JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Oct 19, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #2,551 of 3,787
People. Try this. Switch the cable connection! I just did. now all my left sounds right. all the right sounds left. I actually found this helps a little.. If you don't mind the sound switching (it sounds equally good, just completely in opposite directions). The amazing part is all sound still comes from the back of your head. If the centre channel sounds towards the opposite directions, that means it's due to the recording. if you still same the problem. that definitely means you have the volume imbalance.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #2,552 of 3,787

Quote:
 So I can conclude it's definitely not the volume imbalance. it's either the recording or it's the drivers. Probably the 8 drivers are so sensitive they separate and reproduce everything single detail as accurately as possible which can't be noticed by dual or three drivers! And that's the only way to explain it! (or you can say the cable connectors produce sounds with different volumes)

I agree that the left to right separation of detail is insane and I was thinking that that could be it.  Like, yea, the bassist is left of center, etc, etc....but I could still never get over the total predominance favoring the one side with every band.  Plus I never heard it that way on the JH13 which should be pretty equal to JH16 in terms of multi-drivers and crazy instrument separation.  JH13 presentation was centered perfectly.

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #2,553 of 3,787
I used to have a channel imbalance problem (center skewed towards right). It took at least 4-5 re-fits before it went away. Then it came back again and I had to do a second re-mold on my right monitor before it was finally fixed and remains corrected until now (crosses fingers).

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #2,554 of 3,787
How long did you guys wait to get your JH16's made? I know they received my impressions in the mail last week but they told me they were out at RMAF so nothing got opened and stuff and they were starting this week.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #2,555 of 3,787
They had received my earmolds on last saturday and the status of my order has been changed from payment received to order processed on this Monday. Will they change the status to shipped once they shipped them or send me the tracking number ? btw, i had chosen the ups 2 days and living in PA. Or i will just get my 16pro without any notice?

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #2,556 of 3,787
Processed only means that you are now in their system records as an order that needs to be worked on. From my understanding, that is 3-4 weeks. They probably should send you a tracking number though and update the status with things like "in the lab" and "shipped" though.

Oct 22, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #2,557 of 3,787
what is your status now?

Quote:
Processed only means that you are now in their system records as an order that needs to be worked on. From my understanding, that is 3-4 weeks. They probably should send you a tracking number though and update the status with things like "in the lab" and "shipped" though.

Oct 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #2,558 of 3,787

Quote:
They had received my earmolds on last saturday and the status of my order has been changed from payment received to order processed on this Monday. Will they change the status to shipped once they shipped them or send me the tracking number ? btw, i had chosen the ups 2 days and living in PA. Or i will just get my 16pro without any notice?

When I ordered my JH13s about a month ago, the only communication I got from JH audio was the email with my reciept in it. Other than that nothing. The website said "Processing" the entire time. It wasn't until after I got a shipping notice from UPS(not JH audio), that the status of my order changed to "earmolds recieved."
 All in all though I did recieve my JH13s within a week and a half of sending them my ear molds and I haven't had any problems with them. The sound great!
Guess I'm just trying to tell you to be patient, they are working on your IEMs despite the lack of communication. Oh and it will definetly be worth the wait

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #2,559 of 3,787
i just wanna make sure that they are working on it now. I can wait anyway. They said that they will finish them in 5-7days and i hope i would get it soon.

Quote:
When I ordered my JH13s about a month ago, the only communication I got from JH audio was the email with my reciept in it. Other than that nothing. The website said "Processing" the entire time. It wasn't until after I got a shipping notice from UPS(not JH audio), that the status of my order changed to "earmolds recieved." All in all though I did recieve my JH13s within a week and a half of sending them my ear molds and I haven't had any problems with them. The sound great!
Guess I'm just trying to tell you to be patient, they are working on your IEMs despite the lack of communication. Oh and it will definetly be worth the wait

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #2,560 of 3,787
And what do you mean you've got a shipping notice from UPS?

Quote:
When I ordered my JH13s about a month ago, the only communication I got from JH audio was the email with my reciept in it. Other than that nothing. The website said "Processing" the entire time. It wasn't until after I got a shipping notice from UPS(not JH audio), that the status of my order changed to "earmolds recieved." All in all though I did recieve my JH13s within a week and a half of sending them my ear molds and I haven't had any problems with them. The sound great!

Oct 24, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #2,561 of 3,787
Dear JH16pro users, just got new cables from double-helix cables and was wondering how to plug in the pins to the earpiece correctly.   should the colored dot on the pins be facing upwards or downwards?     I guess it should be facing upwards like the original cables.  Just to be sure.   Thanks for any advise.   

Oct 24, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #2,562 of 3,787
upwards blue to blue, red to red. 
Quote:
Dear JH16pro users, just got new cables from double-helix cables and was wondering how to plug in the pins to the earpiece correctly.   should the colored dot on the pins be facing upwards or downwards?     I guess it should be facing upwards like the original cables.  Just to be sure.   Thanks for any advise.   

Oct 25, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #2,564 of 3,787
My status is "in the lab" which I guess means they have been working on them. However, my order was placed on their "old system" and therefore I can no longer get updates. I contacted Jamie from JHA and he said he would try to have customer service provide me with updates, but I don't think it has happened. No biggie anyways, time isn't crucial/

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #2,565 of 3,787
had called jaime today and she said that they will ship my order on this thursday so i may get it on saturday, great!  Btw , my status is still "order processe" . 

Quote:
My status is "in the lab" which I guess means they have been working on them. However, my order was placed on their "old system" and therefore I can no longer get updates. I contacted Jamie from JHA and he said he would try to have customer service provide me with updates, but I don't think it has happened. No biggie anyways, time isn't crucial/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back