JH Audio JH5pro thread
Dec 4, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #661 of 1,217
Did I direct any post directly to you? Didn't think so. Get all excited all you want, if that's important to you. But it got to the point where a lot posts were really just about who was doing/getting what when, and not about the JH5s themselves. I also was interested in what SolidSnake3 had to say about the JH5s, but was glad to wait until he was ready to post, which he did. He and I exchanged several PMs early in the process when he was making a decision, and sometimes the PM route is the way to go to keep threads from getting repetitious.

Quote:
Quote:
Why so? There have been several JH5 owners who  have already posted how good they really are, so what's the big deal? This thread is really degenerating, to be honest. Just read Pizza films review, and you will know all you need to know, really. The 5s are, to myself and others who own them, a very very good custom for the money. What else is there to know that hasn't been said.

And while you're at it, there's really no point in bothering to post that you bought these in the first place.  It doesn't really change my day whether or not you own them.  I mean it's not like this is an "appreciation thread" where you're supposed to get excited about headphones.  Matter of fact, headphones are just some stupid expensive device for vibrating air anyway.  Oh wait...my bad, this is Head-fi, I kinda forgot for a second that the point is to discuss headphones, and that this particular thread is to get amped (pun intended) over JH5pros.  If this thread isn't your cup of tea, don't read it.  Kinda cool how the internet works that way.

I'm personally stoked to hear (pun intended) your impressions (and again) about them, and have the opportunity to have an interactive discussion with you guys about these things even though there are other reviews that I can and already have read about them.  AND I WANT SOME PICTURES TOO!!!  These may get advanced further up my xmas list...

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #662 of 1,217

Quote:
Just get tired of the redundancy is all. No party pooping intended. And I see his review is now posted, and a good one too. And if you check with SolidSnake, he will tell you that I was one of the early people to encourage him to buy the JH5s. I like reading other people's reviews, of course. When he was ready, he posted his review.

Fair enough!

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #663 of 1,217
I just think the people that are all giddy and excited (like me) are probably the people who are looking into buying the JH 5's or have already ordered them and this will be their FIRST pair of customs so they just want to know as much info as humanly possible (more emphasis on the fact they've never owned customs than the JH 5 itself)

Dec 4, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #664 of 1,217
Understand. My first customs too. And maybe not my last...My best observation about the JH5s from an appreciation standpoint is I don't care much to even listen to my other options any more, and that used to be fun (changing out IEMs). So I sold most everything I own, for the first time ever. Instead, now I want more DAPs, to hear how the JH5s sound with each of them. Pick your poison.

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #665 of 1,217

Quote:
I just think the people that are all giddy and excited (like me) are probably the people who are looking into buying the JH 5's or have already ordered them and this will be their FIRST pair of customs so they just want to know as much info as humanly possible (more emphasis on the fact they've never owned customs than the JH 5 itself)

My first customs too, the review took longer than I thought because it clocks in at a meaty 2500+ words. Also, I wanted to take a bit of time and let that first day or two of new toy jitters wear off. 
biggrin.gif

Hope my review helps you and if you have any other questions feel free to pm me about it

Dec 5, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #666 of 1,217
So even though it took a crap ton of time for my impressions to go through customs apparently USPS trucks don't stop through weekends and just keep going. at 3 am on december 2nd my impressions left Illinois so now (nearly 4 days later) it SHOULD be in Florida. After all my family drove from where we live in Canada once and made it to florida in 24 hours. Very very long day but it's so weird to think that in one days time you can make it all the way to Florida from where I live in Canada. ANYWAYS WHAT MY STUPID A.D.D. SELF IS SAYING IS MY IMPRESSIONS WILL PROBABLY BE WITH JH BY TOMORROW MORNING. IM FRIGGIN EXCITED

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #667 of 1,217
The waiting is oh so maddening and yet at the same time makes you appreciate when they do arrive so much more. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #668 of 1,217
Apparently my impressions were delivered to JH audio at noon today. Cool beans, beans cool, cool beans

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #669 of 1,217
JHAudio initially sent them to my billing address, but after contacting Jaime, she took care of that issue for me, and they're on their way to the shipping address. If I'm lucky, I'll get them Thursday or so.

The wait really is a killer. I just woke up right now from a dream that involved the JH5... I was putting them in my ear, and when I turned on the music, the dream ended :frowning2:

Well, soon, soon they'll be here.

-Swilly

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #670 of 1,217

Quote:
JHAudio initially sent them to my billing address, but after contacting Jaime, she took care of that issue for me, and they're on their way to the shipping address. If I'm lucky, I'll get them Thursday or so.

The wait really is a killer. I just woke up right now from a dream that involved the JH5... I was putting them in my ear, and when I turned on the music, the dream ended :frowning2:

Well, soon, soon they'll be here.

-Swilly

ahhh that sucks! My billing and shipping address are the same except the billing is under my moms name because I don't have a credit card so I'm just paying her. (Im a youngin). as long as they don't engrave my moms F'n name on the case it's all good hahaha! how long were yours shipped out to you after impressions were delivered to JH?

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #671 of 1,217
JHAudio received my earmolds on the 29th and they shipped out on the 3rd.

UPS must hate me or something. just got an update "Incorrect routing at UPS facility"...

-Swilly

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #672 of 1,217
Got mine yesterday, listened to them, love them, but I have a fit issue. It is as I feared with my impressions: too short. My JH5's terminate right before the second bend of my ear canal, which a) provides almost no seal, and b) serves to tickle the inside of my ear if I move much at all. I am getting new impressions made (audiologist said do-overs are free, which is nice) and can't wait to hear what everything sounds like with solid seal. 

First impressions? Holy cow, do I appreciate these headphones. Even with fit problems, every genre I tried (everything) sounded as good as I can remember hearing it, except super-bass hip hop, which sounded jumbled and thin; but I imagine that is related to problem "a" above. They are SUPER light, so when I wasn't moving I hardly knew they were there (moving = tickle). Also they were driven well by anything I plugged them into, amped or not. I have to echo what solidsnake said elsewhere, by saying the greatest strength was that I found myself listening to my music without any thought of my headphones, which I have only been able to trick myself into doing in the past. These are really basic first impressions, since I need to get second impressions made before I can offer my second impressions, but so far so good...

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #673 of 1,217
While I wouldn't consider myself a basshead, I'm coming from the unlimited sub-bass of my Future Sonics Atrios.  Has anyone heard both of these phones and be able to offer a comparison?

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #674 of 1,217

Quote:
Got mine yesterday, listened to them, love them, but I have a fit issue. It is as I feared with my impressions: too short. My JH5's terminate right before the second bend of my ear canal, which a) provides almost no seal, and b) serves to tickle the inside of my ear if I move much at all. I am getting new impressions made (audiologist said do-overs are free, which is nice) and can't wait to hear what everything sounds like with solid seal. 

First impressions? Holy cow, do I appreciate these headphones. Even with fit problems, every genre I tried (everything) sounded as good as I can remember hearing it, except super-bass hip hop, which sounded jumbled and thin; but I imagine that is related to problem "a" above. They are SUPER light, so when I wasn't moving I hardly knew they were there (moving = tickle). Also they were driven well by anything I plugged them into, amped or not. I have to echo what solidsnake said elsewhere, by saying the greatest strength was that I found myself listening to my music without any thought of my headphones, which I have only been able to trick myself into doing in the past. These are really basic first impressions, since I need to get second impressions made before I can offer my second impressions, but so far so good...

Sorry to hear about the fit issue, nice that you get new molds for free however. I will probably be sending mine back for a refit really soon actually, the right ear is perfect but left is too loose, seal is pretty weak on it although the sound is good. Also, agree on the point that amped or not every source I have drives them really well. 

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #675 of 1,217
Refits and never fun. I went through one and I was not happy since I had to wait too long and the fit was better but not as good. I refit them myself yesterday with some nail polish and it works better now but I need to add some more layers to make it even better.

It is nice to get free impressions however. When I went for the second time it was only $25 instead of $50 so 50% off is better than nothing. Hopefully you just need 1 refit and not multiple ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back