JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jul 6, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #1,606 of 3,787

Quote:
Well I placed my order today (order number 1795) for a pair of 16's in  transparent Black Eye Blue. After reading more here and looking at the JH Audio Facebook page I decided not to go with artwork. I did request for JH 16 Pro to be printed going down one side and Hear No Evil coming back up the other side in Titanium on both of the face plate. UPS is not running here in the states today so my impressions will go out tomorrow (2nd day) and should be to Florida by Thursday. The wait begins.

Good luck and as long as your fit is good first time then you will have many happy hours with your 16's for sure.

Not sure if you did, but you should of just had a chat about the art with Zac and asked if it was possible to get it to come out as good as we see it in your avatar then you would of at least known if it could be done, but i'm sure even with how you described how you are going to have it should look good. Look forward to seeing that ; )

Oh and the question you asked me Brad in your other post "would i send back for the artwork to be redone even if i did not need a refit?"

A; On this occasion with the factors that have led to my issues would be Yes as i know after talking to Zac he has agreed it should not of been like that in the first place with certain aspects and can correct it and was not down to limitations in the applied method, maybe will not be a 100% spot on to the slick photo shop mock up perhaps, but at least clear up some of the basic issues which should of not occurred despite there been various anomalies that came about in factoring the final finish i did receive.

I only originally went with art on my 16's as i had always wanted the devil as a tattoo, but never had the bottle! lol, and thought this would be the second best thing to have when i found out you could have art on custom's.

When i was originally lurking on the 13 thread's before the 16's came about i was hesitant as they used a different method for the art back then which involved a hand painted approach but there was hit and miss reports with that from owners until the new method came along  just as i was ready to order my pair and the first few with the new scanning method was a breath of fresh air and quite impressive and a improvement over the  limitations of the old method so decided to go with the devil art, but it seem's as time as gone certain issues have arisen with the new method for whatever reason's.

I get the impression though it is not a perfected methodology yet and the way JHA advertise the art option service could be improved in a way that could save both customer's and the crew in the JH hanger a lot of time and disappointment on the customers part if they implemented some form of guidelines & info to help potential customers who want artwork, maybe faq's, for popular Q's like required/best dpi's to send in for example  plus proper colour charts with (360 pop up of the shell colour) for starter's would improve the whole method and concept with the pre-purchase art side of thing's perhap's.

Maybe it is still a learning progressive thing and JHA will perfect the methods involved to get art more consistent over some of the hurdles that can cause issues and will not be so much of an issue in the future?  and just in time for when i get my second pair of JHpro's!?

Just my cogs grinding on the subject late at night!.

Jul 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #1,608 of 3,787
Quotes:
Quote:
FortisFlyer75 said:

Like the way you done the spoiler drag down boxes, not sure how you done it but would be good feature to have on here for when scrolling through posts.

Quote:
cooperpwc said:

Indeed, nbkz. Please share the trick.
^___^ I'm glad you like the little thing with the spoilers. I'm not sure how the software designer intended to use the "spoilers" button, but it seems a little buggy.

Ideally, we should be able to highlight what we want to put in the spoilers, and just click the spoiler button next to the quote button.
Doesn't seem to work as intended a lot of the times. The trick I find is to spam enter and pad the spoiler contents with empty lines before and after, highlight, then spoilers. If it goes wrong and ending up replaced by a yellow box, you can copy/paste the content in there.
Otherwise, for me, the easiest way is to...

...add the html tags driectly on the "Source" side of the post.
Something like:

<div class="spoiler">                         <--------Beginning Tag of the Spoilers
....anything you want here....
</div>                                                <--------Ending Tag of the Spoilers

Just stick the tags anywhere you want, it'll work ^__~

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #1,609 of 3,787
Hey FortisFlyer,

I actually did call and talked with Zac and asked if I could forward him the artwork as I was not sure if it could be done,what color of faceplate to go with etc etc. I never received an e-mail reply. Which to be honest the guy needs to be doing his job not sending e-mails back and forth to someone who at that point has not even placed an order yet.

It is funny that you mention the tattoo and my thoughts were along those same line.

Originally I was not going to go with any artwork but when I saw a couple of very detailed mock ups on the JH Facebook page I  thought they looked incredible. It was later after talking with you and reading a few other posts couple that I decided that I would forgo the artwork.

I agree the JH artwork has not been perfected. I also think that the mock ups look so good that it is leading to false expectation's which may lead to disappointment.

I went to a local Audiologist who had never heard of customs before. He was good to work with and did not take issue with the fact that i brought a tips sheet in with me. However he did not have a block. I was going to bring a 1 inch piece of Styrofoam with me but completely forgot. He has me open my mouth wide, but only for the first 2 minutes. He also only let the silicone sit in my ears for 4 minutes because he said my ears canals have a strange shape to them. If I do not get a perfect fit then I will take my customs and go to a Audiologist who is listed on the JH page as one of their Rock-Star Audiologist's and have impressions done over.

Brad

Jul 7, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #1,610 of 3,787
My audiologist didn't have a block either.What I did is crawl my finger and make it shape like a hook and then put it between my teeth.or get a the cap of a bottle of water and put it vertically between your teeth.

Jul 7, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #1,612 of 3,787
Heres my JH16's comparison with the original picture.

I had my friend create the Original picture.

Jul 7, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #1,613 of 3,787
Jul 7, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #1,615 of 3,787

Quote:
^ it means 'never mind'.

Thanks for explaining Koonhua90. 

Not sure in what context he was meant to be using that in relation to my post, but nvm!

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #1,619 of 3,787
I was wondering if anyone has gotten a chance to try ALO audio's aftermarket cables?
they have two of them for sale if i recall correctly.
I'd really like to know if they would offer the same sort of improvement as the TWag cable.

Hope someone has some impressions to share!

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #1,620 of 3,787

Quote:
Oh,I wasn't commenting on your post Fortis,i wrote in the wrong thread.sorry for the that.

No worry's Midoo, I did not realise what "nvm" stood for in the first place (which Koonhua kindly explained to me) and if it was a reply to my post or not.

It left me all confused and stumped, which does not take much by the way! ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back