JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread
Aug 5, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #151 of 329
  Hi All,

How is it compare to Westone UMPro 30? Bass? Currently I am using Onkyo DP-X1 with Pro30.

Regards
nobody

If you like the UMPro 30, I would suggest the umPro 50.  I preferred the umpro50 over the Rosie overall.  As far as bass goes, you might want to try the Audio-Technica ath-e70, if your looking for something in the same price range as the umpro 30.  But the bass of the e70 bests the Rosie and the UM Pro 50.  However you will more than likely have to search for the right tips for the e70.

On the other hand, just measuring bass for expensive headphones doesn't really make sense in my opinion.  It seems like you should be looking for a well rounded iem in that price range.  

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #152 of 329

Thanks for the definitive...
smily_headphones1.gif
  You're the 2nd headfier that mentioned the Nobles and I truly respect that. It was in the basshead thread I curiously inquired 'bout the Dulce, then replied / commented back 'bout the K10. The 846 are epic but unfortunately the downside you've already pointed out and a friend of mine will upgrade from 846 as well (quality issues). FTR, my 1st subterranean bass reference still is "Life's what you make it" 1986 The Colour of spring" - Talk Talk, an unlikely reference other than the normal Massive Attack variety. Yes, Noble K10. Why not. I'll ask around to audition.

I would suggest trying the audio-technica ath-e70 if you like bass.  But it's also great for the mids and highs.  However you will have to find the right tips!!! 

Aug 6, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #153 of 329
  If you like the UMPro 30, I would suggest the umPro 50.  I preferred the umpro50 over the Rosie overall.  As far as bass goes, you might want to try the Audio-Technica ath-e70, if your looking for something in the same price range as the umpro 30.  But the bass of the e70 bests the Rosie and the UM Pro 50.  However you will more than likely have to search for the right tips for the e70.

On the other hand, just measuring bass for expensive headphones doesn't really make sense in my opinion.  It seems like you should be looking for a well rounded iem in that price range.  

I try umpro 50 on DP-X1 but I dun like how it sound, sound to be abit blurish( duno how to explain). Jus audit the rosie at the store, Detail and clarity is gd . Bass not that impact as Pro30 , or is it Rosie bass is so call SQ bass aka cleaner bass? I found that DP-x1 quite difficult to drive Rosie , need to crank up to 150 instead of 130 ... Due to 6 driver per side? 

I havent try E70. Maybe I should give a try too.

Aug 6, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #154 of 329
  I try umpro 50 on DP-X1 but I dun like how it sound, sound to be abit blurish( duno how to explain). Jus audit the rosie at the store, Detail and clarity is gd . Bass not that impact as Pro30 , or is it Rosie bass is so call SQ bass aka cleaner bass? I found that DP-x1 quite difficult to drive Rosie , need to crank up to 150 instead of 130 ... Due to 6 driver per side? 

I havent try E70. Maybe I should give a try too.

Yes the E70 is really nice!  However, you will have to find the right tips.  Sony Hybrid tips or the jvc spiral dots or triple flange.  The sound is really good but the fit without the right tips is the worse.  However, the sound makes up for the fit.

1. By the way, have you tried the westone es50 or es60?  
2. How would you compare the rosie to the umpro 30?  
3. I'm assuming that you tried different tips with the umpro 50?
4. Have you tried to install viper4Android on the Dp-x1 if that's possible.  I found viper really brings out the audio quality for the lgv10 at least.  Most people will rate the lgv10 with viper4android to high quality dacs ranging into the thousands of dollars.  

Aug 10, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #155 of 329
I've had my Rosies for just over a week now and listening to Echoes by Pink Floyd today they really struck home for me - loved every part of that 24min.

I have IE80's, InEar StageDriver 2's and Harmony 8 Pro's so the Rosies was a stop gap for me between the SD2's (extremely under rated IEM) and the H8 Pro's. 

However, they hurt my ears like crazy. Last time my ears hurt this much was with an IE80 and the heavy gauge custom cable I bought from Moon.

I've seen earlier in the posts that Westone tips fit and can possibly remedy this situation. Are there any other suggestions? I have to import in any case, so if I'm going that route I'd like another option as back up for ear tips. Don't really want to return them if all else fails, but damn they get uncomfortable on my ears.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #157 of 329
  I've had my Rosies for just over a week now and listening to Echoes by Pink Floyd today they really struck home for me - loved every part of that 24min.

I have IE80's, InEar StageDriver 2's and Harmony 8 Pro's so the Rosies was a stop gap for me between the SD2's (extremely under rated IEM) and the H8 Pro's. 

However, they hurt my ears like crazy. Last time my ears hurt this much was with an IE80 and the heavy gauge custom cable I bought from Moon.

I've seen earlier in the posts that Westone tips fit and can possibly remedy this situation. Are there any other suggestions? I have to import in any case, so if I'm going that route I'd like another option as back up for ear tips. Don't really want to return them if all else fails, but damn they get uncomfortable on my ears.

Thanks in advance.

Ortofon silicone tips are very comfortable to my ears. I had the same issue with the stock ones. I would recommend it.

But I realized that foam tips decreases the treble a little bit.(in a good way)
As foam, Comply Isolation were also a little uncomfortable to my ears. I would look at the Comply Comfort TS-500. I'm guessing and hoping it will work just fine. Unfortunately, in my country Paypal banned. Because of that, I couldn't bought and tried it personally. 
etysmile.gif

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #161 of 329
  hmm, but able to fit it in? Stock tip doesnt fit me well. Foam tip fit well but alot detail like being cover up.

Spinfits will fit on the nozzle of the Rosies. However, the Spinfits are a little longer than most tips because the tips are suppose to flex and twist to your ear canal's angle. But that is also a problem with the Rosies - depending on the angle that the Spinfits shift to your specific ears, it can partially cover up one or more sound bores. It's worth a try for you since everyone's ears are different. In my personal experience with JH Rosie and Layla, I too feel the sound is a bit muddy. However on Noble K10, they sound great.

Aug 12, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #162 of 329
Ortofon silicone tips are very comfortable to my ears. I had the same issue with the stock ones. I would recommend it.

But I realized that foam tips decreases the treble a little bit.(in a good way)
As foam, Comply Isolation were also a little uncomfortable to my ears. I would look at the Comply Comfort TS-500. I'm guessing and hoping it will work just fine. Unfortunately, in my country Paypal banned. Because of that, I couldn't bought and tried it personally. :etysmile:  

can share a pic of your rosie with ortofon tip? thanks

Aug 12, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #163 of 329
Spinfits will fit on the nozzle of the Rosies. However, the Spinfits are a little longer than most tips because the tips are suppose to flex and twist to your ear canal's angle. But that is also a problem with the Rosies - depending on the angle that the Spinfits shift to your specific ears, it can partially cover up one or more sound bores. It's worth a try for you since everyone's ears are different. In my personal experience with JH Rosie and Layla, I too feel the sound is a bit muddy. However on Noble K10, they sound great.

I try out spinfit. it fit well in my ear but the rosie housing was hanging in the air and would drop off anytime due spinfit is longer..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back