JH Audio Layla vs. JH Audio Roxanne
Mar 24, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #167 of 174
How many hours est. did u listen to your Layla with bro? Did u set the bass tuner at 2 o'clock?
With 2.5mm balanced cable?
2 o'clock? Dont you ever find that a little too much? I tried it recently and felt that it made certain vocals become bloated (bloomy?) Maybe that was track specific. I'll try it again.

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #168 of 174
2 o'clock? Dont you ever find that a little too much? I tried it recently and felt that it made certain vocals become bloated (bloomy?) Maybe that was track specific. I'll try it again.

Layla on 2 o’clock is fine for me. Perhaps my tracks are mostly more to female vocals centric. And most are 80s Singers.

Idk about the myth of ciems’ burning in period of 200hrs, but yes I do feel the bass coming in stronger on day XX as of now, than it was on day 01 when I first hear my Layla. I’m clocking in on average 5hrs a day.

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #169 of 174
Odd, generic question (posted here as I have the Roxanne, which I love). But are CIEMs suposed to have a tune up/MOT? Meaning will the sound degrade due to the jolting, dropping, tubing bloackage etc. I've not seen any info on how sound levels are maintained after years of use....

Be grateful for any insight into this..

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #170 of 174
Odd, generic question (posted here as I have the Roxanne, which I love). But are CIEMs suposed to have a tune up/MOT? Meaning will the sound degrade due to the jolting, dropping, tubing bloackage etc. I've not seen any info on how sound levels are maintained after years of use....

Be grateful for any insight into this..
From what I read around, blockage is the most common issue on IEMs, if you are having noticable changes in sound after a couple years, would be good to get them for service (e.g. vacuum, air dry). It's similar to Hearing Aid issues.

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #171 of 174
How many hours est. did u listen to your Layla with bro? Did u set the bass tuner at 2 o'clock?
With 2.5mm balanced cable?

If you did all those I mentioned above, you’ll gonna have a whole different perspective of the Layla.

Price aside I agree it ain’t cheap. But sound aside for custom Layla, this 12BA ciem is really on a whole new level as compared to so many TOTL iems. I’ve auditioned FiR Audio M5, qdc Anole VX & all the 8 series, Vision Ears Elysium & Erlkonig, 64 Audio Tia Trió & Tia Fourté, Unique Melody Mentor V3+, Jomo Audio Flamenco.

Layla’s mids is the clearest to me. Crinacle’s chart also shows Layla’s upper mids to be very high. And the highs are tuned to be less fatigue as it rolls down at around 5kHz.

Maybe your perception of the Layla is the same as crinacle too as he rated it kinda low (B=) as compared to other TOTL IEMs.
C, not B.

C+JH Audio Layla2725VariableSuppressed upper mids and odd treble tuning. Decent technicalities.C+B12BAJaben Melbourne demo unit

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #172 of 174
Upper mids to low
C, not B.

C+JH Audio Layla2725VariableSuppressed upper mids and odd treble tuning. Decent technicalities.C+B12BAJaben Melbourne demo unit
Highs are completely recessed according to the graphs. But it's still a classic that opened the doors to what we have today in multidrivers IEMs.

Can't wait to receive mine. :)

Mar 28, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #173 of 174
Hopefully this thread is still active and I'm posting this query here in the appropriate place.

I'm think of moving up from the Roxanne's to the 'next level' and had as one of my options the Laylas. But what I'm looking for in my audio (non stage) requirements is a 'reference' set of CIEMs. One consideration is not having the base attenuator (BA) set-up on the CIEMs. But can I find any information on this in more detail? So I wrote to JH Audio in the last few days and didn't get the answers I was looking, just a hastily written note saying if I didn't want the 'attenuator' then simply mention that in the free text field on my order.................................NOPE, that's not going to happen! Yet when I look for further information regarding this,and the new 7 pin connection, the ability to add a 4.4 connection, there seems to be very little info or indeed variance. I can't get out of my head that any deviation on the base attenuator is simply colouring the sound that I'm listening too.
I do like my drum and bass (Roots Dub), but I also love Vivaldi and Hadyn Quartet classical music and I simply don't want that doubt that what I'm listening to is being distorted by the base-attenuator'.

Do you have or know someone who has any of the JH Audio without the BA and what's their review?

Or should I simply go for the VE Ciems or 64 Audio as a 'safe' bet.

Thaks in advance

Seyley

Mar 28, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #174 of 174
Hopefully this thread is still active and I'm posting this query here in the appropriate place.

I'm think of moving up from the Roxanne's to the 'next level' and had as one of my options the Laylas. But what I'm looking for in my audio (non stage) requirements is a 'reference' set of CIEMs. One consideration is not having the base attenuator (BA) set-up on the CIEMs. But can I find any information on this in more detail? So I wrote to JH Audio in the last few days and didn't get the answers I was looking, just a hastily written note saying if I didn't want the 'attenuator' then simply mention that in the free text field on my order.................................NOPE, that's not going to happen! Yet when I look for further information regarding this,and the new 7 pin connection, the ability to add a 4.4 connection, there seems to be very little info or indeed variance. I can't get out of my head that any deviation on the base attenuator is simply colouring the sound that I'm listening too.
I do like my drum and bass (Roots Dub), but I also love Vivaldi and Hadyn Quartet classical music and I simply don't want that doubt that what I'm listening to is being distorted by the base-attenuator'.

Do you have or know someone who has any of the JH Audio without the BA and what's their review?

Or should I simply go for the VE Ciems or 64 Audio as a 'safe' bet.

Thaks in advance

Seyley
I think you should have a look on the newer thread. The guys are more active there, including JH crew. Some of them are musicians and can help you as well.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jh-...s-and-discussion.956466/page-29#post-16265526

I don't think JH will offer a cable without the bass attenuation. BUT they just posted a couple companies that are selling aftermarket cables and I'm pretty sure they will check if possible to not have the attenuator in you custom cable order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back