JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
May 1, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #1,011 of 1,149
I ll get the questyle, it will change from the shozy alien that I use for the moment with the roxanne!

May 1, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #1,013 of 1,149
Well, I have the original Roxanne's and the new version. But I'm not going to be doing a detailed review.
I can say the new cables are nice. The earpieces seem to be slightly smaller. The sound is still very good. They seem to be a little brighter/crisper than my old Roxanne's. This may be due to needing to be burned in. We'll see over time.
The new drivers, crossover, and waveguide tubes may also have something to do with it, also.

They nailed the fit, again just like the first time. Liking what I'm hearing so far.

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #1,014 of 1,149
Hi guys,
Jonathan here..new to headfi..

Am really interested to the roxanne dark sig..
Planned to get 2nd hand roxanne from 1 member in headfier..

He is selling for 800 usd for ciem..
I would love to have..but to remold it..it will be a bit tricky as i am living in malaysia..

Any suggestio that i should get the k10 or the se846 or the roxanne ciem..??

Thanks,
Jonathan

Oct 15, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #1,015 of 1,149
Reshelling a carbon-fibre JH Roxanne-I into a universal fit could be a good idea?

I really am not comfortable with deep insertions. I don't mind losing a little SQ/isolation edge that custom fit offers but at the same time I am a lot worried about the housing size of a universal fit. I believe custom Roxanne itself is a big housing affair?

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #1,016 of 1,149
Hi. I have SE846 for more than a year and very like its signature (with that great bass impact). I'm prefer blue filter (balance sound) all the time. Might buy other iem as a second iem but dont want to miss SE846 signature too much. Now my option are Lime Ears Aether (universal) and JH Audio Roxanne (universal). Which one do u think will give me an upgraded sound compares to SE846? Thanks

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #1,017 of 1,149
I just tried the Performance Series Roxanne and I was absolutely blown away.

A combination of the new crossover, a deeper insertion, and SpinFit tips completely eliminated the dark, congested, yet harsh nature of the old Roxanne and imbued it with air, separation, and the most realistic sound I've heard from an IEM.

Now, it still isn't the most neutral IEM in the world, but it is a far cry from its bassy and messy predecessor. The bass is now tight and beautifully organic and natural, the mids are open and the most life-like I've heard, and the treble is perfectly linear and crisp with none of the frequency oddities that turned me off of the first iteration of the Roxanne.

To summarize the new Roxanne's SQ, it is the most studio-monitor-like transducer I've ever heard. Listening to a track makes me feel like I'm the engineer behind the console ready to mix it. It is large (headroom-wise), accurate, and brilliantly faithful.

It is an IEM I can completely trust, and it is the most lethal poison I have ingested in a very, very long time.

Feb 27, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #1,018 of 1,149
Thanks Deezel177 for this impression, i was wondering how the performance series would be a step up or not. At the moment i´m thinking about getting Roxanne II or keeping Angie II. Do you think Roxanne II is much different to performance roxanne? 

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #1,019 of 1,149
  Thanks Deezel177 for this impression, i was wondering how the performance series would be a step up or not. At the moment i´m thinking about getting Roxanne II or keeping Angie II. Do you think Roxanne II is much different to performance roxanne? 

I'm not entirely sure if the FMJ Roxanne II and the Performance Series Roxanne have any sonic differences outside the ear, but the ergonomics of the Performance Series Roxanne allow the IEM to go deeper into the canal, leading to a better seal, and significantly better comfort. I've found the larger FMJ IEMs always feel like they're falling out of the ear, and they don't have the most stable seal because of this as well. I'd highly recommend the Performance Series over the FMJ Roxanne II mostly for ergonomics (because the difference is that large), and the more consistent seal and sound you'll benefit from this as well.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #1,020 of 1,149

Thank you! I thought of a deeper insert when i saw the product pictures with the shells next to each other, with FMJ Angie i feel like the 4 pin connector part is pushing them back outside when i try to insert them deeper. I like their sturdy appearance though.  So your comparison between Performance roxanne and old roxanne wasn't referring to the FMJ one right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back