JH Audio JH5pro thread
Dec 3, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #646 of 1,217
Really sorry to make you guys wait here, I promise the GIANT REVIEW OF AWESOMENESS is coming tonight along with a ton of photos. Posting this on my work break.

Just want to leave all of you one last little thought before the massive review/impressions shows up...here it is:

The Search is OVER

Dec 3, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #647 of 1,217

Quote:
Really sorry to make you guys wait here, I promise the GIANT REVIEW OF AWESOMENESS is coming tonight along with a ton of photos. Posting this on my work break.

Just want to leave all of you one last little thought before the massive review/impressions shows up...here it is:

The Search is OVER

HAHAHAHA friggin awesome!  Burn those suckers in!  Can't wait to hear your thoughts...

Dec 3, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #648 of 1,217
If he's saying what I think is clear he is saying, then I concur. Since I got the JH5s, I have a hard time using any other IEMs. In fact, I have sold most of my stuff, except for a couple of decent cheapies just in case I need a pair for something that would jeopardize the JH5s. Not sure what that is, but just in case.

Dec 3, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #649 of 1,217
From the information I've gathered the only thing better (to my ears) than a set of JH 5's would be a JH 13 and then again... they don't just get better as the model number goes up.. apparently the mids and warmness is the best on the 5's and the 13's are just better because of the bass and treble extension. Can see myself using JH 5's for personal listening then probably getting UE capitol studios monitors for later on after college if I'm in a studio or doing FOH work.

Dec 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #650 of 1,217

Quote:

The Search is OVER

Just to clarify a bit what you really mean is that your search for universal earphones is over and your search for bigger and better customs is just starting :)

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #652 of 1,217
TELL US SOMETHING, ANYTHING SOLID SNAKE

Dec 3, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #654 of 1,217
Why so? There have been several JH5 owners who  have already posted how good they really are, so what's the big deal? This thread is really degenerating, to be honest. Just read Pizza films review, and you will know all you need to know, really. The 5s are, to myself and others who own them, a very very good custom for the money. What else is there to know that hasn't been said.

Dec 4, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #655 of 1,217

Quote:
Why so? There have been several JH5 owners who  have already posted how good they really are, so what's the big deal? This thread is really degenerating, to be honest. Just read Pizza films review, and you will know all you need to know, really. The 5s are, to myself and others who own them, a very very good custom for the money. What else is there to know that hasn't been said.

And while you're at it, there's really no point in bothering to post that you bought these in the first place.  It doesn't really change my day whether or not you own them.  I mean it's not like this is an "appreciation thread" where you're supposed to get excited about headphones.  Matter of fact, headphones are just some stupid expensive device for vibrating air anyway.  Oh wait...my bad, this is Head-fi, I kinda forgot for a second that the point is to discuss headphones, and that this particular thread is to get amped (pun intended) over JH5pros.  If this thread isn't your cup of tea, don't read it.  Kinda cool how the internet works that way.

I'm personally stoked to hear (pun intended) your impressions (and again) about them, and have the opportunity to have an interactive discussion with you guys about these things even though there are other reviews that I can and already have read about them.  AND I WANT SOME PICTURES TOO!!!  These may get advanced further up my xmas list...

Dec 4, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #656 of 1,217
Turns out SolidSnake was right, Trial is off, jh5's arrive Monday and I have a pretty light week at work, so I will be closing my door and listening to headphones non-stop.

!!!

The only thing that sucks about not having work to distract me is: NOW I HAVE NOTHING TO DISTRACT ME FROM WAITING! and I know SolidSnake is going to get on this afternoon and tell everyone what a great time he is having blowing his mind with music. glargh.

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #658 of 1,217
Sorry that took so long everyone, hope the results are worth it. Here is my review, it got so huge I figured it needed it's own thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/526436/and-he-walked-away-with-a-smile-a-jh5-review

Also, gregor, glad it worked out for you, have fun with those JH5's, I sure am 
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #659 of 1,217

Quote:

This is my first set of customs and I'm all excited about them so I want as much info as I can possibly get. Don't be a party pooper.

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #660 of 1,217
Just get tired of the redundancy is all. No party pooping intended. And I see his review is now posted, and a good one too. And if you check with SolidSnake, he will tell you that I was one of the early people to encourage him to buy the JH5s. I like reading other people's reviews, of course. When he was ready, he posted his review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back