JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread
Jul 20, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #136 of 329

I reckon the JH may not be for Alternative, Rock, Classic rock, Pop, EDM. Considering i'm a basshead looking for other IEMs outside of established ones. By comfort, you mean Westone UIEM comfort?

Rosie is awesome for everything except EDM. Actually it is also good with EDM but there are better options like Earsonics Velvet, Shure 846 or Sennheiser IE800. And by comfort, this is a subjective topic, but when you change the tips, Rosie is the most comfortable IEM I've ever used. There were days I've used Rosie for 18 hours straight without getting any problems.

I must warn, Rosie is getting slower when you turn that bass knob to the end.

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #137 of 329
Rosie is awesome for everything except EDM. Actually it is also good with EDM but there are better options like Earsonics Velvet, Shure 846 or Sennheiser IE800. And by comfort, this is a subjective topic, but when you change the tips, Rosie is the most comfortable IEM I've ever used. There were days I've used Rosie for 18 hours straight without getting any problems.

I must warn, Rosie is getting slower when you turn that bass knob to the end.

Thanks for the heads up. Really appreciated

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #138 of 329

I reckon the JH may not be for Alternative, Rock, Classic rock, Pop, EDM. Considering i'm a basshead looking for other IEMs outside of established ones. By comfort, you mean Westone UIEM comfort?

I listen to prog and classic rock, jazz, acoustic, and vocals so a more neutral FR works for me. As a former musician I do very much like to hear each instrument clearly separated and accurately played to showcase each musicians skill. I think pop and EDM falls more in the "fun" category which I do enjoy from time to time. Typically "fun" means V shaped FR. The most extreme example of this I experienced was the UE TF10. That was a really popular IEM back in the day. You may find the Rosie a little boring for your tastes but I would caution about SE846. The bass is rich and deep like no other IEM, but the treble extension is a bit lacking, even with the white filters. Also pairing SE846 with a good amp/DAC is a bit challenging. Any amp with >1 ohm output impedance can make the SE846 sound like a boomy, muddy mess. Lastly stock SE846 cables are beyond terrible comfort wise if you wear glasses. They have the stiffest ear hooks of any cable I've tried.

I think Noble K10 would be your end game IEM but the cost is substantially more. If you decide to give SE846 a try, definitely purchase from a retailer that has a full refund policy like Crutchfield or Music Direct.

By comfort, I mean you forget that you have IEMs in your ear. It's a perfect combination of pressure versus full seal.

Jul 21, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #139 of 329

I listen to prog and classic rock, jazz, acoustic, and vocals so a more neutral FR works for me. As a former musician I do very much like to hear each instrument clearly separated and accurately played to showcase each musicians skill. I think pop and EDM falls more in the "fun" category which I do enjoy from time to time. Typically "fun" means V shaped FR. The most extreme example of this I experienced was the UE TF10. That was a really popular IEM back in the day. You may find the Rosie a little boring for your tastes but I would caution about SE846. The bass is rich and deep like no other IEM, but the treble extension is a bit lacking, even with the white filters. Also pairing SE846 with a good amp/DAC is a bit challenging. Any amp with >1 ohm output impedance can make the SE846 sound like a boomy, muddy mess. Lastly stock SE846 cables are beyond terrible comfort wise if you wear glasses. They have the stiffest ear hooks of any cable I've tried.

I think Noble K10 would be your end game IEM but the cost is substantially more. If you decide to give SE846 a try, definitely purchase from a retailer that has a full refund policy like Crutchfield or Music Direct.

By comfort, I mean you forget that you have IEMs in your ear. It's a perfect combination of pressure versus full seal.

Thanks for the definitive...
smily_headphones1.gif
  You're the 2nd headfier that mentioned the Nobles and I truly respect that. It was in the basshead thread I curiously inquired 'bout the Dulce, then replied / commented back 'bout the K10. The 846 are epic but unfortunately the downside you've already pointed out and a friend of mine will upgrade from 846 as well (quality issues). FTR, my 1st subterranean bass reference still is "Life's what you make it" 1986 The Colour of spring" - Talk Talk, an unlikely reference other than the normal Massive Attack variety. Yes, Noble K10. Why not. I'll ask around to audition.

Jul 21, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #140 of 329
  I have a lgv10 with viper4android that has .irs files.  I ALWAYS equalize my headphones and test them without equalization.  Therefore my experience will isually be diiferent from most people because I test headphones to the max with different tunings etc....
My iems are:
- audio technica ckr10 ******
- audio technica ath-e70 ***** 
- Angie 2
- Sennheiser ie 80/800
- vmoda zn
- audio technica ckr9
- Sony sealed inner ear receiver XBA-A3 japan import
- got these today (Etymotic Research ER4P-T microPro In Ear Monitors, Black)
- Audio Technica ATH-IM03/IM02 SonicPro Balanced In-Ear Monitor Headphones 
- shure single balanced armature
& more etc........

to my ears so far they just don't sound natural and or very clear with my equaliztion.  When you spend $1000 for headphones, I believe it should be an instant eargasm and one should be forced to keep them because the sound is just too beutiful to give up.   I don't feel that way.

However this is just my taste I'm sure other people's opinion will be different.  

... With the amount you indicated, they should really bring the listener to HI-FI heaven. The expectations are so great that nothing less is expected...

Jul 21, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #141 of 329
Thanks for the definitive... :)   You're the 2nd headfier that mentioned the Nobles and I truly respect that. It was in the basshead thread I curiously inquired 'bout the Dulce, then commented bout the K10. The 846 are epic but unfortunately the downside you've already pointed out and a friend of mine will upgrade from 846 as well (quality issues). FTR, my 1st subterranean bass reference still is "Life's what you make it" 1986 The Colour of spring" - Talk Talk, an unlikely reference other than the normal Massive Attack variety. Yes, Noble K10. Why not. I'll ask around to audition.
i like Noble Django a lot

Jul 21, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #142 of 329
... With the amount you indicated, they should really bring the listener to HI-FI heaven. The expectations are so great that nothing less is expected...

For that yes. On the other hand i have the audio technica ath-e70. 99.99999℅ of the time bad fitting iems are a deal breaker for me I usually send them right back. But the e70 sounds so good that I was forced to keep them and find the right tips. They just fit horribly. However I'm using I believe Sony hybrid tips. They are black on outside and green inside. The sound is beautiful and flat. I believe the new proprietary cable makes the difference. The bass and treble bests the ckr10. The clarity is so clear it's ridiculous. Makes me wonder if triple balanced armatures, one for bass one for mids and one for treble is really the optimal OEM arrangement?

Jul 21, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #143 of 329

Thanks!

I can't use Viper unfortunately because I cannot root my phone to save my life..

I tried at least on 3 separate occasions and I still cannot root my Sony Xperia Z3V. I looked at XDA, youtube videos, other sites and I always get a failed rooting.

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #145 of 329
Quote:*
  Who's your carrier?

Verizon. Also, if you want to continue this conversation we should do so in PM so the thread stays focused on the Rosies haha.

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #146 of 329
Does anyone know where to get more of the silicone tips that are provided? I actually really like them compared to the spinfits (at least on some IEMs).

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #147 of 329
  Does anyone know where to get more of the silicone tips that are provided? I actually really like them compared to the spinfits (at least on some IEMs).

Spinfits are very muddy on Rosies.

This is the weirdest thing but I had a Penon IEM that costs 10$. I've put its tips in the same box that I put the Rosie's stock tips and I still can't tell which one's which. Rosie had the same tips. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #148 of 329

You may want to try Westone Silicon Star Tips. It will not look like they fit the larger nozzle of the JH IEMs, but the holes stretch a lot and will fit with a little effort. I use the green size tips and they work very well for me. Note - only the shallow Startips fit (green and black). Unlike Spinfits, they do not cover any of the bores of the nozzle.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #149 of 329
Hi All,

How is it compare to Westone UMPro 30? Bass? Currently I am using Onkyo DP-X1 with Pro30.

Regards
nobody

Aug 5, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #150 of 329
  Hi All,

How is it compare to Westone UMPro 30? Bass? Currently I am using Onkyo DP-X1 with Pro30.

Regards
nobody

rosie is better in all aspects than the pro 30. 30 is not in the same league imo.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back