JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Feb 13, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #2,792 of 3,787
I have also bought the foam. The purpose of it is to reduce feedback/ occlusion effect when walking, and also to improve the seal. 

Some time ago I tried to cut small thin pieces of similar shape foam from the normal foam and put it onto my JH16, it worked nicely but there was nothing to keep the foam on the nozzle. And it broke too easily. Hopefully this will be perfect for my need...
rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #2,794 of 3,787

Quote:
Holy cow, the shipping is $13.71 for this $14.95 product that could be sent priority mail for under $5.00?  I went to order, but might shop around first.  I've lost 45 lbs and need to tighten up my JH13Pro a little...

Lol... exactly why I didn't pull the trigger.  My shipping quote was $16 to the Chicago area.  Notsureifserious...

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #2,795 of 3,787
Quote:
I still dun get it..I thought those are only for demo listening use. The tip is already pretty tight. How am I suppose to wrap another thing around it? I won't even be able to insert them into my ears.

Tight is good! Far better off without those, for a CIEM of this price range I think spending the extra time/money to get a refit is far better off then using a temp solution.

I think the only reason you would use these would be if you use CIEM while being very active and would need a extremely tight fit for cases if they'd fell out you'd definitely lose/destroy them. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #2,796 of 3,787
Thanks! lol. I don't think any customized IEMs can fell off from the ears...except you sent your son's ear impressions to JH
wink.gif

Personally I hate my IEMs to be really tight. As long as it seals well, I am absolutely ok with it. My EM6 from ear sonics are way too tight (apart from the fitting problem)... I don't want to use them even for some songs EM6 is better than JH16.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #2,797 of 3,787
Impressions with the twag is that it does help with the soundstage :)

Its also more comfortable than stock cables with the memory wire as I wear glasses

I was recommended chris himself cables, but at the moment I'll stick with these. Not sure how to describe the difference between twags and stock, but it just seems like better spatial positions.

I guess I have to burn them to 300hrs, which i do through normal listening.

The fit in the left ear does not have perfect seal I think :frowning2:

and its not as comfy as the right ear. Think Im gonna get another set of impressions to give to JH to get a better fit for the left ear.
If i'm spending this much money, might as well get the best fit I can and not be satisfied with just so so.

Its gonna cost me more moolah in the end, but thats the way it is I guess

To the JH16 owners, when you click your fingers, can you hear the clicking sound with the iems in the ear?

Also I did this headphone test on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUrk2W_r5fc
With the SM3's the proportions for left centre and right are very distinct
with the JH16's I find it hard to tell the difference between all three, as the sound seems to be coming all from the same location

With this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5G3HUiscW4 when i used the SM3's the realistic sound blew me away. I was flabbergasted

but couldn't really tell the effect with the 16s..

James

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #2,798 of 3,787

Quote:
Tight is good! Far better off without those, for a CIEM of this price range I think spending the extra time/money to get a refit is far better off then using a temp solution.

I think the only reason you would use these would be if you use CIEM while being very active and would need a extremely tight fit for cases if they'd fell out you'd definitely lose/destroy them. 

3 times refit did not get the fit perfect. I am a hard man to please. Eventually I found out that even though I kept asking for a complete remold on the right side, all that was done was adding/removing, which doesn't fix it as the shape of the nozzle on body is not optimal.

Like I said, if you have used acrylic iem before, you will notice the annoying occlusion effect. Compared to something like a Westone 4 with foam tips, the occlusion effect is louder on my JH16 than on my friend's Westone 4. 

And also, the isolation on acrylic iem are sub-par compared to something like an Etymotic with the triple flange, at least from my experience.

It's all for a better fit and isolation.

Feb 14, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #2,799 of 3,787

Quote:
3 times refit did not get the fit perfect. I am a hard man to please. Eventually I found out that even though I kept asking for a complete remold on the right side, all that was done was adding/removing, which doesn't fix it as the shape of the nozzle on body is not optimal.

You must have a lot of patience. Many people would have just given up. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #2,800 of 3,787
Good god I wouldve been pretty upset about that.

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #2,801 of 3,787

Quote:
Is anyone waiting for their JH16's at the moment? What's the expected turnaround period for this time of the year, and how do I find out my place in the queue? THANKS!

I have a pair of JH16s in the queue.  JH received my impressions on Jan 21.  I called Shelley yesterday for a status update...she told me first week in March.  So the current wait time appears to be +/- 7 weeks.  Hopefully yours come quicker.

Feb 17, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #2,803 of 3,787
They finally shipped it!  STILL i'm receiving it on Monday because the weekends....  :frowning2:((
I have a BIG mixed feeling...about jh16,  I would love this jh16.  or I would hate this jh16.
I would probably regret about jh16.......but I WOULD LOVE IT!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back