems to next level with cable rolling, using their own favorite cables, and that is now possible within a decent cost. Those adapter cost 66 usd, and they work as a charm with any cable I tried, simply plug your cables into those adapters and there you go, you are now enjoying your favorite cables with your favorite JH Audio iems.

The bass boost is very well implemented, simply dial in your preferred bass amount as you do on the original cable, and adjust if you like to levels you desire.

I was waiting for a great option like this since I got into JH Audio iems, as I adore those iems but always felt the stock cables was just ok, and now I can tell you with cable rolling it will certainly take your listening experience using your JH Audio iems to next levels.

Also Whyears offer now a special discount code: spc10off

that you can use at check out to get a 10% discount on your order

Simply put those adapters are so well made, and it allows you cable rolling at a decent cost

Here is the link to the adapters

https://whyears.myshopify.com/products/jh-to-0-782pin

And here is the link to their website

https://whyears.myshopify.com/

Do not forget to check out their great cables which are truly amazing sounding and have a great built quality

20200223_122041.jpg20200223_122114.jpg20200223_122202.jpg20200223_122432.jpg20200223_122440.jpg20200223_121914.jpg20200223_121919.jpg20200223_121919_1.jpg20200223_122150.jpg

Attachments

• 20200223_122150.jpg
    20200223_122150.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #1,112 of 1,149
Also Whyears offer now a special discount code SPC10 that you can use at check out to get a 10% discount on your order

Simply put those adapters are so well made, and it allows you cable rolling at a decent cost

Here is the link to the adapters

https://whyears.myshopify.com/products/jh-to-0-782pin

And here is the link to their website

20200223_121914.jpg
Truly awesome! I wonder if they ship to Canada. Sadly the coupon is invalid :frowning2:

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 26, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #1,113 of 1,149
May 12, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #1,116 of 1,149
I had the Roxanne Aion in my studio for a few days. I took the liberty of making a video about it.

thanks really intriguing, and wonder how it compares sound wise to Roxanne performance series

May 28, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #1,118 of 1,149
Hello everyone. I just recently bought the Roxanne performance and I absolutely love it. Does anyone have thoughts or recommendations on tips for it? Right now I’ve found the comply to be the best, I use the small and ouch it all the way down before I put them in my ears, it allows me to get a deep insertion which helps a lot with how much these stick out of your ears. Problem there is that the comply’s don’t last long. I love these iems so much that I’m willing to deal with that, maybe I should buy stock in comply tips. I would like a silicone that would work, so far of the silicones I’ve tried the bore is either too small and blocks one of the sound nozzles, or they don’t allow me to fit them deep enough. I have a feeling this just may be the concession you have to make to use these... thanks for any help in advance. :)

May 28, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #1,119 of 1,149
Hello everyone. I just recently bought the Roxanne performance and I absolutely love it. Does anyone have thoughts or recommendations on tips for it? Right now I’ve found the comply to be the best, I use the small and ouch it all the way down before I put them in my ears, it allows me to get a deep insertion which helps a lot with how much these stick out of your ears. Problem there is that the comply’s don’t last long. I love these iems so much that I’m willing to deal with that, maybe I should buy stock in comply tips. I would like a silicone that would work, so far of the silicones I’ve tried the bore is either too small and blocks one of the sound nozzles, or they don’t allow me to fit them deep enough. I have a feeling this just may be the concession you have to make to use these... thanks for any help in advance. :)
Radiocalm

For what its worth, and IMO
When I was auditioning the various JH Audio IEM's so I could decide which to buy as a CIEM, you have to use the universals IEM they have on hand to test with.
During my test sessions I happened to have stopped by the Dekoni booth previously and they were giving away samples of their Bullet ear tips, and I had some that fit the Universal JH Audio IEM's better than what JH had in their booth. I was able to get a better seal and they were much more comfortable.
Might want to take a look at their site and reach out to them to see which tips they would recommend, but when I was auditioning the JH Audio line it made a huge difference.

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #1,120 of 1,149
I have had good experience with JH Audio IEM's in the past (custom 16 Pro, original version), and am looking at the Roxanne models, with the variable bass as an attractive feature (I do like big bass for some music!) I see that there are two universal versions currently available, the "regular" Roxanne for around $1599 and the Aeion for $2299 or so. That is a big price difference, especially if the sound signature is very similar. If I decided to go for the older model what would I miss? Is it a matter of comfort, mainly? Did a lot of people complain about the fit and feel of the "plain" Roxannes?

Doug Greenberg, Berkeley, CA

Jul 24, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #1,121 of 1,149
I have had good experience with JH Audio IEM's in the past (custom 16 Pro, original version), and am looking at the Roxanne models, with the variable bass as an attractive feature (I do like big bass for some music!) I see that there are two universal versions currently available, the "regular" Roxanne for around $1599 and the Aeion for $2299 or so. That is a big price difference, especially if the sound signature is very similar. If I decided to go for the older model what would I miss? Is it a matter of comfort, mainly? Did a lot of people complain about the fit and feel of the "plain" Roxannes?

Doug Greenberg, Berkeley, CA
Pretty sure the only thing that's different between the Aion and Performance Series Roxannne is the size of the shell and the cable. Other than that they should sound nearly identical, so yeah it would come down to fit and comfort. What's crazy is you can get custom Roxannes for $400 less than the Aion.

Aug 15, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #1,122 of 1,149
its so strange almost zero info on head fi bout roxanne aion, really strange that a once popular iem, now their new version has no mention at all. Alao i noticed in general not too much talk bout jhaudio on head fi in general for quite some time

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #1,123 of 1,149
its so strange almost zero info on head fi bout roxanne aion, really strange that a once popular iem, now their new version has no mention at all. Alao i noticed in general not too much talk bout jhaudio on head fi in general for quite some time
Yeah, ai notice that too. I think is because they don't spend much in here and don't send free IEMS to big reviewers.

Aug 15, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #1,124 of 1,149

I think the comment preceding this one says a lot of it: you can buy a custom Roxanne for significantly less than the Aion.

Aug 15, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #1,125 of 1,149
I think the comment preceding this one says a lot of it: you can buy a custom Roxanne for significantly less than the Aion.
i prefer to get universal, just curious if a real comparison was done between roxanne aion and roxanne performance series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back