JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #847 of 1,149
I'd imagine isolation would be much better on Roxannes. I took your first post as a compliment to tralucent, as in they are unique in a good way. Can you explain the differences in the sound between the two? I've always been interested in Roxannes, especially with the adjustable bass pot. Just have read so many mixed things about them.

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #848 of 1,149
I'd imagine isolation would be much better on Roxannes. I took your first post as a compliment to tralucent, as in they are unique in a good way. Can you explain the differences in the sound between the two? I've always been interested in Roxannes, especially with the adjustable bass pot. Just have read so many mixed things about them.
give me more time with the Rox and ask me again please.

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #850 of 1,149
Time does help with the Roxannes. When I originally heard them, they sounded dark and thick. Now they oddly sound bright, the thick sound is rich with detail. I have a completely different impressions of them now. I'm not sure if it was just getting the fit right or getting used to its particular sound. 

I wish the Reference 1 was closer to $1K. I want a universal to compliment my Roxanne's, but I'm not willing to approach $2K for any IEM, personally. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #851 of 1,149
I finally got my Roxannes back and after the 4th refit, the fit is finally good! I am also happy to report these do sound great. Since I just got my 335 I would say they are quite different but in the same family. The Rox are less colored with the bass at 12 though.

Glad to hear that you've finally resolved the fit issues, Mimouille.
smile.gif
 That took a while, but do you think the wait and trouble were worth it (with your initial impressions)?

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #854 of 1,149
I share same sentiment with robm321. When I heard the demo. I thought I hadwasted so much on this. When the Rox landed, the refit issues and initial dark and thick sound made it quite unpleasant experience. After much brain burn in Or iem burn in, the initial impressions have all gone. Its a wonderful listening experience now. It just gets better.

I'm too looking at a universal fit to compliment rox. Its not an easy task if the benchmark is around Roxanne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back