Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Dec 27, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #991 of 1,253
Well I've had mine (universal) for a few days now and in all honesty I've never heard anything like these before.

They sound as beautiful as they look and that's quite some achievement.

The soundstage is amazing, I've seen holographic used several times to describe iem's (some of which I've owned) but these are the first iem's I've heard that I find to be truly holographic.
Nice to hear that, mate. What song do you suggest to blow my mind with the “holographic soundstage”? :wink:

Have been enjoying my Jolene with classic rock like Rush, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits… and the latest “Hans Zimmer: The Magic of Cinema”

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #992 of 1,253
Nice to hear that, mate. What song do you suggest to blow my mind with the “holographic soundstage”? :wink:

Have been enjoying my Jolene with classic rock like Rush, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits… and the latest “Hans Zimmer: The Magic of Cinema”
Funnily enough we like the same music.

The track that I was particularly taken with is Dire Straits - You and your friend from On Every Street

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #993 of 1,253
Funnily enough we like the same music.

The track that I was particularly taken with is Dire Straits - You and your friend from On Every Street
Nice, I will give that one a try when I get back home.

Pink Floyd - Wearing the inside out. Is a great one.

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #994 of 1,253
Read through all of this post… yes all 66 pages… and some of the insight has been very helpful. I bit the bullet on a custom pair of these during Black Friday sales and using my JCrew membership discount (I got my first JH16 v1 more than 10 years ago!), and now patiently waiting.

One of the first customers to order from JH’s new London office, with Graham here doing my impressions.

Had the same dilemma as many of you regarding what design to use of the two free ones… so ended up going for Jupiter on the left ear and Hyper Black on the right ear. Job done! 😂
Who needs to choose when you can have both? 😂

Dec 29, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #995 of 1,253
Jolene is becoming quite addictive… the sound signature difference from my other IEMs is making me come back to it at the end of the day.

Good to have something so “different” to balance out. :)

Jan 4, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #996 of 1,253
Jolene landing tomorrow, layla & monarch mkii in hand to compare

Jan 5, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #997 of 1,253
Just got the Jolenes... at first listen they sound fantastic! coming from layla, there's some similarity, but definitely sound wider. I think the layla's are a slight bit more detailed but I have to get used to the Jolene and do a/b comparison later on.. but I love them!

jolene05.jpg
jolene06.jpg

jolene07.jpg
jolene08.jpg

jolene10.jpg

Attachments

• jolene06.jpg
    jolene06.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #998 of 1,253
Yes laylas are a little more in your face and I’m wondering if that is contributing to the impression of more detail.

Jolene’s sounds more balanced and neutral, less lower mids so they aren’t as meaty, and Jolene’s are a little more balanced in the upper mids as well

Overall Jolene just sound a bit more even, so there’s some give and take. Laylas meaty darker nature gives it some advantages with certain music, but the dark upper mids bother me sometimrs

That’s never the case with Jolene- sounds crisp clear and even always while retaining the jh house sound

Jan 5, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #999 of 1,253
I’m not a full burn in believer :p

But give the Jolene some run for their life… I may have noticed some improvements. :wink:

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #1,001 of 1,253
Spoke with JH Audio today, Jolene won't be shipped out until end of Jan...such a wait! Must be good :laughing:
When did you order?
I meant to check back with them...

I guess we were a bunch to order at BF discount...

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #1,004 of 1,253
I placed my order 12/8. I'm trying not to think about it so the wait doesn't kill me...but also keep reminding myself that I have these on the way so I don't order other IEMs.... :head_bandage: :dizzy_face: :wink:

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #1,005 of 1,253
My order was placed Dec 18th, the holiday timing doesn’t help haha.
I placed it dec 7th, they told me 2 weeks at least from now... it'll be worth the wait for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back