JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
May 16, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #841 of 3,787

Quote:
Does anyone know how long the lead time is between JH Audio receiving impressions and sending out the JH16s?   I have been waiting for ten weeks already.  Both times that I called JH Audio in the last month they told me that my order should ship out within a week...which hasn't happened.  A little frustrating, considering that Beth Orliss charged me the full purchase price over two months ago.    

They're still waiting for shipments of the balanced armatures for the JH16's. They said it should arrive this Monday.

May 17, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #842 of 3,787

Quote:
Does anyone know how long the lead time is between JH Audio receiving impressions and sending out the JH16s?   I have been waiting for ten weeks already.  Both times that I called JH Audio in the last month they told me that my order should ship out within a week...which hasn't happened.  A little frustrating, considering that Beth Orliss charged me the full purchase price over two months ago.    

same here (8 weeks)
frown.gif

payed a looooong time ago
isn't it a shame, that the missing parts should have been delivered exactly during the vulcano-problems-time?

May 17, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #843 of 3,787

Quote:

It was a hard decision this morning  , but it was in the end the JH16 pros!
I still want all three, who won that Euro lotto rollover??

Will elaborate further later as i am sleeping on the job here @ 1.30 am here in UK!

Congrats, John.  Now if you had listened to me in and pushed the button a month ago, you'd probably would have your JH16 Pros by now, or be close to getting them....
devil_face.gif

Thanks for posting your impressions based on the demo sessions.  It was educational for me as well, especially the UE18 Pros, which I haven't had a chance to listen to yet.

May 17, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #844 of 3,787

Quote:
How can I contact Jerry Harvey himself?what is his email?I sent an email to Brittany from 2 days and she didn't answer me.I need to contact one of them and not customer service.

I left a message with Jamie and asked her to have him call me, which he did.  He is currently touring with the Glee cast so expect some time before he returns your call or message but he has always gotten back to me.

May 17, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #845 of 3,787
^^its been 2 days now and i must know his answer to my question before i travel.i also sent an email to Brittany 4 days ago  and she also didnt answer me back.is Jaime jerry's daughter?can you pm me her email because i cant find any contact info on JH website?i will ask her to tell Jerry about my email.thanks

May 17, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #847 of 3,787

Quote:
^^its been 2 days now and i must know his answer to my question before i travel.i also sent an email to Brittany 4 days ago  and she also didnt answer me back.is Jaime jerry's daughter?can you pm me her email because i cant find any contact info on JH website?i will ask her to tell Jerry about my email.thanks

PM sent

May 17, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #848 of 3,787
I've never gotten Brittany/Jamie to every respond to any of my emails that i've sent in the past. Zac is pretty good about it though, and Jerry always has gotten back to me but I never bug him unless its something only he can answer.

Usual best bet is to send the message to the general email they have, then someone picks it up from the queue it seems.

May 17, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #849 of 3,787

Quote:

Well you're not alone....An entire group of us are waiting here at Singapore too. I guess we got caught when they ran out of drivers to be used and had to source for more from Europe...and the iceland bit happened.

I guess it may be a week or two before the 16s get shipped out again.

May 17, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #850 of 3,787
I certainly hope they clear up the traffic jam soon. I keep coming back to this thread hoping to read impressions of the JH16s but instead I get impressions of what it is like to wait for the JH16s (concensus seems to be not very much fun.)

May 17, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #851 of 3,787

Quote:
I've never gotten Brittany/Jamie to every respond to any of my emails that i've sent in the past. Zac is pretty good about it though, and Jerry always has gotten back to me but I never bug him unless its something only he can answer.

Usual best bet is to send the message to the general email they have, then someone picks it up from the queue it seems.

i sent email to the whole family Jerry,Brittany and Jamie.it is something that only Brittany or Jerry can answer.i hope they get on me soon.

May 17, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #852 of 3,787

Quote:
Congrats, John.  Now if you had listened to me in and pushed the button a month ago, you'd probably would have your JH16 Pros by now, or be close to getting them....
devil_face.gif

Thanks for posting your impressions based on the demo sessions.  It was educational for me as well, especially the UE18 Pros, which I haven't had a chance to listen to yet.

Had to be sure that by getting to demo them so i could hear for myself for peace of mind at this price!. lol

To be honest it took a couple of days to find the sweet spot in the ear with the 16 demo and until then i was favoring the 13pro's and it was still a photo finish as to which one i would go with when it come to the crunch. I just hope i have made the right choice!

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing though ; ) it will be worth the wait i am sure as i am now in a very long queue now : (

Yes despite this been the 16 thread i found all three that i demoed at this level all sound great, but it is not until you compare them you get torn especially when i potentially might only have one shot at having a pair of customs at this price and will have to last a good number of years.

Must admit though i am already contemplating though maybe getting a second pair like you have next year, one for solely on the go and maybe one permanently with a balanced cable attached for home reference use and also one acts as a back up if one happens to freak out! (don't think i could face universal iem's after hearing these!)

Question is would i go with the JH13Pro or the UE18? hmmm......

Don't know if it was educational, might hopefully help others in the same position as i was until i got to hear the demo's, nothing as in depth as your 13 & 16 pro comparison editorial you done! ; ) 
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #855 of 3,787

Quote:
Had to be sure that by getting to demo them so i could hear for myself for peace of mind at this price!. lol

To be honest it took a couple of days to find the sweet spot in the ear with the 16 demo and until then i was favoring the 13pro's and it was still a photo finish as to which one i would go with when it come to the crunch. I just hope i have made the right choice!

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing though ; ) it will be worth the wait i am sure as i am now in a very long queue now : (

Yes despite this been the 16 thread i found all three that i demoed at this level all sound great, but it is not until you compare them you get torn especially when i potentially might only have one shot at having a pair of customs at this price and will have to last a good number of years.

Must admit though i am already contemplating though maybe getting a second pair like you have next year, one for solely on the go and maybe one permanently with a balanced cable attached for home reference use and also one acts as a back up if one happens to freak out! (don't think i could face universal iem's after hearing these!)

Question is would i go with the JH13Pro or the UE18? hmmm......

Don't know if it was educational, might hopefully help others in the same position as i was until i got to hear the demo's, nothing as in depth as your 13 & 16 pro comparison editorial you done! ; ) 
beerchug.gif

As long as you are comparing stuff you actually audited, we will all benefit, even if only demo versions.  It's only certain opinions based on pure hearsay and conjuncture that waste bandwidth and our time, IMHO.

At this level it is exceedingly difficult to make a selection, I would imagine, since I have yet to hear a UE18 Pro demo.  I'm sure it's a very good IEM, even without the touch of Jerry H.  At any rate, Logitech is known for bigger sales the JHA, so if you're lucky, you may get one for a lot cheaper than the $1,349 list price+fees.  

The recent sale of the JH13Pro at $899 wasn't bad either, wish I could have foreseen it.  I guess Jerry wanted to keep the troops busy while they were waiting for the JH16Pro parts.  They guy clearly knows how to run a business...
biggrin.gif

Enjoy your sweet anticipation, John!  You've earned it.  I'll just listen to some more music now on my JH16s...
devil_face.gif
  Sorry, couldn't resist...
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back