JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #106 of 329
  I'm selling the Angie v2 if your interested.  I will give them to you for less than retail and they still have warranty.  I got them brand new last Friday.

I'm selling the Angie v2 if your interested.  I will give them to you for less than retail and they still have warranty.  I got them brand new last Friday.

Hello,
I have Just ordered my JH Angie II and it is on the way but I am little curious why you are selling yours that quick ,you got it last Friday, Is there any concern you would share with me otherwise I can cancel my order
thanks and appreciated 

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #107 of 329
Hello,
I have Just ordered my JH Angie II and it is on the way but I am little curious why you are selling yours that quick ,you got it last Friday, Is there any concern you would share with me otherwise I can cancel my order
thanks and appreciated 

I wouldn't worry too much, Angie is epic with a good source. I need to try the Rosie because I've never heard Metallica better than from the Angie. Bring on CanJam london hehe.

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #108 of 329
I wouldn't worry too much, Angie is epic with a good source. I need to try the Rosie because I've never heard Metallica better than from the Angie. Bring on CanJam london hehe.

I agree that the Angie (v1) to my ears were the best IEM I've ever heard from top to bottom. The sub bass on the SE846 was better by some degree but it's probably one of the best out there period right now for bass. 

I should be getting my Rosie's in this Thursday.. I hope they are better than what I remember the Angie's being. 

My main complaint with the entire JH line was the overly large size and the way too thick cable. Ironically even tho the size is huge the comfort and seal is probably the best and most consistent of any IEM to date I've tried. I could wear it for hours and not feel any pains or discomfort. I'm Hoping the smaller and better build will make it a better IEM for me in the long run. If the Rosie's don't do the trick I'm def gonna see about the Angie's V2 or maybe even the Roxanne V2. 

I had the Layla's for a few months and to my ears they were extremely dark and overly thick sounding. There's no way anyone could seriously consider them "mastering quality". When I hear Harvey talking about how they are the best for mixing and mastering I roll my eyes... That said they are the best most detailed sounding anything I've ever heard. Layers and texture is what those are for. Sweet sweet texture. :p Never could get the top end to be smooth like I want. I like hearing my cymbals being crisp and detailed. 

Anyways, hopefully the smaller profile and lighter cables will do the trick. Might look into aftermarket cables to even further improve the feel (and sound) of them. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #109 of 329
  Hello,
thanks and appreciated 

Just not for me.  Also, I got mine for a discount.  I purchased them from Amazon.  It's still under warranty the one year.  They retail for  $1399, you can have them for $1,199.  Here's a quick vid so you can see them.  I will supply any paperwork or whatever you need (within reason) to verify.

https://goo.gl/photos/poYsYQni6PsDQPMG9

Jun 7, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #110 of 329
@Jazic

Yeah man, I had the 846, beautiful bottom end but hated the top and mids, just sounded artificial. Angie isnt too far away from 846 bass.

Im waiting for my custom Angie to arrive. Custom definately the way to go if you have the money. Rosie is certainly smaller than Angie I. I think the new JH13v2 is the custom version of Rosie.

I suspect Roxanne custom would be my perfect IEM, willtry them in August.

Does depend on source though. My Plenue M gave best sound, better than my mojo tbh.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #111 of 329
Angies to my ears still had a little bit of mid bass thickness. Just enough to notice. Really not enough to make me kit like them. I'm hoping the Rosie is slightly leaner in the mid bass. I love my mids but its more of an upper mid than lower that I prefer... My ears are too damn weird and picky. Love the th900 and th600. Us the 600 needs a slight 8khz drop of about 3db to not be sibilant to my ears. Same with the 900 but not quite so bad.

Jun 9, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #113 of 329
  curious about how the Rosie compares to the SE846..!!!???
which one better for trance and edm music???

If you have any specific songs to compare I could do a comparison between the two. I just got the Rosie's and haven't had a chance to burn them into my brain yet but so far I'm loving their sound sig. 

Rosie's are pretty balanced top to bottom. Highs are clear and not rolled off and seem to extend into beyond my hearing capability which is about 17-18khz. Mids are right where I like them to be. Not overly forward or recessed or V shape sounding. Bass isn't as impactful or slamming as the SE846. Overall sound can be bright or warm depending on the tuning. Personally I'm not afraid of EQ so I just set it to 12 oclock (50%) and use a slight sub bass boost in the 30 and 60hz region for the rumble I like. Soundstage on the Rosie is much wider than the SE846 which to me has a smaller soundstage mostly due to its more forward mids. 

The SE846 has a bass that just rocks. It thunders, rumbles, slams and impacts while being fast as lightning. The mids are more forward than the Rosie so it gives it a more active lively sound in the mids. The highs are more rolled off and give the appearance of being warm but with a slight EQ boost of around 8 and 16khz they can open up and become very similar to the Rosie. 

Like with any IEM it comes down to preference. If you want smaller and more comfy go with the SE846 and EQ. If you don't mind the larger size get the Rosie and still EQ to your liking. Off the shelf tho the Rosie is closer to my preferred sound sig which is almost identical to the Fostex TH900 (but with a -3dB @8Khz and +6dB @30hz EQ). 

I have gotten a very slight hint of sibilance but I think I'm overly sensitive to the 4-8khz region. If it glares even a mild amount it's harsh to me. That said it only really hits me when it's loud and only barely then. 

-----

I was thinking of this explanation when I first put the Rosie's in... 

The SE846 is like a $1000 set of speakers where $800 of that budget went to the subwoofer with cheaper speakers. The bass is amazing and the best feature but the mid and high speakers weren't as nice so they suffer.

The Rosie is a $1000 set of speakers where each piece was the same price. It sounds more rounded top to bottom and not shortcuts were taken. 

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #114 of 329
Some more time with the Rosie's have made me realize and remember when I had my Angie v1's, how picky they are with the song. They don't sound so good with a badly produced/mixed/mastered song vs one that was done well. They either blow your mind or make you go meh.. :p

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #116 of 329
  If rosie really is the universal version of JH13 with bass boost option i might just get it, my JH13 isn't sealing properly anymore for some reason, becomes so thin sounding.. 

sounds similar to jh13 imo

Jul 17, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #118 of 329
  Just got the rosies, not that impressed yet although to me they sound better than angie 2.

can you comment more on the sound/compare to other iems youve heard? 

i am very interested in the rosie, i wonder what the signature is like, debating between this SE846, also wondering how easy it is to drive Rosie straight out of a phone no amp

Jul 17, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #119 of 329
Just got the rosies, not that impressed yet although to me they sound better than angie 2.

May I ask you in which ways the Rosies best the Angie II? I auditioned the Angies 1st Gen. but ultimately decided to return them due to some uneven upper mid/lower treble response. Either that or I'm definitely treble sensitive.

Jul 18, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #120 of 329

can you comment more on the sound/compare to other iems youve heard? 

i am very interested in the rosie, i wonder what the signature is like, debating between this SE846, also wondering how easy it is to drive Rosie straight out of a phone no amp

i was stuck up in the same confusion but finally settled for the 846, often pair them with 6S / 6S+mojo and i really enjoy them! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back