JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Apr 22, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #482 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey better you get your money back and not have to put up with their service anymore right? i'd be so glad if i got that result.

it sucks? well i'm looking for something a lot smaller than the pelican 1010, which i've got and now neglect. i'd like something small enough to hang on my jeans.

Get the westone clam shell case.I use it for my 4(now 3 customs) with TWag.

Small footprint, easy to carry around, adequate protection and CHEAP.

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #483 of 3,787
I received a email from JH Audio this afternoon with those 3 little heavenly words..."IN THE LAB"!! I'm a happy camper!!!

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #485 of 3,787
Eggroll, I hope my lead time is as short as yours - I just placed my order, and I'm having my impressions taken on Saturday. I think the next couple of weeks are going to be loooooong...

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #486 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbeaumont001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eggroll, I hope my lead time is as short as yours - I just placed my order, and I'm having my impressions taken on Saturday. I think the next couple of weeks are going to be loooooong...

The wait time is brutal!! lol I even overnighted my molds to them and paid extra for overnight shipping back to cut a couple days off the wait. Good luck, The next 3 weeks will suck!
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #487 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, Thanks for all the impressions.
I really should go custom one of these days and settle with a final portable setup (hifiman anyone) but I live in the netherlands, this would be my first custom iem an dI am afraid of fit issues/having to send them back over the pond.
Here you cant just go to an audiologist but you would have to go to and trust a store that sells hearing aids.
I am also afraid in a year or two my ears will change (i did read somewhere that your ear canals keep changing) and they wont fit anymore.
I think i would like them but no opportunity to demo them so that risk still exists too.
Greetings, Anouk,

Hi Anouk,

My experience ordering JH13pro's living in the Netherlands: I ordered straight from the JH Audio website. For the ear impressions, I went to a audiologist, first at a hearing aid shop in my home town Leiden. The person who made my impressions was not really familiar with IEMs, so I decided to get a second opinion. I went to a Schoonenberg shop (its a franchise, they are everywhere in the Netherlands) at my place of employment (Amsterdam Bijlmer). Again a helpful audiologist who, this time, was familiar with IEMs. Lesson is I guess to try to find an audiologist who is familiar with IEMs (and understands why you have to have your mouth open when the silicon sets in your ears). Show them the leaflet you can find at the JH Audio website with the requirements for impressions. Price for these impressions was about 25 euros by the way. These second impressions were done correctly: my 13's are a perfect fit.
I also emailed with Marcel at audique home - AUDIQUE (contact info is on the website). He is the Dutch dealer for JH Audio. Although I didn't order through him he was really helpful. So if you are not comfortable ordering directly, you can order through him and get local service. He also makes ear impressions and seems like an experienced and knowledgeable guy. Maybe he has a demo pair (I didn't ask).

Hope this helps, good luck getting them. They are awesome and definately worth it.

Erik

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #488 of 3,787
Has any one got low profile versions done of their JH16's or 13's for that matter as i have not found to much on this and my order goes in next friday when i demo the 13 & 16's and it would be for aesthetic reasons only and not helmet wear but would love to know how low profile versions look in the ear to the standard profile?

Just ask with my order going in soon and know a couple of 13pro owners have mentioned after they received their customs in standard profile that they wish had it done in low profile in retrospect, for them again just from an aesthetic stance they preffered it this way and want to be sure which profile i will prefer as i worry about the scenario of the fit been great first time of but having to send them all the way back across the pond over the shell profile.

Any pics with someone wearing a low profile to to get an idea would be appreciated greatly
wink_face.gif

(have looked on the JH facebook albums but would not know for sure the pics that have people showing them in their ear if they are low or standard fit profile for sure)

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #489 of 3,787
I ordered low profile versions. They sit quite flush indeed but I would doubt they would stick out so far anyway. Don't know 100% that i got low profile but they sit how I wanted

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #490 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by super_fied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh believe me, mine wasn't a result that i wanted. it was forced on me.

yup...but the otterbox really sucks to be honest.It's incredibly hard to open and close. My girlfriend and I just leave it at home.

Yeah it is hard to open but at least you know that if for some reason it falls whatever you have in it won't be all over the floor.

Apr 24, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #492 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by LintHart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered low profile versions. They sit quite flush indeed but I would doubt they would stick out so far anyway. Don't know 100% that i got low profile but they sit how I wanted

Can you please explain what's the low profile version ?

Apr 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #493 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you please explain what's the low profile version ?

Not 100% sure of method incorporated, but i think they shave a so many millimeters off the faceplate end so it does not stick out so much which is primarily for people who use helmets for example, so less chance of them getting caught when putting a helmet on.

Some people are having it done as a pure Aesthetic thing as it sits a bit more flush in the ear aparantly, but have not seen any comparison pics of standard and low profile so far to see which is the best to go with when i put my order in next Friday.

Low profile might be handy also i imagine for pillow listeners who like to lay in bed like myself!

Any pics from people out there with low profile with it in their ears would be a tremendous help just to see how much difference there is.

If i do not get to see any pics to determine before next friday i might just take a punt and have them done as "low profile" as it apparently does not harm or effect the SQ in anyway.

Have looked on the facebook albums, but there is no one far as i know who has a pic of a "low profile" in their ear.

Come on you low profilers, come out the closet!
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #494 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not 100% sure of method incorporated, but i think they shave a so many millimeters off the faceplate end so it does not stick out so much which is primarily for people who use helmets for example, so less chance of them getting caught when putting a helmet on.

Some people are having it done as a pure Aesthetic thing as it sits a bit more flush in the ear aparantly, but have not seen any comparison pics of standard and low profile so far to see which is the best to go with when i put my order in next Friday.

Low profile might be handy also i imagine for pillow listeners who like to lay in bed like myself!

Any pics from people out there with low profile with it in their ears would be a tremendous help just to see how much difference there is.

If i do not get to see any pics to determine before next friday i might just take a punt and have them done as "low profile" as it apparently does not harm or effect the SQ in anyway.

Have looked on the facebook albums, but there is no one far as i know who has a pic of a "low profile" in their ear.

Come on you low profilers, come out the closet!
biggrin.gif

Doesnt affect the sound and perfect for pillow sleeping ...?Thats a must then why don't do all that way does it costs more ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back