JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #183 of 329
happen to discover yesterday. i believe ot should be tight fit... imagine if use comply tip keep changing when the tips fail...

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #185 of 329
Hi all,

Anyone using the Balanced cable ? Or how many of you prefer Balanced over SE for Rosie? I try both SE and Balanced on Onkyo DP-X1 seem like slight improvement... According to one of my friend X1 from SE to Balanced the gap is very small.... Anyone can advise?

Thanks
nobody

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #186 of 329
Hi all,

Anyone using the Balanced cable ? Or how many of you prefer Balanced over SE for Rosie? I try both SE and Balanced on Onkyo DP-X1 seem like slight improvement... According to one of my friend X1 from SE to Balanced the gap is very small.... Anyone can advise?

Thanks
nobody

With DP-X1 definitely the balanced connection is better, its DAP dependent.

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #191 of 329
  So I am correct... I thought it my player or my IEM faulty...

If balanced outputs were able to make a huge difference there wouldn't be unbalanced cables. Balanced would become a standard. It's their marketing strategy. 
smily_headphones1.gif

If you want to change much more, you should temper with output impedance and power. It changes too much. Thanks to iDSD Micro I've tried a lot of combinations. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #192 of 329
  If balanced outputs were able to make a huge difference there wouldn't be unbalanced cables. Balanced would become a standard. It's their marketing strategy. 
smily_headphones1.gif

If you want to change much more, you should temper with output impedance and power. It changes too much. Thanks to iDSD Micro I've tried a lot of combinations. 
biggrin.gif

The thing about balanced outputs is not just a marketing strategy. If you build a device fully balanced, then it can make a noticable difference when compared to SE: Like Opus #1.

But some DAP's are not fully balanced, so the difference is minor.

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #193 of 329
What sort of balanced termination is the extra cable that comes with them? I'm thinking of getting a portable amp/dac with a balanced output in the near future.

I have no experience with balanced headphones/IEMs so is the difference that significant, or is it hyperbole?

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #194 of 329
  What sort of balanced termination is the extra cable that comes with them? I'm thinking of getting a portable amp/dac with a balanced output in the near future.

I have no experience with balanced headphones/IEMs though is the difference that significant, or is it hyperbole?

2.5mm TRRS with the pinout being Astell Kern. Any Astell Kern DAP will work with it as well as Onkyo DP-X1 and the AM3 module of the FIIO. There is a few more, but those are the major ones.

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #195 of 329

2.5mm TRRS with the pinout being Astell Kern. Any Astell Kern DAP will work with it as well as Onkyo DP-X1 and the AM3 module of the FIIO. There is a few more, but those are the major ones.

So there isn't any portable amp/dac with the 2.5mm TRRS output? I love the UI on the PowerAMP app on Android that I've been using for like 4 years on my phones.

No idea if that really gets the full potential or I would have to get a Neutron app or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back