JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Oct 16, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #1,816 of 3,787
Quote:
Yeah the bass isn't overwhelming, just prominent. You do notice the difference a lot when you listen to the same music without the JH16's though. 

Glad it's not overwhelming, but I sure hope it's enough. I'm a total basshead and listen to primarily electronic music (with a little rock thrown in for variety). I'm hoping the JH16's will work without EQ setting and still vibrate my head off
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #1,818 of 3,787

Quote:
I ordered a set of JH16pros and I have to say I love them! I was a bit worried about  how deep the bass was going to be, but to my relief its just fine. Not sure whether its my source material, or source, but the bass doesn't seem to be all that overwhelming. It's just right I would say. Thanks again for having such a great forum and thread!

Great looking customs, congrats.  But that cable has to go...there is just so much more you're not hearing with that cheap stock cable.  Jimi deserves more...LOL

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #1,819 of 3,787

Quote:
Great looking customs, congrats.  But that cable has to go...there is just so much more you're not hearing with that cheap stock cable.  Jimi deserves more...LOL

Funny you should say that
smily_headphones1.gif
. That picture was taken before the TWAGs came. They are now burning in. It's been about 30 hours. I never really believed in that burn in stuff, but these cables definitely do sound different from when I first got them.

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #1,821 of 3,787
I don't understand the concept of cable burn in. I get that components with caps and other elements might change chemically over time as the oxidize, but don't understand how changes can occur in a stable material like silver from an electrical signal.

Oct 16, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #1,827 of 3,787

Quote:
I don't understand the concept of cable burn in. I get that components with caps and other elements might change chemically over time as the oxidize, but don't understand how changes can occur in a stable material like silver from an electrical signal.

Indeed. Sadly, it is this public lack of understanding regarding basic sciences that enables scammers. That, and a fanatical, almost religious zeal, regarding the virtues of custom cables and other "audiophile" tomfoolery. Do you remember that clown at whiplash audio who, until recently, was selling a $500 usb cable!? And let's not forget the $100 audiophile fuse. Ridiculous. Some people would benefit from remediating middle school physics.

Oct 16, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #1,828 of 3,787

Quote:
It just looks purple in the picture. It's actually the black eye blue, its close enough for me.

Oh wow - mine haven't been delivered, but my left earbud is black eye blue. That does look more purple than I was expecting. I'm hoping it's a brilliant blue to match the candy apple red right I ordered.

Fun double meaning - not only R/B for the audio channels, but I have red and blue hot rod flames tattooed on my respective arms to match
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #1,829 of 3,787

Quote:
Indeed. Sadly, it is this public lack of understanding regarding basic sciences that enables scammers. That, and a fanatical, almost religious zeal, regarding the virtues of custom cables and other "audiophile" tomfoolery. Do you remember that clown at whiplash audio who, until recently, was selling a $500 usb cable!? And let's not forget the $100 audiophile fuse. Ridiculous. Some people would benefit from remediating middle school physics.

Perhaps when you have the opportunity to listen and invest in a bit more sophisticated equipment--which includes quality interconnects whether you accept it or not--your opinion may change.  And I do not mean disrespect nor offend anyone, unlike you.  I am not saying there are no scammers or people who market stuff on false pretenses.  These should be called out for what they are.  Nobody will make you purchase anything from any vendor you do not want to purchase I think most head-fiers are here to learn more about all these products out there and intelligent enough to choose what's best for them within their budget. Why does it bother you that somebody has purchased that $500 USB cable and is satisfied with his or her investment?

As I was driving my Hyundai Genesis today, a Ferrari California passed me by, truly amazing sight with a sticker price of 6-7 times of my own car.  These are hand-built, using nothing but the finest materials not to speak of the exquisite design and limited production.  I did not think it was driven by a zealot and was sprinkled with snake oil even though I will never be able to afford one.

The money of that clown you refer to and others who sponsor this forum and keep it running makes it possible for us to share information and learn about high-end audio from independent sources.  Since you are so knowledgeable, why don't you start your own business build a higher quality cable for cheaper that performs as well or better sonically and I promise I will buy yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back