JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Oct 28, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #2,251 of 2,420
Not all the Layla are heavy, the copper ones are heavy since they are produced from a block of resin with CNC machine like @CrocodileDundee mentioned before. If you choose another material like carbon fiber the earphones are going to be much lighter.
I got the Silver Matrix version. I reckon it's made of Carbon Fiber + Silver. I guess it's lighter than Copper.

Oct 28, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #2,253 of 2,420
Great choise!
Tell that to my miss. She didn't talk to me for 2 days when she saw the balance on the Credit Card. Lol.

I always wanted a JH IEM and almost got a pair of Lola's last 20% off (did all design and quote). I thought I couldn't miss this one. Looks like the marketing strategy of "only 25" got me. :)

I hope it will fit well within my A12t and LX.

Oct 29, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #2,254 of 2,420
No deny. This thing is pretty. Being heavy is new news for me, thanks for that.

Tell us more about it... how about sound compared to other you have/had?

I am still experimenting with the Laylas at this point: different sources, balanced/single-ended cables etc. I think I’ve settled on using balanced cables and I even had the original 2.5mm cable reterminated to a 4.4 Furutech rhodium-plated copper plug since an aftermarket 7-pin cable is near impossible to find right now, especially one with the bass control.

Sound: When I first listened to the Laylas, one thing I kept thinking about is how opposite this IEM is from my 64 Audio A18t. Both IEMs were described to be somewhat reference-sounding, but A18t’s take is definitely on the bright/lean end and the Laylas are on the dark/meatier end. I am still adjusting to the Laylas and they are definitely growing on me. Layla’s bass performance is very nice: quality, layering, and (adjustable) quantity. My favorite BA bass is still probably the A12s, but the Layla’s bass has me wondering whether that’ll still be the case a few months down the road.

Oct 29, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #2,255 of 2,420
I got the Silver Matrix version. I reckon it's made of Carbon Fiber + Silver. I guess it's lighter than Copper.

I asked JH about the Silver Matrix and they told me although its carbon fiber shell is light, the silver faceplate will also be heavy so the weight difference between the Copper & Silver Matrix IEMs might be smaller than you’d expect.

Oct 29, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #2,256 of 2,420
I asked JH about the Silver Matrix and they told me although its carbon fiber shell is light, the silver faceplate will also be heavy so the weight difference between the Copper & Silver Matrix IEMs might be smaller than you’d expect.
Nice! thanks for checking. It's really appreciated.

Oct 29, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #2,257 of 2,420
Hello, I have for your consideration a pair of JH Audio Layla Titanium version 2 for sale. If you are interested please send me a PM. Thank you!

Nov 2, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #2,260 of 2,420
If they deliver what is promised (sound like those contour speakers), they should be amazing! Unfortunately we won't have much reviews around for the same reason we don't have for the current models. But I would like to give it a try. 1690EUR is a bit steep though.

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #2,262 of 2,420
Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #2,263 of 2,420
Nov 18, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #2,264 of 2,420
That is because Layla is a great iem even in today's market with a lot of new headphone that comes every day
Looking at the list, just the "classics" are on the Top3 IEMs. Can't wait to get my Layla. :)

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #2,265 of 2,420
I kinda feel sad because I have to sell mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back