JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Apr 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #2,911 of 3,787
Thanks for the input, i was looking into the rx3 too, any idea when they will be available to buy.

Since the Dx100 can play Apple lossless it is tempting, the only thing that worries me about it is damage... if i dropped an ipod i could replace it easily where as if i dropped the IBasso this wouldn't be the case (+ i would cry much more).

The rx3 has had heaps of delays but is now due out mid may. Unlikely to have any more delays.

Apr 27, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #2,912 of 3,787

Quote:

+1. JH just received my impressions so I think I could still go the JH3 route. Has anyone actually tried both setups with and without 3A? Has anyone used the adapter cable you can get with the 3A 16s and A/B'd them and can report back on sonic differences? Searched all over the forums but info is very sketchy on this particular subject. TIA>

Went for it today. 3A with adapter. Good times to come. :)

May 5, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #2,913 of 3,787
the jh3a is without the active crossover right? just an amp?

May 5, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #2,914 of 3,787
Quote:

Crossover is in the JH-16s (Passive) but the amp is a 6 channel amp with 3 channels going to each IEM. If you look at the cables for the JH-16s that are made for the 3A they have 4 connectors (low, mid, high, and ground). I don't know what is going on in the amp exactly but the fact that they are sending out 6 channels tells me there might be some sort of frequency splitting going on in the amp and not leaving it all to the earpiece crossover. This setup is very similar to my home speakers which have 10 amplified channels (5 for each speaker) handled by two 6 channel amps (one for each speaker) and frequencies are split by an analog sound processor (ASP) before going to the separate amp channel then to the individual drivers. This is what attracted me to this setup initially as I know what mine is capable of. Won't have my 16-3A combo for a few more weeks but maybe one of the owners here can chime in on what is being sent through channel.

May 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #2,915 of 3,787
Quote:

There is No active crossover in the jh3a. It was a huge disaster for Jerry.

May 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #2,917 of 3,787
My JH16s finally shipped and are now in town, at the UPS warehouse that is a 10 minute drive from where we live. UPS won't let me pick them up, though. They have to attempt one delivery first, scheduled for Monday!!!! I could hop in my car now and literally 20 minutes later be back home, listening to my JH16s and saving UPS the hassle and cost of delivering them to my address! But no, my long-awaited JH16s have to simmer at the UPS warehouse for two days before I can get my hands on them on Monday! Can someone explain this bizarre UPS policy to me please...

May 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #2,919 of 3,787
Quote:

May I ask why, just out of curiosity?

I think he means it was a disaster in the sense that he promised active crossover but UE held the patent, so he disappointed a few people by not being able to produce it and had already taken their money. On the upside it was a success and delivered the sound he promised as well as being able to use the 16s with any amp which would not have been possible with the crossover in the unit. It worked out for the best and nobody is complaining about the sound quality from the 3a.

May 6, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #2,921 of 3,787
I just got my chris_himself cable last week and holy moly, it opened up my JH16. Midrange is more detailed, decay is more detailed, clarity bumped up quite a notch, more controlled and refined sound overall. Very, very happy with these cables.

I was not a believer in cables before—but I'm one more in the cable bandwagon now 
o2smile.gif

May 6, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #2,922 of 3,787
Any chance of a pic of Chris's cable? Especially the junction where it plugs into the JH16. Cheers

May 6, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #2,923 of 3,787
Quote:
Any chance of a pic of Chris's cable? Especially the junction where it plugs into the JH16. Cheers

You can choose what plug you want with Chris (straight, right angle, etc). The sound is really good with this cable especially at this price range. However the build quality stops me using it. I won't tangle easily (at all actually) the way you want.

May 6, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #2,925 of 3,787
Quote:
I believe he's talking about the pin/socket part where the cable meets the JH16
redface.gif

Ohh sorry. That part, a little bigger than OM connectors:) Won't work on recessed sockets. Chris has lots of pictures on his website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back