JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #2,176 of 2,420
Do you own these? I am curious where you are getting your info about the cable not being good. Also, the bass control being fragile. I have been a happy Aion owner since the day it was released.
can you please share some impressions

How are the mids relative to bass and highs

Do you have any other jhaudio iem to compare it to

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #2,177 of 2,420
can you please share some impressions

How are the mids relative to bass and highs

Do you have any other jhaudio iem to compare it to
I currently don't have any other JH Audio gear. I have owned the OG Layla(hated it;fit) and the Angie(Loved it). I would like the Roxanne Aion as well. So the Layla is an A&K collaboration and it pairs really well with the Kann Cube. I keep my bass setting at 2:00 most of the time, which is as far as I really wanted to go. The Layla is tuned for a more neutral response at it's neutral setting and the 2:00 adds to the fullness. It is overall a very smooth signature when set at the 2:00 setting. It feels as if there is maybe a 2dB increase in sub, possibly a bit more. Stage is average width and has nice depth, but at the 2:00 setting it gives the feel it congests things a bit more. At the neutral setting you have more air to the notes and the treble is a bit more sharp, but not offensive. You would have to play with the settings to find your sweet spot. I do adjust my setting from time to time, but never more than 2:00.

Jan 26, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #2,178 of 2,420
I currently don't have any other JH Audio gear. I have owned the OG Layla(hated it;fit) and the Angie(Loved it). I would like the Roxanne Aion as well. So the Layla is an A&K collaboration and it pairs really well with the Kann Cube. I keep my bass setting at 2:00 most of the time, which is as far as I really wanted to go. The Layla is tuned for a more neutral response at it's neutral setting and the 2:00 adds to the fullness. It is overall a very smooth signature when set at the 2:00 setting. It feels as if there is maybe a 2dB increase in sub, possibly a bit more. Stage is average width and has nice depth, but at the 2:00 setting it gives the feel it congests things a bit more. At the neutral setting you have more air to the notes and the treble is a bit more sharp, but not offensive. You would have to play with the settings to find your sweet spot. I do adjust my setting from time to time, but never more than 2:00.
thanls so much, this is very helpful. i have lola, angie and roxanne and love them all, but lola it bests those other 2

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #2,179 of 2,420
Hello.
I can offer you my Layla Universal I.
It just came back from JH Audio (Refurbished), with a few new drivers, a new cable and some new tips.
In the mean time I got my hands on another pair of IEM, which suit my taste better. Not to say that the Laylas aren't amazing in their own right.
I am just selling, because as a student I have to decide between IEMs. Dont have the funds for collecting just yet.
If you are interested:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jh-audio-layla-universal-refurbished-sale.923067/

Happy Listening.

Feb 23, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #2,180 of 2,420
Greetings

Although I do not own the Layla, but I thought bout sharing this here also, as I love my JH Audio iems, and I have the Roxanne, Lola and Angie.

But I was always a bit bothered on being limited in trying different cables on my JH Audio iems

So I searched the net until I found out a great company in Singapore called Whyears that makes adapters, which allows you to use any after market cable with your JH Audio iems, and has bass boost implementation

I was skeptical first, as to whether those will work in a positive way or not, especially I wanted them to have bass boost implementation and to be as good as that which is on the original cables

Well I got the adapters few days ago from Whyears

I ordered 2 types of adapters, one to be used with MMCX cables and one with 2 pin cables

In my arsenal I have some of the cables from OC studio called the Monarch, and as well the Orpheus Mk5. Also I bought from Whyears a great 8 core copper cable that it is simply a great sounding cable with great built.

I am not going to into details how each cable sounds, as the purpose of me writing this, is to help some who would love to take their Jh Audio iems to next level with cable rolling, using their own favorite cables, and that is now possible within a decent cost. Those adapters cost 66 usd, and they work as a charm with any cable I tried, simply plug your cables into those adapters and there you go, you are now enjoying your favorite cables with your favorite JH Audio iems.

The bass boost is very well implemented, simply dial in your preferred bass amount as you do on the original cable, and adjust if you like to levels you desire.

I was waiting for a great option like this since I got into JH Audio iems, as I adore those iems but always felt the stock cables was just ok, and now I can tell you with cable rolling it will certainly take your listening experience using your JH Audio iems to next levels.

Also Whyears offer now a special discount code : spc10off

that you can use at check out to get a 10% discount on your order

Simply put those adapters are so well made, and it allows you cable rolling at a decent cost

Here is the link to the adapters

https://whyears.myshopify.com/products/jh-to-0-782pin

And here is the link to their website

https://whyears.myshopify.com/

Do not forget to check out their great cables which are truly amazing sounding and have a great built quality

20200223_122041.jpg20200223_122114.jpg20200223_122202.jpg20200223_122432.jpg20200223_122440.jpg20200223_121914.jpg20200223_121919.jpg20200223_121919_1.jpg20200223_122150.jpg

Attachments

• 20200223_122150.jpg
    20200223_122150.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200223_121914.jpg
    20200223_121914.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200223_121919.jpg
    20200223_121919.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #2,181 of 2,420
Hi. Anyone’s Layla your triple bore holes are they symmetrically aligned for both Left and Right of your ciem? I’ve been using my Layla for a month and I noticed it isn’t aligned. Not that it matters when it comes to music listening experience, but it’s the psychological aspects of why JH Audio don’t pay attention to details when they construct their ciems. We don’t need 10-12 business days of quick but lacklustre job.

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #2,182 of 2,420
sxSffKN.jpg

ks67ECQ.jpg

I wanna ask if this is normal. The facing of the tripod triple bore holes is not symmetrically aligned for my Right (red) and Left (Blue). I know we human ears are shaped differently.

So I’m just wondering if it’s the lacklustre workmanship of JH Audio that didn’t pay attention to little details, or I’m just lucky that mine isn’t perfectly made?

[EDIT: JH Audio replied me and I got the answer that I want. It is something to do with the routing of the tubes so the Freqphase matches for both R & L ears.]

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #2,183 of 2,420
sxSffKN.jpg

ks67ECQ.jpg

I wanna ask if this is normal. The facing of the tripod triple bore holes is not symmetrically aligned for my Right (red) and Left (Blue). I know we human ears are shaped differently.

So I’m just wondering if it’s the lacklustre workmanship of JH Audio that didn’t pay attention to little details, or I’m just lucky that mine isn’t perfectly made?

[EDIT: JH Audio replied me and I got the answer that I want. It is something to do with the routing of the tubes so the Freqphase matches for both R & L ears.]
It's nice that your question got answer. Mine is aligned very well, Aion gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back