JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
May 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #2,971 of 3,787
having own a pair of 8A before i got my 16s, they are totally different beasts. Bass and prat factor on 16s is superior to that of 8As. 8As are excellent in its own way but it brings a totally different overall feel to the table as compared to jh16s

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #2,972 of 3,787
Hey guys,

I've noticed different comments about the fit of the JH16s (some saying they're just right, others saying they're a bit loose etc.).  Mine seem to fit my ears perfectly shape-wise, but they do feel a bit tight.  It bothers me for a few minutes when I first put them on and then it gets better, but it sure makes them excel in noise canceling and bass reproduction.  Is this normal, or should I send them for refitting?  I still have a couple of days within my 30 day free refitting period.

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #2,973 of 3,787
It's normal. You don't need any refitting. Also they won't be able to do anything if you just tell them they are too tight. Your ears will get used to the fitting over time. Mine felt tight too at first. Now I can easily insert them and they are even a little bit loose. Try to wear them more, you will get used to it. If you don't use it for over 2 weeks. Your ears will feel tight again. That's what I experienced.

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #2,975 of 3,787
Tupac- I am not sure. It is just a theory but it seemed to be true for me. My HE6 full sized cans have way more air and sparkle about them.

That said, I am now using an Alo Rx3 in my CLAS rig and it adds impressive extension at both ends. It is an awesome amp except if you like listening very quietly. At very low volumes, 0-1, it has channel imbalance but it clears out before I get to my usual listening range. Ken has offered to lower the gain for users of super efficient iems though.

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #2,976 of 3,787
Quote:
I am not sure. It is just a theory but it seemed to be true for me. My HE6 full sized cans have way more air and sparkle about them.
That said, I am now using an Alo Rx3 in my CLAS rig and it adds impressive extension at both ends. It is an awesome amp except if you like listening very quietly. At very low volumes, 0-1, it has channel imbalance but it clears out before I get to my usual listening range. Ken has offered to lower the gain for users of super efficient iems though.

Stay on topic! 
beyersmile.png

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #2,977 of 3,787
How is this off topic? I am making mention of an amp that adds extension at both ends of the frequency spectrum to my Jh16!

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #2,979 of 3,787
I may be hard of reading but I see absolutely no mentioning of the JH16 in your previous post, only talk about HE-6

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #2,980 of 3,787
That is cool. I realized that I should have made it more clear that I was responding to Tupacs comment about fitting of the JH16 where my theory is that the treble may be brighter depending on the angle that the JH16 port faces the ear drum.

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #2,981 of 3,787
Quote:
That is cool. I realized that I should have made it more clear that I was responding to Tupacs comment about fitting of the JH16 where my theory is that the treble may be brighter depending on the angle that the JH16 port faces the ear drum.

Maybe that's something else that can be added to CIEMs, adjustable port angles. A few degrees either way could add an interesting dynamic.

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #2,982 of 3,787
Thanks Kremer. I have already sent back my JH16 back to the JH audio. I will ask them to throughly clean my drivers and tubes. Also ask them to adjust the canal lengths and tune the sound. I hope they will resolve my sibilant problem.

U could be right about the angle how the tube points to my eardrum. I believe this is the sound signature of JH16 since I have heard lots of people commenting that JH16 has bright sound.

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #2,983 of 3,787
Quote:
Thanks for your reply Tupac.  How long did it take your JH16s to go from tight to loose and how frequently do you wear them?

It will usually loosen up within 2 weeks if you use them like everyday. I also have other IEMs. But JH16 was my first one. It was really tight before, but after the usage of other IEMs, It became really easy to insert in.

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #2,985 of 3,787
Quote:
What do they charge for this service?

Nothing. I just got my JH16 for less than a year.  JH audio has been great and communicative to me all the time. They replied all my emails within 3 hours. Impressive service. And I have to mention for ear molds, they probably have the most accurate techniques to make the smallest IEMs possible  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back