JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jul 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #3,601 of 3,787
Didn't you like the sound when you got your second pair?
Quote:
boomy sound is normal... it's the JH16 bro....  I used to nag about it when i got my Jh16's.

Ironically I learned to appreciated after 3 months. Sound also improved noticeably after ~ 200 hours of playback. 

I used to praise the ShureSE535 but when I went back and listened to them after few months with JH16's I was like meh... get the hell out of my face.

Jul 31, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #3,602 of 3,787
Quote:
Didn't you like the sound when you got your second pair?

It turned out it was my DAC doing all the work. Actually I am not sure if the second pair sound indeed better or not. Psychological factor plays an important role.... 

However I must admit that the JH16 sound really good eventho perfection needs equalization ( upper mids/treble and sub bass ) 

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #3,604 of 3,787
Quote:
boomy sound is normal... it's the JH16 bro....  I used to nag about it when i got my Jh16's.

Ironically I learned to appreciated after 3 months. Sound also improved noticeably after ~ 200 hours of playback. 

I used to praise the ShureSE535 but when I went back and listened to them after few months with JH16's I was like meh... get the hell out of my face.

I've been rocking SE530/535s for about 4 years and have been wanting to upgrade to my first CIEMs but couldn't decide which ones.

After all the research, your comment was the last thing I needed to hear. Just pulled the trigger on JH16fp! Thanks!  

Oct 2, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #3,605 of 3,787
This sounds silly but,

would I be an idiot to use my 16s in the gym? Obviously not whilst Im doing anything that leaves me sweating but whilst weight training and so forth?

Anyone else use them in the gym?

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #3,606 of 3,787
  This sounds silly but,

would I be an idiot to use my 16s in the gym? Obviously not whilst Im doing anything that leaves me sweating but whilst weight training and so forth?

I use them on the treadmill, but I take them off when lifting. HP cables and free weights is asking for trouble.

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #3,608 of 3,787
  This sounds silly but,

Sweating could be a problem with excessive moisture getting into the tubes\drivers.
Not sure I would want to risk getting tangled up in the cable with weights.

I tend to use cheap over ears when working out and save my decent CIEMs for critical\relaxed listening

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #3,610 of 3,787

Ha. I kinda figured the opposite. As long as I'm careful with weights, I shouldnt be even touching my cable, they should be fine. On the treadmill however, sweat becomes a major issue.

I use my JH5 at the gym with free weights and no issues there.

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #3,611 of 3,787
  This sounds silly but,

No, that's the whole point of portable listening isn't it?  Having great sound "on the go doing active things."

I'm on 3 years with my JH5's.  Working out with weights and 45 minutes on treadmill 4-5 times per week.  They still sound like the day I got them.

People need to understand your ear canals don't sweat and sweat certainly won't permeate through an acrylic housing.  It's a non-issue.

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #3,612 of 3,787

No, that's the whole point of portable listening isn't it?  Having great sound "on the go doing active things."

I'm on 3 years with my JH5's.  Working out with weights and 45 minutes on treadmill 4-5 times per week.  They still sound like the day I got them.

People need to understand your ear canals don't sweat and sweat certainly won't permeate through an acrylic housing.  It's a non-issue.

Sweat may seep into the canals from outside but putting your JHs through the washing machine won't permanently damage them either. Someone did this and just dried it out for a couple days in rice and it was working perfectly.

Whenever I lift with ciems on though, the seal pops.

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #3,613 of 3,787

Your canals might not but the surrounding areas of the ear and skull do get wet with sweat....my ears are always wet after a workout.
Each to their own, but personally I'd rather not risk my $1000 CIEMs....and can you actually enjoy the music when you're huffing and puffing and your mind is focused on  the burning muscles?

wink.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #3,614 of 3,787
  Your canals might not but the surrounding areas of the ear and skull do get wet with sweat....my ears are always wet after a workout.
Each to their own, but personally I'd rather not risk my $1000 CIEMs....and can you actually enjoy the music when you're huffing and puffing and your mind is focused on  the burning muscles?

wink.gif

I actually enjoy my music because I'm listening to the music, not because I hear a slightly wider soundstage, or 10% more microdetail.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #3,615 of 3,787

I actually enjoy my music because I'm listening to the music, not because I hear a slightly wider soundstage, or 10% more microdetail.
rolleyes.gif

I enjoy my music as is....but the micro detail and wider soundstage enhances it.
If I am not really "listening" because I am concentrating on other things, then less resolving IEMs will do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back