JH Audio Layla vs. JH Audio Roxanne
Mar 2, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #151 of 174
2QcxfPN.jpg

My Layla just arrived! Simply lovin’ it.

Mar 2, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #153 of 174
lol Last year, I was confuse like you between Layla and Roxanne.
Then I went to the shop to listened to both of them, I was wow by Roxanne not Layla. Dap I used is Wm1a at that time.
It's seem Layla give a little bit more details and flat, on the other hand the Roxanne give bassy sound and more fun to listen to my ear.
So I brought Roxanne and I am so happy to have it.

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #154 of 174
lol Last year, I was confuse like you between Layla and Roxanne.
Then I went to the shop to listened to both of them, I was wow by Roxanne not Layla. Dap I used is Wm1a at that time.
It's seem Layla give a little bit more details and flat, on the other hand the Roxanne give bassy sound and more fun to listen to my ear.
So I brought Roxanne and I am so happy to have it.

Yeah. Depends on the genre of songs that you listen to too. What you’ve described above is right about difference between the 2 TOTL product that JH has to offer.

Another is Layla uses 4th order crossover and Roxanne uses 3-way crossover.
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/diy/0311/crossover.htm

My genre of songs are more towards vocals presentation and hence the Layla brings out the sweetness & brightness of vocals, esp female vocals. Roxanne’s bass tend to mask out the centric of the vocals creating that kind of musky cloudy sound once the bass overrides, even with tuning down to less than 2 o’clock. Only way is to plug my 2.5mm cable which helps a little to drive that omph in vocals (Whitney Houston’s songs) and considerably less noise.

Also, shops’ demo pieces are uiem. There are differences between the sound quality albeit hard to separate both of them as they’re both 12BA. But you got to invest to hear the difference between CIEM Layla and Roxanne in order to appreciate the former more.

I’m glad I did and I never look back. Will offload my Roxanne soon.

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #155 of 174
Yeah. Depends on the genre of songs that you listen to too. What you’ve described above is right about difference between the 2 TOTL product that JH has to offer.

Another is Layla uses 4th order crossover and Roxanne uses 3-way crossover.
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/diy/0311/crossover.htm

My genre of songs are more towards vocals presentation and hence the Layla brings out the sweetness & brightness of vocals, esp female vocals. Roxanne’s bass tend to mask out the centric of the vocals creating that kind of musky cloudy sound once the bass overrides, even with tuning down to less than 2 o’clock. Only way is to plug my 2.5mm cable which helps a little to drive that omph in vocals (Whitney Houston’s songs) and considerably less noise.

Also, shops’ demo pieces are uiem. There are differences between the sound quality albeit hard to separate both of them as they’re both 12BA. But you got to invest to hear the difference between CIEM Layla and Roxanne in order to appreciate the former more.

I’m glad I did and I never look back. Will offload my Roxanne soon.

I did order uiem version instead custom. I still love sound of it but I am thinking to send it to change to custom after crack happen lol.

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #158 of 174
Oh that's sign to buy aion... oh wait my pocket is gone.... lol
Yes, it drop my roxanne less than 1 ft. and it's cracked.........

Be very careful next time bro. Baby it. Treat it like your laptop/handphone.

I like JH Audio the most. Will save up for another Layla, going for signature design - kickflip. I missed their current promo of 50% off their signature design when I placed my order for my current Layla.

All these CIEM candies don’t have hold value. If we’re to sell, it’s always only 45-50% of original price

Mar 6, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #159 of 174

Thanks man, absolutely love my Laylas. My Roxanne’s are really good too but these are just on a different level.
Is it just me or do your laylas look weirdly small? Maybe it's the size of those connectors

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #160 of 174
Is it just me or do your laylas look weirdly small? Maybe it's the size of those connectors
Probably just the angle of the photo or something cause they're huge lol. Here they are compared to my Roxanne thickness wise.
5EBCED8D-F9A2-4755-AE5B-B5539955C641.jpeg
3E7C363C-F939-4CFE-BF48-A8B9ACB0B491.jpeg

Mar 6, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #161 of 174
Probably just the angle of the photo or something cause they're huge lol. Here they are compared to my Roxanne thickness wise.
Must be. Their size was the first thing that struck me when I got my own pair not too long ago. Would you consider the Roxanne to also be a big iem, or is it more on the normal side?

P.s. that blue and silver is a wonderful colour combo

Mar 6, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #162 of 174
Must be. Their size was the first thing that struck me when I got my own pair not too long ago. Would you consider the Roxanne to also be a big iem, or is it more on the normal side?

P.s. that blue and silver is a wonderful colour combo
I would say Roxanne is more normal size, its only slightly thicker than my old JH11 Pro and sits pretty flush in my ears.

Mar 19, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #165 of 174
I feel that Layla is a bit unrefined or even coarse when compared with other IEMs at this price point.

How many hours est. did u listen to your Layla with bro? Did u set the bass tuner at 2 o'clock?
With 2.5mm balanced cable?

If you did all those I mentioned above, you’ll gonna have a whole different perspective of the Layla.

Price aside I agree it ain’t cheap. But sound aside for custom Layla, this 12BA ciem is really on a whole new level as compared to so many TOTL iems. I’ve auditioned FiR Audio M5, qdc Anole VX & all the 8 series, Vision Ears Elysium & Erlkonig, 64 Audio Tia Trió & Tia Fourté, Unique Melody Mentor V3+, Jomo Audio Flamenco.

Layla’s mids is the clearest to me. Crinacle’s chart also shows Layla’s upper mids to be very high. And the highs are tuned to be less fatigue as it rolls down at around 5kHz.

Maybe your perception of the Layla is the same as crinacle too as he rated it kinda low (B=) as compared to other TOTL IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back