JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Apr 28, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #2,296 of 3,787
Unlucky for us in the APAC region it will take us 30 days to wait for our customs.
frown.gif

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #2,297 of 3,787
I had a lack of treble, and think I figured it out, so refit 3... The problem was the tip is beveled towards to the front of my head, instead of into the ear canal, so they will have to re-angle the tip....

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 1, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #2,298 of 3,787

*UPDATE*

My order status never changed to "in the lab" - JHAudio was just busy in getting my IEMs built and shipped. They shipped on Friday (only 6 business days after receiving my earmolds, falling right into the estimate listed on the website).

Now I get to wait for them to reach me here in Switzerland and hope that I don't have any issues with customs.

Quote:
I never did get a status update past them getting my ear impressions. One day I got notice they shipped out and that was really it. It took from Friday(they got my impressions) of one week till the Monday 10 full days later(so 5 business days total) and I had them in my hands .Each refit took about the same amount of time. Send them in to them and they would typically get them on Monday or Tuesday and I would usually get notice of shipping on Thursday but since those were refits they did not take as long. I would not be too worried about things. They have some issues like any company and can drop the ball but they will make it right with you.

May 2, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #2,299 of 3,787
Hi guys. I am considering buying either a set of JH16 or an AlgoRythym. I can't really afford to get both together at the same time so was wondering which would make the biggest improvement to my listening? I am currently using an iPod classic 5g with an iBasso D12 and UE triple fi 10's.

Thanks for your help.

Could you also let me know how long it normally takes from order to dispatch on the Jh16?

Thanks again.

May 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #2,301 of 3,787
Quote:
Hi guys. I am considering buying either a set of JH16 or an AlgoRythym. I can't really afford to get both together at the same time so was wondering which would make the biggest improvement to my listening? I am currently using an iPod classic 5g with an iBasso D12 and UE triple fi 10's.

Thanks for your help.

Could you also let me know how long it normally takes from order to dispatch on the Jh16?

Thanks again.

I'd definitely go for the JH16!
Once they have your impressions, it should go fairly quick.
It took them 2 days to assemble and ship mine.

May 3, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #2,302 of 3,787
Excellent. Thanks for that. Looks like it is time to see an audiologist. Then I need to pick a colour design.

I have ummed and arrr'd for a couple of weeks about the possible benefits of each. Good to have some clarity.

May 5, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #2,303 of 3,787
Ive had my 16 pros for almost a year now, LOVE THEM! I used to b really good about cleaning them regularly, but now because of finals at school, I have some serious wax build up. Im using the tool to pick at it, and its getting most off, but not off enough. Anyone use like a little cleaning alcohol or anything to break up the wax build up? Any recommendations would b great! thanx!

May 5, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #2,304 of 3,787
Somebody help me out this is driving me mad.

Have had my JH16 about a week and they have about 12-15 hours on them.  I believe I have a very slight channel imbalance thing going.  I detect a very slight more viciseral effect on my left side.  It is always the left side but not 100% of the time....seems to come and go.  I have spent hours on this trying to figure this out because it is very subtle.  I've switched out same songs with my JH5's and don't hear the same effect however the JH5's generally sound more "centered" where the JH16's sound VERY WIDE in their presentation and there is a lot of left and right instrument separation going on.   I am certain it is NOT the fit as both pieces fit perfect.  Has anyone experienced this?

1. Not sure if I received them like this or something changed?
  2. Could driver burn-in cause this?  Jerry told me he believes 50 hours for the BA's to settle in but I never recall an imbalance thing before with burn-in.
  3. It would seem impossible to tell whether it is a volume thing or a mis-firing driver?
  4. Is there a way to test this before sending back?  I presume they would have to completely take the IEM apart?  Can it be tested without wrecking the IEM?  Is there an SPL test of some type?
  5. With 8 drivers per side I suppose it would be hard to know if one wasn't working.  When they do final QC how do they know all are working right?

Comments, feedback most welcome.

May 5, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #2,305 of 3,787
The next step is to mix everything to mono and see if the effect still persists.

May 6, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #2,306 of 3,787
I have booked my ear fitting for next week.  Then another week or two of saving and then bingo. JH16s!!..

I have checked out the website and there seems to be a few options.  I really like the look of clear iems with just the JH logos and picture. 

Is there anything that I should consider?  These are expensive enough so dont want to go too crazy.  I need to save some money for a new Schiit home amp coming out later in the year.

May 9, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #2,307 of 3,787
Choose well Kremer930, as these will most likely be the last IEMs you'll ever own :)

Make sure you get really good impressions as JHA can only work with what you've given them.

I went to their recommended audiologists in London (the same audiologists that do Coldplays ears!).

JHA turned them around in a week and they arrived at my UK doorstep after leaving theirs in 3 days.

Fit was perfect first time *PHEW*

May 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #2,308 of 3,787

Quote:
I have booked my ear fitting for next week.  Then another week or two of saving and then bingo. JH16s!!..

I have checked out the website and there seems to be a few options.  I really like the look of clear iems with just the JH logos and picture. 

Is there anything that I should consider?  These are expensive enough so dont want to go too crazy.  I need to save some money for a new Schiit home amp coming out later in the year.

Remember, these are small and made of acrylic and in your ear.

Simple and classy is the way to go. I think you're on the right track.

May 9, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #2,309 of 3,787

Quote:
Somebody help me out this is driving me mad.

Have had my JH16 about a week and they have about 12-15 hours on them.  I believe I have a very slight channel imbalance thing going.  I detect a very slight more viciseral effect on my left side.  It is always the left side but not 100% of the time....seems to come and go.  I have spent hours on this trying to figure this out because it is very subtle.  I've switched out same songs with my JH5's and don't hear the same effect however the JH5's generally sound more "centered" where the JH16's sound VERY WIDE in their presentation and there is a lot of left and right instrument separation going on.   I am certain it is NOT the fit as both pieces fit perfect.  Has anyone experienced this?

1. Not sure if I received them like this or something changed?
  2. Could driver burn-in cause this?  Jerry told me he believes 50 hours for the BA's to settle in but I never recall an imbalance thing before with burn-in.
  3. It would seem impossible to tell whether it is a volume thing or a mis-firing driver?
  4. Is there a way to test this before sending back?  I presume they would have to completely take the IEM apart?  Can it be tested without wrecking the IEM?  Is there an SPL test of some type?
  5. With 8 drivers per side I suppose it would be hard to know if one wasn't working.  When they do final QC how do they know all are working right?

Comments, feedback most welcome.

You haven't heard this on your other iems, so it's a problem. Don't drive yourself nuts.

It's not burn-in. Other people have had the same issue with other customs, they attributed it to armature placement in the earpiece--obviously I can't confirm that this is the cause, but it's an interesting theory. Westone's ES5 had it for a few folks and Westone was cool about remaking them--problem solved in all cases.
Send it back have them rebuild both earpieces, not only one.

May 9, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #2,310 of 3,787

Quote:
 used to b really good about cleaning them regularly, but now because of finals at school, I have some serious wax build up. Im using the tool to pick at it, and its getting most off, but not off enough. Anyone use like a little cleaning alcohol or anything to break up the wax build up? Any recommendations would b great! thanx!

Never use alcohol on your acrylic customs.

Also, don't blow on the custom, sending pieces of wax further into the earpiece.

Hold the earpiece upside down when you clean them so wax doesn't fall via gravity further into the earpiece.

Check out audiowipes on amazon, there are several products and one of them might be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back