JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #977 of 1,149
Yep, I don't hear any hiss or noise at all. 

May 1, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #978 of 1,149
can anyone tell me how this song sounds on roxanne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep1B_aIFPDE

i have the ifi micro dsd and alo mk3

i want to see if such songs that are not top quality recorded will sound on roxanne

on my shure 846 it sounds like crap 

May 1, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #979 of 1,149
My friend got a Nexus 6, which uses the same 805 CPU as LTE versions of the Note 4.  As Rob found with the Note 4, the Nexus 6 was perfectly silent with the Roxannes.  I was highly impressed with its sound quality.  Superficially, it sounded as technically able as my iPhone 6+, but with a slightly brighter signature.

May 1, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #980 of 1,149

i want to see if such songs that are not top quality recorded will sound on roxanne

I'm just plugging my C. Rox into the laptop to get a feel of the song. I must say this is the fastest song I ever tested on Rox. I've used a budget IEM to listen and it sound like crap. Before that, I was listening using Rox and it handles the song very well. The most apparent is the frequency response and bass. Very fast  and tight. An initial impression. I'm pretty sure Hugo will handle this well too.

I'll let other Rox owners to fill up with a different perspective.

May 2, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #981 of 1,149
  I'm just plugging my C. Rox into the laptop to get a feel of the song. I must say this is the fastest song I ever tested on Rox. I've used a budget IEM to listen and it sound like crap. Before that, I was listening using Rox and it handles the song very well. The most apparent is the frequency response and bass. Very fast  and tight. An initial impression. I'm pretty sure Hugo will handle this well too.

I'll let other Rox owners to fill up with a different perspective.

man r u really able to listen to that song i linked on ur roxanne and not get frustrated with it

as on my shure 846 and ifi micro dsd it sound like an orchestra of crap

really if that song sounds good on raxanne man then i will buy it, hope u can tell me what ur setup,

also can some other roxanne owner tell me what they thing?

the reason i chose this song is because i want to see if listening to poor recording quality can be enjoyed or not, as i mentioned on my shure 846 it sound so so bad with my ifi micro dsd

could the roxanne be a more forgiving iem and thats why u can listen to that song without being totally frustrated

please share more info as this will be a deciding point for my purchase of the roxanne

May 2, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #982 of 1,149
I'll just say that while I had the roxanne and se846 together, some songs did sound better on the roxanne and a few sounded better on the 846. One song sounding better may not mean all songs will. But it'll give you an idea of how a genre might sound. I do like the roxanne more though

May 11, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #983 of 1,149
I've had my Roxanne for just over a month and I was pretty amazed by the sound! I've always hated earphones as they've never fit my ears properly and most of them sounding like crap, I decided to get an IEM not expecting much but I was wrong. The sound stage was big and blew my mind that it was coming from something so small! Of course these are nowhere near the soundstage of my LCD-2 but they definitely do share the similar characteristics. These also can sound dark with one amp and bright with another, but also sound pretty good just coming out of my iPhone 6 Plus but unfortunately, they still don't fit my ears well. I've tried SpinFit, Comply, INAIRS, and many more. I have nothing by myself to blame for having such a weirdly shaped ears :frowning2: should have went with the CIEM version but was scared to dish out $1600+ for something I've never tried before and probably would have had a harder time to resell a CIEM. Still haven't decided if I'm going to keep it or sell it though.

Sep 1, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #984 of 1,149
I have a pair of universal fit Roxanne's that I would like to get made into customs.  It is very difficult for me to get a good fit, but love the sound when I do.   Does anyone know if JH Audio would do that?  What about another company?

Sep 1, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #986 of 1,149

I use my Roxanne's for almost every review I write. Roxanne's are in general, a GREAT metal IEM.

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #987 of 1,149

I contacted JH Audio and they will not convert them into customs????  Not sure why, but that is their response.  Has anyone had experience with InEarz converting these from universal to customs?

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #988 of 1,149
I guess the best way to convert them is to just sell the universal and get customs.  But then they are now selling the angie/layla more.  Roxanne isn't something they want to push since it's 12 drivers like the layla but costs less.  For a marketing perspective it's confusing for less discerning buyers.  

man r u really able to listen to that song i linked on ur roxanne and not get frustrated with it

as on my shure 846 and ifi micro dsd it sound like an orchestra of crap

really if that song sounds good on raxanne man then i will buy it, hope u can tell me what ur setup,

also can some other roxanne owner tell me what they thing?

the reason i chose this song is because i want to see if listening to poor recording quality can be enjoyed or not, as i mentioned on my shure 846 it sound so so bad with my ifi micro dsd

could the roxanne be a more forgiving iem and thats why u can listen to that song without being totally frustrated

please share more info as this will be a deciding point for my purchase of the roxanne

Did you end up getting the Roxanne or what did you get?  This recording is pretty terrible.  Sounds like there is a huge cottonball stuck in my ear canal.  There's no separation of of instruments and vocals and amongst any of them.  Only the bass drum sounds impactful.  It's OK, but Roxanne's don't perform magic and make the song awesome.  Generally the better you go up the chain, the pickier they are about source material.  The SE846 is a good choice for less well done recordings I think.  The default filter is what I usually go with. 

The LCD2.2 is a good choice for lesser recordings, but that's much larger.  Closest I have to that are the SE846's.  

I just got the universal AKR03 Roxanne's.  After some careful listening, they are clearly better than my SE846's.  Soundstage, details etc it's better.  Bass amount can even be equaled by turning up the bass knob.  I think that's a great choice to have.  Compared to my IE800's, they are actually very close.  The bass is closer to equal where I set it (around the default suggested by the manual).  I listened to all via single ended connections through both my Taurus MKii and Denon DA-10.  Listened to all kinds of music from classical to pop.  I think the AKR03's really excel in the separation of the instruments and the micro details (which the IE800 already do but I'm just calling it the delta).  There is just a little bit more.  Initially I thought they were pretty much the same.  After some more listening the differences started to come out.  It's very close but I think the aspect easiest to identify was the difference in soundstage.  I thought the IE800 was great for IEMs soundstage wise, but the AKR03 is easily noticeably better.  That's impressive for me.  Actually a good alternative to replace both of them due to the exceeding qualities and the bass knob satisfies my bass hungry days.  Also more bass tends to make the worse recordings that much more acceptable (to my ears).  

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #989 of 1,149
Am I the only one who actually uses the Roxanne with the bass knobs set to maximum?

And that's not just sometimes -- I leave it there by default. Maybe it's just the kind of music I listen to (electronic)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back