JH Audio JH5pro thread
Oct 29, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #166 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info, it makes me feel more at ease. What I don't like is how they respond to you before they get your money but from what I've heard in this thread, they forget about you after they have your money if you have any issues?

They are always good with the phone. However, like many others, I had issues with getting my answers through emails. I think they are doing their best though because I got reply from Brittany Harvey during off ours (like 1AM) through her blackberry couple of times. I guess they need to hire more people?

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #168 of 1,217
Quote:

Thanks for the info, it makes me feel more at ease. What I don't like is how they respond to you before they get your money but from what I've heard in this thread, they forget about you after they have your money if you have any issues?

I probably guess this is temporal issue, where they are flood with lots of orders now. The dust will settle soon.... or at least, that's what I hope.

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #169 of 1,217
Doesn't seem like it, the manufacturing process is only 2 to 2.5 weeks now. Meaning they have no orders...yes their spending their time on something else rather than serving clients....

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #171 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't seem like it, the manufacturing process is only 2 to 2.5 weeks now. Meaning they have no orders...yes their spending their time on something else rather than serving clients....

How does that mean that they don't have any orders to fill?

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #172 of 1,217
Quote:

How does that mean that they don't have any orders to fill?

Not sayin they don't, just saying the traffic isn't high. It was at 3 to 4 weeks when they ACTUALY had traffic. The time is probably ven les that 2 weeks right now, Ultimate Ears is at 4-6 days right now. Westones at about a week

Nov 2, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #173 of 1,217
I got My pair last friday, exactly 2 weeks from when they received my impressions. fair enough.

Few things, non-audio related that urk me...
first off, the fit is nice and tight, only breaking in the left ear when i really try to.

One funny thing though, there's a ledge on the upper part of the outer part of the IEM which is elongated and sticks out a bit... here's a picture:
4066889679_786d904e86.jpg

4066889199_547acba313.jpg

Is this normal? I've been using it to grab onto to pull it out, which is convenient... i didn't notice it in anyone else's pictures (in ear), though i haven't seen all that many.

and another thing that's bugging me is the color...

I was going for this color:
Quote:

img2400.jpg

but got this:
4066889961_af00fded27.jpg

which seems lighter, though i sent a photo of the shade of black i was after....

they sound great though! I can't seem to wear them for more than 45 minutes or so without my ears getting irritated, so i'm easing my way into it.
the fit is about 10x better than the livewires i had, with 1/2 the turn around. so i'm cool with that. I'm sure by the end of the week i'll be used to it enough to wear for hours on end.

Nov 2, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #174 of 1,217
dnullify,

Did you ask them for solid black? They do look a bit lighter than mine. Mine are still transparent thought. I really wanted no transparency at all. So my question is why do they offer a SOLID option when they clearly don't??

How do they compare to the livewires?

Nov 2, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #176 of 1,217
it's the same colour, it's the lighting that's making it look darker than your pair. The ledge is fine, it's normal. Every custom differs a little, as long as you get a good fit then you're good.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #177 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's the same colour, it's the lighting that's making it look darker than your pair. The ledge is fine, it's normal. Every custom differs a little, as long as you get a good fit then you're good.

They are defiantly lighter than my pair. When I first received mine, they were that same color. I sent them back to be remade darker.

Nov 2, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #178 of 1,217
To be, due to background and light. The two monitors above are the same colour. Your sentence is kinda confusing as you mention the pair is lighter than your pair, and you gotyour pair made darker cause it didn't match....hmmm

Nov 2, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #180 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought color was not guaranteed?

it's not guaranteed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back