JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Nov 29, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #2,611 of 3,787
My order is 326, they have my impressions for almost two weeks now, the FAQ says 11 to 14 business days, so I guess I just have to wait. 

The lack of information is really annoying, I just want to know if everything is going smooth during the process, I don't want to end up with a 1k iem with crappy artwork. 

I am a little disappointed with customer service. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #2,612 of 3,787

Quote:
My order is 326, they have my impressions for almost two weeks now, the FAQ says 11 to 14 business days, so I guess I just have to wait. 

The lack of information is really annoying, I just want to know if everything is going smooth during the process, I don't want to end up with a 1k iem with crappy artwork. 

I am a little disappointed with customer service. 

I don't think you need to worry so much, if anything is going wrong they will definitely contact you. They are also probably stacked with orders and emails from the Thanksgiving sale so are a little behind in responses, maybe shoot them another email.  At least JH have some sort of information, unlike when ordering from UM you don't know anything about how the process is going until they are shipped.

Dec 1, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #2,614 of 3,787

Quote:
.. What? There was a thanksgiving sale?

Indeed. It was from the 24th-27 +1 day extension so it really ended on the 28th. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #2,617 of 3,787

Quote:
I am disappointed about the customer service too. Sent them couple emails but there was no reply from them.

My CS experiences have always been positive with them. I always get an email back the next day. Check your spam folder, it happened to me since it is often a different rep at JH replying to your emails. Alternatively, you could call them. They always pick up.

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #2,618 of 3,787

Quote:
My CS experiences have always been positive with them. I always get an email back the next day. Check your spam folder, it happened to me since it is often a different rep at JH replying to your emails. Alternatively, you could call them. They always pick up.

+1, my experience with JHA customer service is nothing but positive. I was having a series of problems with my order during the Thanksgiving sale. Trying emailing either Brittany or Jaime (are they are whole family?) Harvey and they will help you with your problems with utmost patience and immediacy.

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #2,619 of 3,787
Yeah. they are really responsive. They replied my emails in 2-3 hours at most.

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #2,620 of 3,787
Do all custom IEM companies use the same process for creating the product from the molds you send them - and do they store this data electronically or something?

I'm contemplating reshelling a pair of TF10's, but quality impressions are expensive around here. I figured JH might have some .earmold file (lol) laying around, so I wouldn't have to get a new set (the ones I got locally were rubbish, had to pick some up on a holiday in the states)

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #2,621 of 3,787
Many companies keep the impressions either on a computer(ultimate ears) or actually keep the impressions(westone). I am not sure how JH does things but you could give them a call. 

Quote:
Do all custom IEM companies use the same process for creating the product from the molds you send them - and do they store this data electronically or something?

I'm contemplating reshelling a pair of TF10's, but quality impressions are expensive around here. I figured JH might have some .earmold file (lol) laying around, so I wouldn't have to get a new set (the ones I got locally were rubbish, had to pick some up on a holiday in the states)

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #2,623 of 3,787
Well. I've finally finished reading every single post in this thread, and dropped the ball during that thanksgiving sale. 

80% of this thread is about fit issues, and I hope I'm the other 20%

As shipping from Australia for refits is gonna be a costly process, don't mind the wait, cos I've got a um3x to keep me busy till then

I listen to mainly alternative stuff, and post-punk rock. Bands such as arctic monkeys, franz ferdinand, kasabian, two door cinema club etc
I've also been a fan of house and dance in the past. 

I don't consider myself a bass head, as I learnt to appreciate the sm3's and coming to the um3x, the bass was quiet strong, but getting used to it

I'll post impressions in a bout a months time or so when I receive them, and hope not to contribute to the 80% of fit problems :frowning2:

Was going to pull the trigger on the UM miracles, but inconsistency on UMAus email response lost it for me. Although there might be probs with JH in QC, communication seems to be pretty consistent, and thats one thing that I value.

Hopefully I'll enjoy the 16s, and my impressions will help others on the fence :)

Had owned the Ie8's, Tf10s, SM3s, CK100s, W3s and the SFpros and currently owning the Um3x. SM3's and the SFpros were my fav from memory so we'll see how the 16s compare

Cheers
James

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #2,625 of 3,787
Just got my tracking number today :D The ETA was tomorrow but I am skeptical if it will arrive then cause it's going across customs. Oh well, I've already waited 2 months and made 4 sets of impressions, I can live with 5 more days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back