JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Apr 8, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #316 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by maguire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Linthart, its sure is great to hear your really lovin those 16's, so Jude was spot on then....Now i cant wait to get on board .
But first i need the cash to splash.......
Hey i wonder whats going to go down when you finally get the Twag cable?
Sonic Nirvana........Eargasmic.....can it get even better?

You don't need the 16s to have it sound amazing with the TWag. The TWag cable brings my 13s and 18s to another level altogether when fully burnt in.
smile.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #317 of 3,787
Thanks again LintHart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me, JH13 is already standing on a fine silk line between being a basshead IEM and not a basshead IEM.

These posts are coming up a lot and I'm sure more will follow. In his initial impressions, Jude clearly described himself as a non-basshead and actually prefers neutrality. Guess what? He currently prefers the JH16's over the more neutral JH13's. Just something to think about.

I think most people were expecting a UE10 vs UE11 type of difference while this is clearly not the case. It seems more like the JH13's, who are perfectionists and like to have fun, vs their evil twin, the JH16's, who like to have even more fun but have ADD.

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #318 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks again LintHart.

These posts are coming up a lot and I'm sure more will follow. In his initial impressions, Jude clearly described himself as a non-basshead and actually prefers neutrality. Guess what? He currently prefers the JH16's over the more neutral JH13's. Just something to think about.

I think most people were expecting a UE10 vs UE11 type of difference while this is clearly not the case. It seems more like the JH13's, who are perfectionists and like to have fun, vs their evil twin, the JH16's, who like to have even more fun but have ADD.

Same reason why i ordered the 16s after 10 minutes of auditioning...they're really fun!

Apr 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #319 of 3,787
I finally took the plunge...I just sent in my molds for a pair of JH16's!! I'm so stoked to finally experience the audio phenomenon that all you have been talking about!! I just hope the wait time isn't too unbearable...lol

Apr 8, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #321 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggroll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally took the plunge...I just sent in my molds for a pair of JH16's!! I'm so stoked to finally experience the audio phenomenon that all you have been talking about!! I just hope the wait time isn't too unbearable...lol

Just stop coming to the forum and get occupied you will be fine.

Apr 8, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #322 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just stop coming to the forum and get occupied you will be fine.

LOL! Easier said than done...right? Cute dog in your Avy BTW

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #323 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by minnow12160 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got off the phone with Jaime at JH Audio. I have one more day before I have to decide between whether I want the 13s or 16s (they have my molds and $). My issue is I don't listen to electronic or sample based music at all. I'm a classic rock (Stones, Dead, Little Feat, Dylan, Clapton, Allman Bros.), Govt. Mule, Widespread Panic, Wilco, Ben Harper, Madeleine Peyroux, Bluegrass, Country and Jazz guy.

Plus, while I am not a bass head, I certainly do like solid low end if I can get it. And I will listen mostly through my iPod Video/ALO Rx combo.

So...Jude, Linthart or anyone else who has heard the 13s and 16s, can you give me any advice on which of these two excellent options might be better for me?

Hi Minnow,

I am yet to choose between 13 or 16's and will be listening to the demo models end of April at my dealer in the UK to make my decision which obviously does not help you much but have to say i like your taste in tunes, I listen to a lot if Stones, Clapton (cream also) and Ben Harper also and can only imagine them sounding as i have never heard them before by what i am reading about these customs on here, so cannot wait.

Can also only imagine the likes of Seasick Steve, Fleety Mac, Cash, Ryan Adams, Spencer Blues explotion to sound awesome with either the 13's or 16's
tongue_smile.gif

And for all you other bassheads like Linthart (bass kamikaze nut as i will refer to you Mr Linthart! lol
wink_face.gif
) i cannot wait to hear with the Electronica talk a page or so back and i know it does not come under the Electronica genre, but more dance for me me i suppose is stuff like Dark Globe, Rob D (dance with orchestra does it for me!) Moby, Appollo 440 early stuff, Unkle, i would think be well suited for the 16's extra bass extension.

One album that was my fav from 2009 i cannot wait to listen to will be Kings of Leon - Only by the Night just for the vocals and spaciousness of the sound just through the Senn ie8's, so god know what it will be like on Jerry's marvels.

Lastly if anyone who has actually listened to the demo pair of either 13 or 16's they then went on to buy whether they can tell me how different the demo where to the actual custom?

Just as i will be trying the demo's end of April was wandering how much change to expect to the actual customs when i get them terms of the SQ and Signature?
k701smile.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #324 of 3,787
As a still happy owner of a pair of UE-10, I'm wondering if there's anybody able to comment on the difference between these and the 13s and 16s. Would one of these be a worthy upgrade? I have an iPod Touch 2G (not the one with the faster processor, a 32GB second generation one).

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #325 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a still happy owner of a pair of UE-10, I'm wondering if there's anybody able to comment on the difference between these and the 13s and 16s. Would one of these be a worthy upgrade? I have an iPod Touch 2G (not the one with the faster processor, a 32GB second generation one).

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/j...4/#post6504459

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #327 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like JH16 is like JH13 with more bass but same clarity. Not very convinced about this but i suppose its possible, given that the existence of something like JH13 is possible.

i've heard the 16s and i went ahead to order the 16s anyway.They're not as neutral as the 13s and have this fuller sound somehow.Complements our 13s perfectly,rather than competing with it.

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #329 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by googleli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So which of 13 or 16 is my best bet if I already got the UE18 Pro?

if u want a more neutral spectrum to tweak around with,the 13s would be your better bet.

My 18s have been gone close to a month and i'm perfectly fine listening with my 13s

Apr 9, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #330 of 3,787

Users who are viewing this thread

Back