JH Audio JH5pro thread
Aug 28, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #453 of 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzafilms /img/forum/go_quote.gifY

You should give JH Audio's impression spec sheet to your audiologist and make sure they follow it. Mouth open with a one inch bite block. Mine fit perfectly first time. It really helps if your audiologist has done this before specifically for in-ears.

I will do that for sure.

I thought the 5's and 7's were very similar, but to me, the 7's bass was too much. And based on what I see of the product lines, it seems that almost every model has a counterpart with more bass. (5 and 7. 13 and 16, etc.) Obviously bass amount is pretty subjective.

Yes it is subjective, I dont suppose you have ever heard the sennheiser CX300's? If you have id be interested how they compare in 'having to much bass' compared to the JH7's, after my last pair of RE0 by hifiman I dont want to get another pair with not enough bass :)

Aug 30, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #454 of 1,217
Thanks for the comments on universals vs JH5s. Looks like I'll just save up for the JH5s instead of universals.

Another question though. How long exactly is the 48" cable in real life terms? Would it be too long if I pair it with something like a Fiio E1? Not really looking to amp it, I'd just like the remote feature to control my iPod.

Oct 30, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #456 of 1,217
I now I'm reviving a bit of a dormant thread here but I'm currently looking quite seriously at the JH5's and wondering about ordering a pair. I right now have some CK10's and while I really do love the incredible detail, clarity and soundstage they are missing a bit of the "fun" and natural aspect of music. I don't feel myself just tapping my foot and singing along. 

I'm wondering if the JH5 will have what I'm looking for. To anyone that own's the JH5's, are they fun and natural? In that does everything just sound "right"? I know thats a hard thing to determine but basically what I'm wondering is if all of the aspects of sound just come together to produce a complete song?

With the CK10's I feel like I'm analyzing music more than really enjoying it, are the JH5's very different from this? Are they more "fun"?

Sorry to ask about 100 questions, hope someone has at least a bit of experience here and can help a guy new to the idea of customs out 
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #457 of 1,217
"Warm" and "Natural" are definitely two words I'd use to describe my 5's. "Fun"? That's a more subjective call, but I wouldn't call them cold or analytical.

I can tell you that every time I put them on, I think the $399 that I spent was more than well worth it...and yes, the music sounds great.

Hope that helps.

Nov 1, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #458 of 1,217
I have a really tough decision to make and was wondering if anyone could help me decide.

Should I reshell my Triple Fis and add a mid driver?
Or
Should I go for the jh5 pros?

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #459 of 1,217

Quote:
"Warm" and "Natural" are definitely two words I'd use to describe my 5's. "Fun"? That's a more subjective call, but I wouldn't call them cold or analytical.

I can tell you that every time I put them on, I think the $399 that I spent was more than well worth it...and yes, the music sounds great.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that impression, natural is what I am looking for. I would like the music to be enjoyable and just sound correct. I know this is a pretty hard thing to attempt to quantify and portray to another person but it seems like you got the idea. 

Helps to know that you really are enjoying them and that you felt/feel the money was well spend as well. 

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #461 of 1,217
the JH5 is a little bit like the TF10, he has a little peak in the mid bass. (= fun peak) Without this very neutral, technical like the top two way iems. (and you can boost the bass very well!)

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #462 of 1,217
JH5 is way more neutral and linear. Mids line right up with the top and bottom. I fact, you'd never guess it a multi driver device. The sig is one of a VERY slightly warm mid but that's splitting hairs and everything else pretty linear and extended. That minor warmth (less than a se535 or TF10) does not limit clarity or speed in any way.

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #463 of 1,217
So this bit of warmth to the signal does not negatively impact the mids at all? I'm just a bit concerned about vocals possibly being a bit recessed if there is a bit of a bass bump. 

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #464 of 1,217
^
I'd look at the HJA website and look at their recommended audiologists. If any of them are within traveling distance for you I would give them a call and see if they have a demo available for you to listen. If you are lucky like me you will have a couple of places to call up. The JH5 is the only JH earphone that interests me for some odd reason however but I won't be getting another custom for a while.

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #465 of 1,217

Quote:
Just a question on JH5...

Is JH5 neutral? How would you describe JH5 as?
Hows the instrument separation? 

It's not that neutral.  It's more towards the warm side and quite pleasant to listen to.  I agree with whoever said not as much as the SE530s.  It's definitely not nearly that warm with regards to mids.  I don't find the mids recessed at all, in fact the JH5s have great mids.  Overall, I find them to be a bit laid back. 

Instrument separation I would probably give 8/10.  Does a good job but doesn't quite have enough speed for some songs for me.  Soundstage isn't as wide as some may like which makes it harder to define exactly where the instrument is on the stage.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back