JH Audio JH5pro thread
Nov 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #181 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be, due to background and light. The two monitors above are the same colour. Your sentence is kinda confusing as you mention the pair is lighter than your pair, and you gotyour pair made darker cause it didn't match....hmmm

What I'm saying is my pair was originally a lighter smokey shade, just like his monitors.

I sent them back because they were not solid black like I asked for. They still are not solid black... but are darker now.
wink.gif

They should not offer a solid option if they can't deliver it.

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #182 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I'm saying is my pair was originally a lighter smokey shade, just like his monitors.

I sent them back because they were not solid black like I asked for. They still are not solid black... but are darker now.
wink.gif

JH Audio uses an ultraviolet curing process. So they have never had truly solid IEM's. I wasn't aware that they had ever stated otherwise.

Nov 2, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #183 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH Audio uses an ultraviolet curing process. So they have never had truly solid IEM's. I wasn't aware that they had ever stated otherwise.

I bet to differ. I have 100% purple Iem's.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #185 of 1,217
Quote:

Post a pic.

Stock images:
-1---------------------------
iemn.jpg

-2---------------------------
New Case With Label
iem3.jpg

-3--------------------------
iem2.jpg

----------------------------

I sent a card from a paint store to get the correct color and they came out really well! I am very pleased. The fit is good too, I will post about sound later. Just a pic for now
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #186 of 1,217
Hi Elluzion,

I have been tracking this thread and I just want to congrat you because at long last you can enjoy your pair of JH5! I hope that this time you aren't having any build-qulity problem with them!

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #188 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Elluzion,

I have been tracking this thread and I just want to congrat you because at long last you can enjoy your pair of JH5! I hope that this time you aren't having any build-qulity problem with them!

Thank you KLS
smily_headphones1.gif
I appreciate it. Yes I am happy with them and glad that JH worked with me to fix things up. Build quality is very good.

Quote:

Cool, they look solid to me! I wonder why they would not make mine solid...

On another note, does anyone think they have a very warm sound signature?

Yeah they are definitely solid. Yeah i'm not sure, what color were yours? You didn't ask for translucent right? did you state that?

Hmm warm sound signature, I will let you know in a bit
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #189 of 1,217
Quote:

wink.gif

Actually, that darker transparent black is what i was aiming for!!! i sent them a picture too!... hmph. I don't want to send them back, cause the fit is great and i don't want to risk loosing that.

been using them all day... and why my ears are dry (not oily or damp) the seal is pretty damn solid. hmph...

if it ain't broke, don't fix it... i suppose. i suppose no one will see them when i'm wearing them, or care so no big deal really... at least that's what i'm telling myself!

oh and that's an epic purple elluzion. i was going to get something flashy and a solid color, but i didn't want to draw too much attention, and wanted to be able to see wax...

eh, smokey gray, transparent black... eh...

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #190 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnullify /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, that darker transparent black is what i was aiming for!!! i sent them a picture too!... hmph. I don't want to send them back, cause the fit is great and i don't want to risk loosing that.

been using them all day... and why my ears are dry (not oily or damp) the seal is pretty damn solid. hmph...

if it ain't broke, don't fix it... i suppose. i suppose no one will see them when i'm wearing them, or care so no big deal really... at least that's what i'm telling myself!

oh and that's an epic purple elluzion. i was going to get something flashy and a solid color, but i didn't want to draw too much attention, and wanted to be able to see wax...

eh, smokey gray, transparent black... eh...

Yeah that is too bad that they fit well but the color is off. It is a tough thing. Luckily JH was able to remake mine and now i'm happy with the color, but the pinkish red before was not good. I love the color now, it pops out
smily_headphones1.gif

but in the end its what you hear, not what you see.

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #191 of 1,217
I believe they don't have solid black because they don't want buy solid black liquid resin that they can't use except for solid Black. If they get a the Trans Black, they can make the trans black super dark almost close to solid, and also use it for other things like mixing with blue to make a dark transparent blue or a dark transparent red or something like that....if you know what i mean.

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #192 of 1,217
Well I asked for solid black shells so it'll be interesting to see what I got.

I didn't tick the artwork box and I didn't up load anything when I made the initial order so I hope that there is nothing on the shells (well except the SN and initials on the inside surface =P).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back