JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Mar 11, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #2,866 of 3,787

Quote:
I am totally enjoying my JH-16pro again.  Thanks to my newly acquired Chris_Himself cable.   Wasn't expecting much as costs was reasonable and so ordered one to see if I will rediscover anything new.   Am i glad I did....

Ugh.. Can't wait to receive mine. The first one got lost in the mail, and the second one has taken quite some time to get here so far.

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #2,870 of 3,787

Quote:
Is the cable really stiff? How is it for commuting? Thanks.

The cable is quite thin and light and so very portable.   Mine was done with a sheath (optional) and so it is less portable as it is difficult to keep them.  But it has less cable tangle and more comfortable in my opinion.   If portability is important, I suggest forget about the sheath.   See the cable thickness difference compared with DHC in the 2nd pic.   

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #2,871 of 3,787
Had a huge crisis with my JH16s today. One of the pins broke on the left ear piece and was stuck inside the socket with a tiny bit sticking out. Not enough for me to pull it out so I got some silver solder and connected the broken pin to the cable socket. Now theres at least a 1mm~ gap between pins and left ear piece but it still works flawlessly and based on sighted listening test I've yet to discern any differences.

I really should send it back to get it professionally fixed but the wait without these will kill me. Some tips incase this happens to anyone else, would be to use a heavy duty pre-solder cleaner solution so the joints are clean as possible before soldering. As I was actually using the solder to connect the 2 joints I used silver (3.0 ag, 0.5 cu) solder rather than standard tin to hold joints together.

Sigh of relief!

This probably wouldn't qualify for warranty as I was using an aftermarket cable (chris_himself/headphone lounge). No idea how this happend but I left these on the bed, family friend's kids came over and afterwards found them broken -_-".

Mar 18, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #2,873 of 3,787
i think my pair of 16s are arriving tmr. can't wait to do a comparison with heir audio's 8a

Mar 18, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #2,875 of 3,787

Quote:
Man it's going to be great pair.  So far I really love my JH16, I hope you love yours too.

hopefully there isn't any fit issues since i'm sure i got pretty solid impressions done. 

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #2,877 of 3,787
Please guys, I need your input. It seems like years now that the JH-3A was being dragged through the trenches on Head-Fi but becuae of delays (amongst other things) the product has taken a back seat to other and newer Head-Fi products. For those of you with the JH-16s, does the JH-3A make that much of a difference? Apparently the JH-3A is different from what it was originally engineered to be. Your insights are welcome...

Mar 19, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #2,878 of 3,787

Quote:
JHA will do there job perfectly.  You just listen and get high!

gosh i just received my jh16s, other then them forgetting to mail me my comply softwraps and a printing mistake on the box, the fit is purrrrrfect! great build quality too, snug tight compact and a real beauty to look at!

was so worried about the fit but luckily it came out better then expected! :) real happy with JHA

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #2,879 of 3,787

Quote:

gosh i just received my jh16s, other then them forgetting to mail me my comply softwraps and a printing mistake on the box, the fit is purrrrrfect! great build quality too, snug tight compact and a real beauty to look at!

was so worried about the fit but luckily it came out better then expected! :) real happy with JHA

Cool man, now you just seat tight ENJOY! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #2,880 of 3,787
Quote:
Please guys, I need your input. It seems like years now that the JH-3A was being dragged through the trenches on Head-Fi but becuae of delays (amongst other things) the product has taken a back seat to other and newer Head-Fi products. For those of you with the JH-16s, does the JH-3A make that much of a difference? Apparently the JH-3A is different from what it was originally engineered to be. Your insights are welcome...

Before I got my JH-3A/16s, I was listening to the CLAS Solo and Pico Slim with JH13s.  So, my only comparisons would be between two rigs both with iPod Classic (7th gen.) and ALO Solo.  I really like the JH-3A with the 16s and the ability to adjust the bass.   But then I am a bass man (pretty base too, but that's another whole story!).

I never got to listen to the JH16s without the 3A, so what I hear and know may not answer your question.  I can only say that as brilliant as the iPod Classic/Solo/Pico Sim/JH13s is, the iPod Classic/Solo/3A/JH16s is a significant step up for me: much more open; wider range of dynamics; unbelievable soundstage and instruments' placement for an IEM; and a clarity of presentation that I have never heard heretofore.  The bass is just out of bounds, literally.   There are some lower organ notes that rattle my brain (I know, plenty of room to rattle!).

I really do think the 3A adds value.  I said the same thing of the Solo too.   Together the value is exponential in my limited and un-informed opinion (imluo???)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back