Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Jan 11, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #1,007 of 1,253
Anyone had any issues with the sockets/cable? Or quality control in general?

My socket has failed (loose) over time. What I thought was an issue in my ear when I turned my head was actually the socket, and then I saw bent and broken pins when I unplugged it!

And to think I mainly bought Jolene over UM MEST MKII because of concerns about a non-recessed 2-pin socket!
So... my loose socket failed and damaged one of the connectors. Very disappointed to be honest.

I would understand the cable not being covered after a year or if a dog had chewed it, but this is damage because of the socket.

I'm tempted to just cut my losses at this point. Have you ever heard of a broken socket not being covered by warranty?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #1,008 of 1,253
It's a pity that mine accidentally fell and cracked.
But the future is really damaged, I will use high quality wood to Jh production project
And like to give my opinion to challenge more possibilities with them
Although my friends think I have the best looking
Each piece is unique and always creates new art
grateful

Screenshot_20220115-045135~2.png

Attachments

• 20220114_041749.JPG
    20220114_041749.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #1,009 of 1,253
So... my loose socket failed and damaged one of the connectors. They've quoted me £400 ($550) for the repair and a replacement balanced cable, saying I've twisted the socket and that the socket and cable are not covered by the warranty. Very disappointed to be honest.

I would understand the cable not being covered after a year or if a dog had chewed it, but this is damage because of the socket.

I'm tempted to just cut my losses at this point. Have you ever heard of a broken socket not being covered by warranty?

I wouldn't say the Jolene is bad, and with some genres it was very good, but I don't really miss it. I bought blind and it wasn't amazing either, compared to my old A12 from memory, and W60, IE800 it’s not a huge upgrade, and PowerBeats Pro beats it for lows.
Have you sent the IEM’s back to them to check or the quote was based on emails/pictures?

I don’t think any brand cover socket/ connectors under warranty. We had quite an extensive discussion once on Noble’s thread about that and they were adamant about not covering it, 64a also doesn’t cover it.

Jan 18, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #1,010 of 1,253
Have you sent the IEM’s back to them to check or the quote was based on emails/pictures?

I don’t think any brand cover socket/ connectors under warranty. We had quite an extensive discussion once on Noble’s thread about that and they were adamant about not covering it, 64a also doesn’t cover it.
Yes, sent it back.

UM definitely covered a socket repair for me, many years ago. It was 2-pin socket that just too loose.
ACS and others too from what I remember on here, when T2 BaX cables were being problematic.

Jan 18, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #1,011 of 1,253
Yes, sent it back.

UM definitely covered a socket repair for me, many years ago. It was 2-pin socket that just too loose.
ACS and others too from what I remember on here, when T2 BaX cables were being problematic.
Thanks for sharing, didn’t know UE would cover. I like the classic brands and still want to get something from UE.

Jan 20, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #1,012 of 1,253
jolene and dire straits were made for reach other...

Jan 20, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #1,013 of 1,253
Jan 21, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #1,015 of 1,253
jolene and dire straits were made for reach other...
Mate, I had my Apple Music in full shuffle mode yesterday and I rediscovered so many lost songs in my favourites that were not heard in ages. They sounded like another song in the Jolene…

Quite a pleasuring listening session last night. As I told another friend here, Jolene weird (different) sound signature is addicting. Everything else I put in my years sound boring and more of the same.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #1,016 of 1,253
Keep those impressions coming, eagerly waiting for mine... should be not too far in the future hopefully :)

Jan 22, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #1,017 of 1,253
Keep those impressions coming, eagerly waiting for mine... should be not too far in the future hopefully :)
well, after a couple of days the bass really came alive for me. I switched to the foam tips and the bass really opened up. the Jolenes handle everything I throw at them, from rock to metal, EDM to ambient, classical and opera. the sub bass hits deep, there's plenty of impact on percussion, and all other instruments/voices are clean, nicely separated. and theyr'e so comfortable to wear, i've listened to them for hours at a time. i sat through all of wagner's valkure the other day which i havent done in years, just out of the pure enjoyment of it.
i'm very satisfied with them.
jolene dash berlin.jpg

Jan 25, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #1,020 of 1,253
well, after a couple of days the bass really came alive for me. I switched to the foam tips and the bass really opened up. the Jolenes handle everything I throw at them, from rock to metal, EDM to ambient, classical and opera. the sub bass hits deep, there's plenty of impact on percussion, and all other instruments/voices are clean, nicely separated. and theyr'e so comfortable to wear, i've listened to them for hours at a time. i sat through all of wagner's valkure the other day which i havent done in years, just out of the pure enjoyment of it.
i'm very satisfied with them.
jolene dash berlin.jpg
I should give the foamies a try… I always neglected them with all my IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back