Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Dec 20, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #976 of 1,253
Awesome! It looks like there aren't any bass attenuators, which is understandable. It also isn't a huge compromise in the Jolene's case, since I usually use them with the bass dials at (or near) full anyway. Hopefully, the pins have the same level of QC. I'll give them a go in January; after the craziness that is shipping in the holiday season subsides. :D

Dec 21, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #978 of 1,253
Will the bass pods on 4pin cable work if i use the 7pin adapter on it?

There will be 3 pins less
Well, the pins needed for the bass pod are in those 4, so it shouldn't matter if there are 3 less pins. That is a good question though. I wonder if they've been able to wire it to work that way.

Dec 21, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #979 of 1,253
~70h playing for the ghosts… looks like Burn in is a thing (at least for the Jolene).

I can hear a bit more mid bass and less harshness in the upper mids/lowhighs. :)

Keep going… not having much time for the new babies anyway.

Dec 22, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #980 of 1,253
Will the bass pods on 4pin cable work if i use the 7pin adapter on it?

There will be 3 pins less
Findthereal4

From what I’ve been told, today only 4 of the 7 pins are used today.
The remaining 3 pins are reserved for some other future additions. What these will be I do not know.
The folks at JH Audio did confirm for me why my request to build my Jolene’s with the older 4pin connectors could be honored was for this reason.
So it seems like the bass pod should work.
Hope this helps.

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #981 of 1,253
All the magic of the Jolene…

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #982 of 1,253
I pingued JH about my Jolene, ETA is around mid January, nice way to begin 2022 :)

Dec 22, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #983 of 1,253
@davidmolliere when did you purchase? mine was 12/3 and havent heard anything

Dec 22, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #984 of 1,253
Dec 23, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #985 of 1,253
@davidmolliere when did you purchase? mine was 12/3 and havent heard anything
FWIW I ordered my Jolene (custom, not universal) on 11/23 a couple hours after the sale went live. I had impressions on file already with JHA. They finalized my order on the 24th and it showed as “in production” on that day in my account on their site. I’m still waiting for mine to ship.

It seems Jolene must have have a considerably longer production time than other models, with the metal work and such that is involved. I can’t recall a custom from JHA ever taking this long to get made for me. Oh well, I’ll just keep waiting patiently. I know Jolene will be worth waiting for!

Dec 23, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #987 of 1,253
FWIW I ordered my Jolene (custom, not universal) on 11/23 a couple hours after the sale went live. I had impressions on file already with JHA. They finalized my order on the 24th and it showed as “in production” on that day in my account on their site. I’m still waiting for mine to ship.

It seems Jolene must have have a considerably longer production time than other models, with the metal work and such that is involved. I can’t recall a custom from JHA ever taking this long to get made for me. Oh well, I’ll just keep waiting patiently. I know Jolene will be worth waiting for!
My Layla took over 2months. :)

Edit: my 3 customs took over 2 months to be built.

Edit2: JH guys mentioned that the build time is about 20 business days for the Jolene, that’s why I didn’t get Custom, I needed it before.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #988 of 1,253
Here it goes another win for Jolene:

Jolene > Layla

The openess, 3D soundstage, instrument separation and clarity. Made this album a new experience for me.

Dec 27, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #989 of 1,253
Read through all of this post… yes all 66 pages… and some of the insight has been very helpful. I bit the bullet on a custom pair of these during Black Friday sales and using my JCrew membership discount (I got my first JH16 v1 more than 10 years ago!), and now patiently waiting.

One of the first customers to order from JH’s new London office, with Graham here doing my impressions.

Had the same dilemma as many of you regarding what design to use of the two free ones… so ended up going for Jupiter on the left ear and Hyper Black on the right ear. Job done! 😂

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #990 of 1,253
Well I've had mine (universal) for a few days now and in all honesty I've never heard anything like these before.

They sound as beautiful as they look and that's quite some achievement.

The soundstage is amazing, I've seen holographic used several times to describe iem's (some of which I've owned) but these are the first iem's I've heard that I find to be truly holographic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back